Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,101,577 Views | 224565 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by flashplayer
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prognightmare said:

infinity ag said:

Prognightmare said:

infinity ag said:

I think it's a great time to buy and hold. Markets are at a low and looking for a reason to jump up.
I think we give back some of this recent move off the lows. If that occurs, then I'd take some long positions that I want to just hold onto.

Yes, there's been some gains YTD and I think some of it will be given back, but then I don't think we go below where we were on Dec 31. So if you buy now and hold through, you should be up after 3-6 months.

From this year, I have started an account purely for playing momentum. This is outside my IRA and my regular trading account. The plan is to use the short term gains for things like vacation, home improvement, kid's expenses and other short term needs/luxuries. Let's see how it goes.
Pay a lot of attention to OldArmy1. You will learn a ton and profit more than not if you do.
Or he's priming all of us for one ginormous bagholder action and will bury us all....

I kid. He's been nails on a lot of things and his analysis has been extremely helpful to posters.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

infinity ag said:

Prognightmare said:

infinity ag said:

I think it's a great time to buy and hold. Markets are at a low and looking for a reason to jump up.
I think we give back some of this recent move off the lows. If that occurs, then I'd take some long positions that I want to just hold onto.

Yes, there's been some gains YTD and I think some of it will be given back, but then I don't think we go below where we were on Dec 31. So if you buy now and hold through, you should be up after 3-6 months.

From this year, I have started an account purely for playing momentum. This is outside my IRA and my regular trading account. The plan is to use the short term gains for things like vacation, home improvement, kid's expenses and other short term needs/luxuries. Let's see how it goes.
Pay a lot of attention to OldArmy1. You will learn a ton and profit more than not if you do.
Or he's priming all of us for one ginormous bagholder action and will bury us all....

I kid. He's been nails on a lot of things and his analysis has been extremely helpful to posters.
The man has a 7 monitor trading station and two screens are on TexAgs.

Bury us? He damn near loves us!
gougler08
AG
snowmnag970 said:

Well this chart is a bit disturbing...

I guess we will know after earnings this week
badharambe
AG
for any other momentum degenerates out there -
NBEV is really heating up and looks like a beautiful set up. I'm looking to buy some options a few weeks out and will be looking to add tomorrow off a weak open.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Welp, CGC doing what pot stocks do.

Up ~46% over the past 5 trading days.
infinity ag
Prognightmare said:

infinity ag said:

Prognightmare said:

infinity ag said:

Thanks Prognightmare, I'll keep a watch on his posts.
I have made a lot of money for years from TexAgs stock tips. Examples are DYII (around 2001), and more recently GMCR and LVS.
Edit: OldArmy just mentioned WYNN. They were in competition with LVS so maybe it was his stock tip that made me money 10 years ago!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Think that was Bocephus that made that call.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

snowmnag970 said:

Well this chart is a bit disturbing...

I guess we will know after earnings this week
I suppose they are thinking we have the retest similar to 2016? Plausible. I placed yellow arrows on same analytical timeframes for buy/sell momentum. 2016 had the flag pattern yellow arrow bust upward befoire topping out to slide back and then start the downward cycle. There was over 3 months between the 1st bottom and the restest, so look for upward movement that can't break that key 2700 mark before any retest action starts (if the computer algorithms are in control.

oldarmy1
AG
MNGA after hour volume alerts hit. in a meeting and can't look but if moving upward watch it close for a spike.
12thDude
AG
I've been a lurker off and on for the past few months, and also wanted to say thanks to everyone that posts their advice and strategies. With so much info out there to comb through, this thread is an amazing resource to have at hand.

With that being said, has anyone heard of FlowAlgo? I haven't seen anyone mention it on here unless I missed it, but I came across it recently on Twitter. They sell a pretty good story on their home page, but maybe I'm just ignorant and this kind of information can be found elsewhere for free, cheaper, etc. I couldn't really find any reviews or much about them from a quick search either. Looks like they've been around for over a year.
Ranger222
AG
There are several options out there that will aggregate option flow for you like the company you mentioned. Maybe its just me but I find the $100 / month price tag for such services outrageous. For me personally, I can't justify the cost. Maybe if you're a larger player it is worth it. You can get a lot of the largest flows for free on twitter with people posting about it. That works for me.
badharambe
AG
I actually was trying to browse the internet for a (free) tool like this last week.

Like Ranger said, there are a lot of great services out there from respected individuals that I'm sure a few people could list off for you and anyone that's interested.

I know the desktop TOS program has a tool that monitors large flow of various equities, however, I have not looked into if it stores that data for later or if its just a live monitoring/feed of the day as it progresses. But I plan on looking soon and let you know what I find ( this would be the closest tool to "free" that I could find.
oldarmy1
AG
S&P Futures +16.25
CT-11
AG
Futs back to flat on JPM top and bottom line miss
Señor Chang
AG
Is anyone who's holding RRTS buying more through their rights offering? For each share you own, you can buy ~23 shares.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Curious, as there's a decent thread on the automotive board going, has anyone looked into stocks that pertain the metals used in battery technology. If election vehicles is the future, then this is where the money should be found
leoj
AG
That should be priced in to most applicable mining stocks. Look at FMC chart since 2016, although I think they spun off the Lithoum production into LTHM?

Also the problem is you get into the mining sector, commodity pricing, etc. I'm not a fan personally. You can see the ALB chart since 2016 as well to see the volatility.

I would rather bet on technology and automotive associated with EV and autonomous driving.
jmcfar_98
AG
NFLX up 5% early. Announced a price hike.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/15/netflix-to-raise-prices-by-13percent-to-18percent-its-biggest-increase-ever.html
Quote:

Netflix is raising its U.S. prices by 13 percent to 18 percent, its biggest increase since the company launched its streaming service 12 years ago.

Shares of Netflix soared 6 percent ahead of the market open Tuesday.

Its most popular plan will see the largest hike, to $13 per month from $11. That option offers high-definition streaming on up to two different internet-connected devices simultaneously. Even at the higher price, that plan is still a few dollars cheaper than HBO, whose streaming service charges $15 per month.

The extra cash will help to pay for Netflix's huge investment in original shows and films and finance the heavy debt it has assumed to ward off rivals such as Amazon, Disney and AT&T.

This marks the fourth time that Netflix has raised its U.S. prices; the last hike came in late 2017. But this is the first time that higher prices will hit all 58 million U.S. subscribers, the number Netflix reported at the end of September.

Previously, Netflix had continued to offer a basic, $8-a-month streaming plan while raising rates on more comprehensive plans with better video quality and options to watch simultaneously on different devices.

This time, the price for the cheapest plan is going up to $9 per month. A premium plan offering ultra-high definition will jump to $16 per month from $14.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Smart move. Won't lose any viewers and will bring in a lot more cash without offering anything really. I won't cancel. Though the timing is interesting to me. I wonder if they're prepping for some less than expected earnings with this announcement before their ER...
oldarmy1
AG
Buying SPOT Jan 25 $138 Calls @ $1.40
oldarmy1
AG
Did someone say S&P Flag? Breakout
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Buying SPOT Jan 25 $138 Calls @ $1.40
Looks like one of you joined me on this so my target is $3.95
oldarmy1
AG
2594 must become a hard bottom if this is going to hold as a technical breakout. That would be entry/exit level
oldarmy1
AG
Short blip below 2594 with immediate reversal back above that mark. Put it in stone. We lose 2594 again today its down we go. But the reversal pivot was bullish and now chatter around 2600 we'll see if explosion move up through that for last time on this current trend from V bottom continues.
oldarmy1
AG
Pay attention also to JPM.....misses but has now come back showing that the overall selloff took it below valuation support. Bullish
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/15/netflix-to-raise-prices-by-13percent-to-18percent-its-biggest-increase-ever.html
Quote:

Netflix is raising its U.S. prices by 13 percent to 18 percent, its biggest increase since the company launched its streaming service 12 years ago.

Shares of Netflix soared 6 percent ahead of the market open Tuesday.

Its most popular plan will see the largest hike, to $13 per month from $11. That option offers high-definition streaming on up to two different internet-connected devices simultaneously. Even at the higher price, that plan is still a few dollars cheaper than HBO, whose streaming service charges $15 per month.

The extra cash will help to pay for Netflix's huge investment in original shows and films and finance the heavy debt it has assumed to ward off rivals such as Amazon, Disney and AT&T.

This marks the fourth time that Netflix has raised its U.S. prices; the last hike came in late 2017. But this is the first time that higher prices will hit all 58 million U.S. subscribers, the number Netflix reported at the end of September.

Previously, Netflix had continued to offer a basic, $8-a-month streaming plan while raising rates on more comprehensive plans with better video quality and options to watch simultaneously on different devices.

This time, the price for the cheapest plan is going up to $9 per month. A premium plan offering ultra-high definition will jump to $16 per month from $14.

I may end up selling NFLX prior to earnings now...
ProgN
gougler08
AG
ALGN needs to break out of that downward wedge soon...
Aggie09Derek
AG
Sold some extra NFLX jus tnow that I picked up for an avg of 240ish last month. Still holding bulk of my position but a day like today right before earnings felt like a good day to unload some of it.

I've been big on NFLX for 7 years now. Been a wild ride.
gougler08
AG
A gap on SPX on the minute chart
ProgN
gougler08 said:

I can't find any information as to why the markets suddenly jumped.
leoj
AG
nice call
59 South
AG
Seor Chang said:

Is anyone who's holding RRTS buying more through their rights offering? For each share you own, you can buy ~23 shares.

I'm not sure exactly how this is going to work, but I think the rights will be issued like call options at $0.50 per share. And I think you'll be able to sell them like options during the open period. So if the share price is $0.50 they'll probably be worthless or maybe have a tiny bit of premium. Hopefully the share price is higher and there's some premium. Probably wishful thinking but if each share has just a nickel premium then that's 5 cents x 23 = $1.15 per current share or $1150 per 1000 shares you currently own. Could be way off base here, and I'm expecting share price to stay at around $0.50 until everything settles out.

I'm interested to know everyone else's understanding and if I'm totally off base...
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Profit taking coming in hard
First Page Last Page
Page 351 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.