Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,074,370 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by El_duderino
Maximus_Meridius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wanderer said:

Who could have ever predicted this for MGNI??

So...in my defense...I'm currently transitioning from Ally to IBKR. Plus, as I said elsewhere I was really overexposed to the market, so it made sense to me (at the time) to go ahead and cash it in.

Just wish I would have waited one more week...
cisgenderedAggie
McInnis 03 said:

Seriously, congratulations to all you MGNI holders. This was a play I executed so so poorly. (yes, two so's in there). I was selling CC's on MGNI to increase cash flow, and when MGNI blew up, this play bit me in the ass harder than a cave full of mating rattlesnakes. At the end of me taking care of the debts owed on the CC's that blew up, I was left with a measely 33 shares. Thankfully those shares are cost basis $6.45 on the P/L (even though they're truly net free).

I am certain that inside this thread there are people holding hundreds, thousands, and OA's tens of thousands of shares. I want to say congrats to all of you and I'm very happy for y'all.

Way to ****ing go kids.

Agreed...but can you find us another SAVA?
0708aggie
AG
My 30k gain on MGNI would've been 150k.

That and selling early on BB calls to miss on 120k make me want to vomit.
FJ43
third coast.. said:

can one of you chartists tell me what you see on this chart from $VEON? It looks like i is approaching the Model T at 1.75. It also looks like a tricksy move back in late January. It went below the 200 EMA for some time but is now back over it. Id appreciate some insight for no other reason than to learn what things are saying!

I picked this up on my scan settings.

Model T over the 12 month period is about $2. It has new support now at $1.60 which was a prior resistance. Coming off a double bottom. Basically forming the handle now back from a June cup completion.

Dumped off right at Feb COVID impact from $2.70. $8B company that has struggled financially but just signed a global contract with Master Card to expand Master Card's digital financial services. Could change their game.
I bought shares at the new support level the other day and also loaded June & Sept $2 calls. They are cheap at about .15-.20 on June and .30-.35 on September.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

0708aggie
AG
WWR moving. 8.60 PM.
FJ43
0708aggie said:

WWR moving. 8.60 PM.
Come get my 10s or 12.50s. Take your pick I am good with it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

0708aggie
AG
Agree. I'll take it, but my luck it rockets to $50 like MGNI.

Sitting on 7500 shares.
Bobcat-Ag
What are your thoughts on GE? Seems like they may have something going over there.
cageybee77
AG
I wonder if NIO jumps today - based on "industrial park" news. I'm still not buying yet.
AgEE10
AG
Leaps

Edit: If I recall correctly, OA mentioned they finally had a business plan over the next few years that should help move them to a higher valuation.
FTAG 2000
AG
AG 2000' said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

My thought is that I'm an idiot for not dumping in money on POWW a few days ago when it was under $5.50. idiot!
I've resisted getting into this because I figure King Biden will be along with an executive order on guns and ammo like he's doing with every other Dem wish list item.

Dumb reason to stay away?
Bump for the morning crowd.
McInnis 03
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

Seriously, congratulations to all you MGNI holders. This was a play I executed so so poorly. (yes, two so's in there). I was selling CC's on MGNI to increase cash flow, and when MGNI blew up, this play bit me in the ass harder than a cave full of mating rattlesnakes. At the end of me taking care of the debts owed on the CC's that blew up, I was left with a measely 33 shares. Thankfully those shares are cost basis $6.45 on the P/L (even though they're truly net free).

I am certain that inside this thread there are people holding hundreds, thousands, and OA's tens of thousands of shares. I want to say congrats to all of you and I'm very happy for y'all.

Way to ****ing go kids.

Agreed...but can you find us another SAVA?

Bro, my earbuds are in and I'm listening to Benzinga Charlie give me nothing at the moment. But as soon as I hear another $18 stock is given a $1750 price target, I'll let EVERYONE know.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
CPST up to 12 pre-market.
Rice and Fries
FJ43 said:

0708aggie said:

WWR moving. 8.60 PM.
Come get my 10s or 12.50s. Take your pick I am good with it.

I'm over here biting my nails cause I don't know what to do lol.

I sold 5 covered calls for March at $10 earlier this week. But a few weeks ago I bought 5 - $5 naked calls expiring for March also. I guess I'll lose 1/2 my total shares at $10 per and then turn around and execute ITM $5 calls to re-add them back lol
0708aggie
AG
Personally i'd Stay away from the play if looking long. Swing trade it, but I wouldn't hold.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
AAPL north of 138 is sexy time.

Room to run!
McInnis 03
AG
After today's SNDL's shares get called out, I'll be left with a healthy share count at net free. Hoping that in the next 7 days CGC or TLRY or Aurora decides to buy them out for $5 a share.
FJ43
0708aggie said:

Agree. I'll take it, but my luck it rockets to $50 like MGNI.

Sitting on 7500 shares.
Yeah I hate to miss out but....I only have calls sold on half just in case. I will long be net free by then so can sleep a little better.

Baby Billy
AG
MGNI has been my largest holding in my "Texags account" for a while even with the few March $15 CC (ouch). Sold some at $15 to go net free, sold another 10% at $20, and then sold 20% more last week at $38.

Still holding 250 shares, will never complain about that type of gain, but damn it's hard not to think about what could have been
0708aggie
AG
NTX folks, when are we meeting up? I'd like to buy a few of y'all some beers for your advice and charting.

OA, we'll send a Limo for you.
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie
AG
Leaps? $VEON
Baby Billy
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

AAPL north of 138 is sexy time.

Room to run!

I LIKE SEXY TIME
wanderer
Let me be clear, this is not me knocking others who sold early or didn't think MGNI would keep mooning. I sold plenty of 3/19 $20 calls that have just been staring at me for months and even some June calls that I still have, ALL sold WAY to early. In fact, just yesterday I sold a 3/19 $60 call for $2 thinking it never had a chance to be called out.
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

Leaps? $VEON
Not a bad idea
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I don't know who needs to hear this, but some of you do:

You will miss big moves in the market because you took profit early, sold too much, etc. after its happened, there is literally nothing you can do. It's best to be happy you made money and then move on without a second thought. There are always opportunities.

I sold AREC at $4 yesterday. I bought it at $3. I sold OEG covered calls at $5. I bought it at $2.50. I sold TIGR options this week too early, but I own the underlying and was risk managing. I sold NET options for a loss last year to watch them go ITM the next day.

I don't spend time being upset about it because my process works. I give myself about 20 minutes to have a pity party and then I get on with life.
FJ43
0708aggie said:

Leaps? $VEON
Most are in the June and Sept $2

irish pete ag06
AG

Look at yesterday's CLOV chart at the open. I guess that would be all of Hindenburg's buddies going long.
wanderer
oldarmy1 said:

I'm in these June $2 calls for $.21. I'm guessing my entry is a tad high?
gig em 02
McInnis 03 said:

I am certain that inside this thread there are people holding hundreds, thousands, and OA's tens (hundreds) of thousands of shares. I want to say congrats to all of you and I'm very happy for y'all.

Way to ****ing go kids.

Dont make the same mistake with WWR and MVIS!
0708aggie
AG
So am I, just wanted potentially longer time frame exposure.
McInnis 03
AG
$NLS

Now, this is OA's play, so forgive me for giving input as his would be more worthwhile; however, I'm in this play and this is what I'm seeing. I am severely red on it, but will continue to give it a little more time.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
0708aggie said:

NTX folks, when are we meeting up? I'd like to buy a few of y'all some beers for your advice and charting.

OA, we'll send a Limo for you.

I will freely meet up with you all if everyone is vaccinated.
Baby Billy
AG
I want to punch the smug, greater than thou look off Andrew Ross Sorkin's face. Big Kernen fan and you can tell libtard Sorkin can't stand him.
McKinney Ag69
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 3110 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.