Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,083,202 Views | 231801 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Playing off of the PINS call flow....

$PINS
Bullish Call Butterfly
2/12 expiry
80/85/90
$.45 cost for max return of $5.
FJ43
third coast.. said:

i thought a tricksy move coincided with crossing over a MA, whatever it may be. i must have been sleepwatching.
Long sell wick/shadow at the bottom of the V with reversal following.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Is this correct?

I would say yes based on my notes. Sometimes more volume to coincide though I think.
I don't remember from the seminar. It just another indication for a bulllish move, correct?
Post removed:
by user
zag213004
AG
third coast.. said:

zwhag2010 said:

Entered VEON calls yesterday and they are up 30% currently
the June calls? got a ways to go!

Yes
fightintxag13
AG
Someone slap me if I'm wrong here, but if I've got idle cash sitting on the sidelines, I could go buy WWR shares for ~7.65 right now. Turn around and sell the Mar $7.5 calls against all those shares for $2.15. That nets you $2.00 or 26.7% for 6 weeks of tying up the cash.

It seems so simple, so someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here.
jwhitlock3
fightintxag13 said:

Someone slap me if I'm wrong here, but if I've got idle cash sitting on the sidelines, I could go buy WWR shares for ~7.65 right now. Turn around and sell the Mar $7.5 calls against all those shares for $2.15. That nets you $2.00 or 26.7% for 6 weeks of tying up the cash.

Could run to $10+ and you'd miss the rest of those gains, but yeah it's that simple. Volatility is propping those call premiums up a lot.
FJ43
Looking at charts and asking what the heck are all these little yellow triangles all over AAPL and CLOV candles. Looks like aircraft coming into IAH on radar.

Figured it out I have news reports to come onto positions at the minute they post.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Post removed:
by user
ag94whoop
AG
anyone remember the BFT target?
I cant find it

XL looks like $38-50 long term and about $25 short unless I missed something

leoj
AG
FJ43 said:

third coast.. said:

i thought a tricksy move coincided with crossing over a MA, whatever it may be. i must have been sleepwatching.
believe it can also coincide with testing previous support, quick shakeout and stop trigger move.
cisgenderedAggie
fightintxag13 said:

Strongly consider how satiated you will be for 26.7% gain. If you are disciplined enough to not screw with it, go you.

Also be comfortable with being stock as it crashes down (just in case it happens).
jwhitlock3
$BFT target was 2.50
FTAG 2000
AG
Touchless said:

ONTX just hit model T
I got out at a buck. Will probably regret but doubled up on my entry point.

Historically, reverse stock splits don't mean good things for the future of the stock (think I read 90% of all reverse splits end up down significantly over the next three years).

Coachbro20
FJ43 said:

Coachbro20 said:

FJ43 said:

IBIO

Check out where we are on the IBIO chart going back to March 2020. See resistance yellow line and the last green candle is this morning premarket. Major line of resistance here. If it breaks this then no telling.

How we looking as far as what amounts are we seeing resistance at for $IBIO?
Right at it.

Thank u
kyle field 94
AG
Regarding CLOV and cc's

I am long the shares and have sold cc (feb 17.50 and feb 20) against 1/3 of my position and trying to figure out the best thing to do:

A: do nothing
B: buy back the feb cc with approx 70% ROI on them
C: roll the calls to March and collect a small additional premium

I am leaning towards A, cause if the stock hits 17.50 and 20 in the next 15 days, I will be very happy to get called out, since I have additional shares not with cc against them

Also, if the cc expire worthless, then I can sell the calls again on the next rally, vs selling calls while the stock is on the low now.

Thoughts?
tsuag10
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/atlanta-feds-bostic-not-my-expectation-to-taper-qe-this-year-153018144.html
Quote:

Atlanta Fed's Bostic: 'Not my expectation' to taper QE this year

Brian Cheung
Thu, February 4, 2021, 9:30 AM

Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta President Raphael Bostic said Thursday that he does not expect economic conditions to warrant a wind down in the Fed's aggressive asset purchase program this year.

"We're not locked into anything, and our policy is actually going to be data-driven," Bostic told Yahoo Finance in an exclusive interview Thursday.

The Fed has messaged that it will continue to buy at least $120 billion a month in mortgage-backed securities and U.S. Treasuries until the economic recovery makes "substantial further progress."

Many Fed officials have shied away from offering more specific guidance on when the economy would achieve that progress - and then begin tapering the so-called quantitative easing, or QE, program.

But earlier in the month, Bostic told Reuters that he was "hopeful that in fairly short order" the Fed could start to slow its asset purchases, as soon as this year.

Bostic told Yahoo Finance Thursday that his modal forecast is for U.S. GDP to grow by 5% to 6% in 2021. But asked if that modal forecast was substantial enough to warrant a tapering this year, Bostic said "that's not my expectation."

Bostic added that while he is still "open to any possibility," he emphasized that the Fed does not want to give off the impression that it is "eager" to pull back monetary policy support.

"One other thing I should say and I didn't say this in those earlier interviews and that was a mistake on my part is that our new long-run framework says explicitly we're going to be willing to let the economy run hot," Bostic said.

The Atlanta Fed chief is a voting member of this year's policy-setting Federal Open Market Committee, which decided last week to hold interest rates steady at near-zero.

Bostic reiterated that the vaccine distribution will be the biggest driver for the path of the economy, but said too few people have been inoculated to see any effect on the aggregate performance of the economy.

Ahead of tomorrow's jobs report, Bostic said he expected the holiday season to be tough but hopes the report will show the economy past the "trough."
FJ43
leoj said:

FJ43 said:

third coast.. said:

believe it can also coincide with testing previous support, quick shakeout and stop trigger move.
Agree. Was a neat indicator I learned from the seminar now I subconsciously look for them I think. Watching to see if we have one on SNDL actually.

BenRev09
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

fightintxag13 said:

Could run to $10+ and you'd miss the rest of those gains, but yeah it's that simple. Volatility is propping those call premiums up a lot.
certainly nothing wrong with that, but I think selling CC's on half would be a better way to go. And better yet, buy shares and wait for a pop above 8 before selling CC's on half
Bob Knights Paper Hands
FJ43 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Is this correct?

I would say yes based on my notes. Sometimes more volume to coincide though I think.

I associated it with pushing barely through a longer timeframe ema. As in they sold below the 20 or 50 to get stops, algos, or retail sellers that would see that as bearish. I am wrong a lot though.
jwhitlock3
$WWR I would agree unless they already have a large accumulation and this is just a play to earn on some sidelined cash. Good point
leoj
AG
leoj said:

Reentered $SNOW calls on this ascending triangle intraday after the opening drop.

Did not work at all, all out. Will wait for it to get over the 50sma to re-enter, leaving it on the watch list with alerts set.
CheladaAg
AG
Looks like SFIX found support after a 5 day selloff.
ag94whoop
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

$BFT target was 2.50
I meant target stock price. Its so new there is very little analyst opinion but I seem to remember OA giving a target price i just cant remember what it was
irish pete ag06
AG
FJ43 said:

third coast.. said:

So this on the 5 min BFT day chart?
fightintxag13
AG
BenRev09 said:

jwhitlock3 said:

fightintxag13 said:

certainly nothing wrong with that, but I think selling CC's on half would be a better way to go. And better yet, buy shares and wait for a pop above 8 before selling CC's on half
I've already got a large portion of my portfolio in WWR. That's why I was thinking of playing a little more conservative and covering all of the new shares. I'd be tickled pink at putting idle cash to work and making that much on a "conservative" short term play. OA still loves this stock so if I get stuck with the shares, I trust his confidence enough to be ok with holding the bag on them with a $5.5 cost basis.

Moral of this story...those premiums are JUICED!
fightintxag13
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

$WWR I would agree unless they already have a large accumulation and this is just a play to earn on some sidelined cash. Good point
Bingo. That's what this would be.
FTAG 2000
AG
FJ43 said:

third coast.. said:

im going to laugh when CLOV finishes green on the day
I have now sold the crap out of May $10 puts. I bought back the $12.50 March puts and cost me .15 each to buy back. Turned around and sold the May $10 for $1.90. Net to me was .20 cost each but at a $2.50 lower strike.

I will take the risk being on the hook for shares net costs basis of $8.10 on this one.
I want to follow this one. Still new to options.

Just to confirm - I'd be selling to open a put on the May $10 strikes, right?

cptthunder
IDEX
This thing has been on a run since the beginning of the year and now that its broken through $5 i dont see much stopping it until $6
I know there were some people running the wheel and selling calls on this during the Nov spike and its paying off now
BrokeAssAggie
ONTX in beast mode today.
Running with the Bulls
Running with the Bulls said:

$CIDM!!!
CIDM!!!
KT 90
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Are you sitting on net free shares as well? Just sit an watch, or consider cashing in a portion? They are net free, so inclined to just sit back and watch.

FJ43
AG 2000' said:

FJ43 said:

third coast.. said:

im going to laugh when CLOV finishes green on the day
I have now sold the crap out of May $10 puts. I bought back the $12.50 March puts and cost me .15 each to buy back. Turned around and sold the May $10 for $1.90. Net to me was .20 cost each but at a $2.50 lower strike.

I will take the risk being on the hook for shares net costs basis of $8.10 on this one.
I want to follow this one. Still new to options.

Just to confirm - I'd be selling to open a put on the May $10 strikes, right?

Yep. Sell to open on puts and you are paid the premium now but are on the hook to buy the shares at the strike if they are assigned to you. Your net costs basis is then the strike less the premium but you will pay the $10 per share in this case.

BrokeAssAggie
KT 90 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Are you sitting on net free shares as well? Just sit an watch, or consider cashing in a portion? They are net free, so inclined to just sit back and watch.

Yes, net free, so going to let it ride.
First Page Last Page
Page 3093 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.