Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,105,099 Views | 224603 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by Spoony Love
claym711
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As said weeks ago, it's sell the rips. It remains so. This thread is far too bullish. Some of the most simple TA shows major MA crossovers that led to deeper draws than what we have so far 100% of the time. And, in some instances, much deeper. Sell the rips. Btfd market this is not. Not right now.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
If you're a day or swing trader, I'd say you are correct. Short term activity can have merits and hopefully you do not get out of sync with the swing. Longer term, 3 to 4 months the economy is bullish. There aren't enough negative factors (yet) to redirect the trend. The majority of the experts in the industry are calling a bear, a collapse, a flush, etc. or at least that's what the media prints. All the while, the minority of experts are steady and looking up. The USA has good solid economic news, Govt data showing growth still in view, bull trend still intact, while the naysayers and bear-boys are running to one side of the boat. I think I like what I see for the next 60 days and maybe 60 more. I'll look to readjust later, not now.
59 South
AG
Meh. Stay on your toes and understand your risk tolerance and exposure. Adjust accordingly.

Some of us that are on the younger side with high paying jobs could literally weather a "catastrophic" crash like 2008 and be just dandy by the time we need the money. If it's going to happen, sure it will suck, but better to happen now sooner than later.

Probably need to go back and read this thread late 2015 - early 2016. Charts aren't all that different. I wasn't a regular on this board back then so I don't remember the sentiment. But I'm sure a lot of you perma bear types didn't make nearly as much as you could have from those 2 years starting Q1 2016 up until the 2018 meltup.

On Thanksgiving, be extra thankful today for this first world of all first world problems to have! Have a good one guys!
oldarmy1
AG
Oil futures liquidity break. CL NYMX down $4. Back to my Chicago Mercantile days. I just made my first commodity trade in 14 years. Bought At $50.73.

There will be some production cut announcements with oil this low, shooting us back above $60 before these Jan expirations.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures melting down -20.25
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Futures melting down -20.25

Was fun while it lasted on Wednesday
diablo loco
i need a few oil and gas ideas. want to start to accumulate. any favorites? Looking at PE.
DripAG08
AG
I'd avoid PE.

Look at XEC or EOG.
Ragoo
AG
JFK_00 said:

i need a few oil and gas ideas. want to start to accumulate. any favorites? Looking at PE.
crc, eog
gougler08
AG
Potential for bullish harami's on MU and SQ (even though it's very early)
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO next resistance is $2.18. $2.28 after that. Typically a large run up after it breaks $2.28
CheladaAg
AG
Lots of insider buying the last week.
IrishTxAggie
AG
boyz05 said:

Lots of insider buying the last week.

Millions in insider buys when it dipped to the mid $1s and I thought it was bull*****..
Señor Chang
AG
Pardon my ignorance. Is there a way to track the insider buys? I thought they had to file paperwork with the SEC in advance.
IrishTxAggie
AG
They do, but it doesn't become public knowledge until after they purchased.
diablo loco
bought cx, eog, xec, aveo, crc, and pe. wish me luck. want to add solar as well. maybe jks.
IrishTxAggie
AG
You know AVEO isn't an O&G right?
diablo loco
i do. This is a november texags inspired play with some money i don't need.
gougler08
AG
JD seems to have set another low resistance point around 19.20, went with Nov 30 calls at 20
oldarmy1
AG
AAPL selling pressure continues. My $172.50 naked Puts might execute leaving me a net $167.82 entry.
oldarmy1
AG
With Black Friday and Cyber Monday the FANG stocks not responding should be concerning.
oldarmy1
AG
OSTK best performer for online
ProgN
JFK_00 said:

NFX is a solid company you might want to check into.
teecoy
AG
NFX bought by ECA...but yes if you buy Nfx you get converted to ECA at 2.67x upon deal closing, still a good buy I believe
ProgN
Was not aware of that, thank you. That stock made me some good money.
oldarmy1
AG
We should expect this push upwards to continue. Pattern repeating from last 4 times.
oldarmy1
AG
It's coming. Hold your next big moves with shares bought, Call options or naked Puts sold until that gap fills.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

2681 all but a guarantee now before any action. The gap fill is where I make my next moves on some covered calls on biggest gainers.
This is what I'm referencing on above post. Expect pauses like right now inviting short sellers to come in before getting ric-rolled.
IrishTxAggie
AG
OSTK getting hammered.

As an aside note, this is why I am extremely skeptical of cryptocurrencies still. OSTK hitched their wagon to it and it's showing.
johnson2012
AG
Bump in volume on MNGA in the last 15 minutes
oldarmy1
AG
APPL came close to filling that $169.16 gap but a clear red/green intraday reversal hit at $170.27 followed by successive red/green continuation patterns to current levels.

Makes me wonder if we get the gap fill. Certainly won't today now. But if markets fill the macro S&P 2681 and have a pullback capitulation day then maybe. I'd be (and I am now) long AAPL just in case since the downside is limited.
oldarmy1
AG
S&P new high on the day. Suckers!!!!
oldarmy1
AG
johnson2012 said:

Bump in volume on MNGA in the last 15 minutes
Short interest continues to decrease. Now it won't be a squeeze that sends it upward because its less than a days worth of shorts to cover.

https://www.mmahotstuff.com/2018/11/26/magnegas-corporationcok-nasdaqmnga-short-interest-decreased-by-19-77.html
Guitarsoup
AG
AVEO and MNGA are inching closer to my entry point.

See, BBOX and RRTS! This could have been you!
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

S&P new high on the day. Suckers!!!!
still inching higher on more volume. Hope this continues the rest of the week
First Page Last Page
Page 307 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.