Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,452 Views | 231653 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by ProgN
Glitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OA's seminar just paid for itself many times over! I just went net free on $SCHW 2/19 55c, if you followed.
Topher17
AG
How do you veteran guys handle the punch in the gut of selling things like SAVA way too early?
Sold my 2/19 $15c last Friday after doubling up, only for it to rocket today. I know I can't be upset about doubling my money, but damn that stings.
Touchless
AG
No, but I did sell a Feb $40P for $9.5 though.
ProgN
Nice
Decay
AG
WWR :-)
gigemJTH12
AG
Topher17 said:

How do you veteran guys handle the punch in the gut of selling things like SAVA way too early?
Sold my 2/19 $15c last Friday after doubling up, only for it to rocket today. I know I can't be upset about doubling my money, but damn that stings.
I am not a veteran but there are a lot of plays on this board. you cant play them all. some that you miss will be 5 baggers and some will tank after you chose to not buy.

sometimes you sell and it keeps going and sometimes you sell at the peak.

it happens.
khaos288
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Topher17 said:

I am not a veteran but there are a lot of plays on this board. you cant play them all. some that you miss will be 5 baggers and some will tank after you chose to not buy.

sometimes you sell and it keeps going and sometimes you sell at the peak.

it happens.
I personally just print out WWR numbers and hold them at night.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Why hedge in this market?
trip98
AG
whats the story on KIQ?
oldarmy1
AG
Added to NLS calls. Ebbs and flows on trend with driver market maker.

Bought ZI Feb 19 calls $55 strikes $1.50
LarryL
oldarmy1 said:

Added to NLS calls. Ebbs and flows on trend with driver market maker.

Bought ZI Feb 19 calls $55 strikes $1.50
What's your target on these?
gigemJTH12
AG
is everyone still holding the TAK 2/19's?
deadbq03
AG
Topher17 said:

Easy: I don't look again.

If I'm selling a call for a profit, that stock's not gonna show up on my screener again for a long time. Out of sight - out of mind.

And for stocks that get pumped on here - I tend to explicitly play them different than everyone else for two different reasons: a) I don't want FOMO and b) I think pimping very explicit calls (exact strike price and date) can be self-serving. Have I actually missed out? Probably, but I don't know for sure, so I don't care
Swollen Thumb
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

whats the target here?

BIGC

3mth daily chart, looks like the low volume falling blocks pattern off the recent high-volume pop (even though Thurs and today's candles are long). Would like to add shares on this dip, but waiting for signs of support/reversal. It's below model T from the recent run and the left side of daily chart is messy for a rookie like me, so not sure where it might find some support. Any thoughts?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Bought the $3,500 Amazon calls for $57 expiring 2/5. I hope this thing runs like the wind since I am already down 30% since buying them this morning...
oldarmy1
AG
Bought TIGR Feb 19 $25 calls $1.60
backintexas2013
AG
AAPL making another run at 136
oldarmy1
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

gigemJTH12 said:

whats the target here?

BIGC

3mth daily chart, looks like the low volume falling blocks pattern off the recent high-volume pop (even though Thurs and today's candles are long). Would like to add shares on this dip, but waiting for signs of support/reversal. It's below model T from the recent run and the left side of daily chart is messy for a rookie like me, so not sure where it might find some support. Any thoughts?
I bought shares at $75
sts7049
AG
Topher17 said:

i'm far from a veteran, but my lesson so far is you can't win them all.

i got in early on FUBO, and stand to easily double my money. however the CC i sold is surely to get called out, meaning i stand to probably lose out of a bunch more profit. than i could have if i were a bit smarter in what i was doing. but i still doubled my money...and this is not my day job....so i'm doing the best i can with it.

you can't always expect to squeeze all the water from the sponge
Jet Black
Topher17 said:

It's probably gonna happen more than once. Be happy you made money.
FJ43
trip98 said:

whats the story on KIQ?
It bounced at the 8 day so trend is still intact. Same as it has done day 2 on the previous 4 jumps up. Loses $0.71 I tap out there.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Mr President Elect
AG
Topher17 said:

Not veteran... but make tons of stupid moves, after a while they just all run together.
FJ43
$LVS moving. Calls well ITM now.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

jj9000
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Go back 10 pages.

The sky was falling.
Swollen Thumb
AG
Topher17 said:

I put $10k in MARA at $2 in Sept last year and sold when it first hit $3+ in Oct as began pulling back. Made 50% and was happy to get out at the top. Then in November it hit $6, in December it hit $14, in January it hit $28 and now still over $20.

So my paper hands left $100k-$130k on the table. I'm sure everyone has a similar "fish that got away" story, but that has by far been my biggest nut-punch. Just have to move on to the next one.
gigemJTH12
AG
$BB...

its now below where it was when it was truly gaining because of their business outlook.

This stock getting wrapped up in the meme crap was terrible luck.

how long should we expect it to take before it turns around?
BearkatRunner88
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Anddd....it failed. Ugh!
Guitarsoup
AG
jj9000 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Go back 10 pages.

The sky was falling.

Ten pages? So premarket today
Touchless
AG
You have any more recent thoughts on GOCO? Don't remember seeing anything on that recently but know it's always been a 4th qtr play so should be towards the end of the month I believe. Still hearing great things overall?
Swollen Thumb
AG
Thank you!! Just added.
FJ43
KIQ crossing back over MT intraday.

Edit: held up here at MT.

KT 90
AG
BearkatRunner88 said:

backintexas2013 said:

Anddd....it failed. Ugh!

ag94whoop
AG
NOK on absolute nosedive.
I guess i need to cut my losses and get out while i can
gougler08
AG
ag94whoop said:

Meme stocks getting killed today, they may be done
Boodlum
AG
ag94whoop said:

I was thinking the same although their earnings report is out on Feb 4 so I may just ride it as they are supposedly expecting pretty good reports...
First Page Last Page
Page 3050 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.