Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,336 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by ProgN
Mostly Foggy Recollection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No. This one is a Biden play and I have a 35 target by end of this year.
tremble
AG
Still can't log in to E*TRADE. Hope the IBKR account is approved quickly
Walton2016
AG
Thanks! I'll leave and maybe average down then
McInnis 03
AG
ROKU may have a little something here, I see room to 410-413?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FJ43
Walton2016 said:

In on XL at 20.6.. No action here, is it time to cut the 10% and move to the next one?
I trimmed my position premarket and holding the rest long. For me I am moving more to cash by trimming/eliminating secondary positions. Does not include MA plays.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ttoo seems like it's getting ready for a run. 7/1 seemed goalposty, if you could combine 1/12 and 1/26 they would make a solid one. Seems like some folks thought 1/26 was gonna be "the big one". Regardless it's resilient in spite of macro skittishness
cageybee77
AG
Too late now, but I sure wish I'd heard of NIO much earlier
cptthunder
I cant get a picture to post right now for some reason but does anyone else see a bull flag on IPI on the daily right now?
Looks to be at the bottom of the flag nearing a point to me
It completed a cup from back in October of 2019 and has tested support from that time frame around the $22 range
Bird Poo
AG
Everything in my portfolio is up except AAPL
oldarmy1
AG
My best read on AAPL is that post earnings run up is all but gone. All the selling in the intense Friday action could not bring it all the way back to pre-earnings wave $128. It DID hit the top trend range PRE-breakout earnings run and that has been the support since Friday.

I don't know how much validity the whole GME hedge funds using AAPL to pay their options losses off but as long as we hold above Friday low $130.21 (And note that thus far we have not breached Friday low) AND as long as markets don't fall over the cliff then AAPL will rip upward at some point.

I have a complicated trade on it at this point beyond the call options. I used the open to buy weekly $130 Puts as a protection hedge on market failure. I went ahead and sold Feb 19 $142 covered calls on 100% of shares purchased Friday. So for every 1000 shares average buy $131.46 I get either $10+/share (if call out being above $142) OR I used a little more than half that call premium to buy the weekly $130 Puts, in case markets fail. If anywhere in between $130 to $142 I am willing to guarantee holding above these levels would see AAPL closer to the upward end of those 2.

And of course I kept the $150's and had added a half share at $140. To complicate the trade further, if AAPL climbs above $142 next few days then the premiums on my $140 calls would start slowing down being in the money and I could either sell the shares at whatever price above $142 knowing I had equivalent calls in place to be called out on my covered calls using my $140 calls. Any pullback by AAPL would then let me buy shares again since minimal capital is in the trade. If it keeps running then the $150 calls are my additional profit.

I don't use all of these all the time, but when we have sold off and have nervous markets I pretty much look for openings to wrap up a large trade like a good south Texas enchilada.
Touchless
AG
MARA fighting at $19.65. That was Friday's low. 5 different bars on the minute chart hit it.
jh0400
AG
I know there is already a dedicated thread, but I trust the participants on this one for a second opinion. On GME it looks like you can collect around $10,000 in premium on a short straddle (2/5 expiry, $200P, $300C) with b/e at $100 & $400. As long as brokers are restricting retail access to shares taking the other side of the vol trade seems like a no brainer. Is there something I'm missing?
oldarmy1
AG
SPY pivoted and is obeying the upward trend with Model T waves right now. First one you see off the low pivot flashed below Model T quickly recovering. The second wave retraced to the first model T but quickly recaptured trend, so we have a pattern to see what the macro market is doing now.

APL hitting Model T from the opening slide to bottom up.
FJ43
$CLOV Feb 19 $12.50 puts filling for $.95.

Keep the money or $11.55 entry.

March $12.50 for $2.00

Keep the money or entry at $10.50
ag94whoop
AG
A little shocked at CLOV dropping today but adding to my holdings nevertheless
Guitarsoup
AG
https://discord.gg/uYKkTe3E

Discord for anyone that didn't see it this weekend.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
im still waiting for 2 of my orders to execute.
gougler08
AG
FJ43 said:

$CLOV Feb 19 $12.50 puts filling for $.95.

Keep the money or $11.55 entry.

March $12.50 for $2.00

Keep the money or entry at $10.50
Like it with some cash I have sidelined
McInnis 03
AG
The GME party may run out of steam. S3 has estimated that short interest is now only 39% and most of it was taken at high levels ie: $300+
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Bocephus
AG
Bought more GME at 245 & 250
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Fireman
AG
I think BTC is getting ready to rip higher. I'm adding to my $MARA shares and picked up some $RIOT.

#BTFD
oldarmy1
AG
Entered NLS Feb 19 $30 calls. Broke out and cup would be $28 area which would be close to 100% ROI if occurs this week. Then targeting $2 with $0.50 stop.
Touchless
AG
$GE approaching its 50 ema which is also a strong support range near $10.50.
BayAg_14
Bocephus said:

Bought more GME at 245 & 250
fooz
McInnis 03 said:

The GME party may run out of steam. S3 has estimated that short interest is now only 39% and most of it was taken at high levels ie: $300+

Quote:

the situation (1/31 8 PM ET):
  • short interest:
    27.13m (53.15% of float) by S3 Shortsight (1/29), 29.4m (58.21% of float) by Ortex (1/29)
  • short share public availability:
    0 (Interactive Brokers)
  • short share public borrow rate:
    18.88 (Interactive Brokers)
  • Shorts appear to be exiting their positions. There's a lot of speculation about how this is happening, or whether it is truly happening at all - there are tactics that can be used to "counterfeit" stock or manipulate disclosed short short interest - but the short interest numbers we've been following all along are definitely trending down.

AgEng06
AG
SNDL... is she coming back down? I'm not complaining too much as I have CCs that will get called out, but I'd like to load up on some more shares.
ag94whoop
AG
Amc abs NOK are essentially stopped or dropping as very little institutional money involved and short % dropped dramatically

So once GME dies it may normalize a bit
OE_Ag11
AG
The $ARKK ETF is right at the model T today. looks like it might be forming one of the Arrow channels as well.
Touchless
AG
SNDL stair stepping back up via model T's?
mazag08
AG
I bought CLOV straight up (already have puts at $12.50) at $13.75 and then turned around and sold March $15 calls at $2.35.

I'll take the profit if it hits and ill be happy with the premiums if it doesn't. And if it doesn't and dips, my puts will execute and I'll turn around and sell more calls.
tsuag10
AG
Lots of talk of model T today, so I'll throw in one for consideration:

EGOC daily chart

Thoughts?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

ROKU may have a little something here, I see room to 410-413?
This is going much slower than I'd prefer. May cut bait.

B&I Key:
FJ43
Maybe I lost my mind but selling covered calls on SNDL for Feb 19 $5 between .10-.15 seems like a no brainer. Just did that on 25% of shares.
FJ43
AgEng06 said:

SNDL... is she coming back down? I'm not complaining too much as I have CCs that will get called out, but I'd like to load up on some more shares.
Seems to have a lot of support between .92.96 right now.
Cromagnum
AG
"Get your gains in the gym instead of the market".

First Page Last Page
Page 3029 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.