Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,079,958 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by El_duderino
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boat Shoes said:

What time does AMC start trading on TD Ameritrade? And on Robin Hood? Any chance you could beat the flood of Robinhooders?
Robinhoodies premarket is 8:00, but if you notice on GME today, the massive volume hit at market open. I bet we see a similar effect in AMC.

$20 is what one of the Atlas boys wants...
crazy times!
tsuag10
AG
Boat Shoes said:

What time does AMC start trading on TD Ameritrade? And on Robin Hood? Any chance you could beat the flood of Robinhooders?
7am ET as far as I can tell for TDA and Merrill. I think RH is just 30 minutes early at 9am ET, but I'm not sure on that.
BrokeAssAggie
This thread never sleeps
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Test for forum

UWMC

Buy or pass?

man what an ugly chart, bear flag after bear flag...and to top it off, SPX may be near a top, pull back incoming!
djmeen95
AG
A lot of building sentiment it seems to ensure that folks are hedging their positions in case of correction.

Quick question on what are some preferred (for long positions) way to do this.

Setting stop limits outright or setting trailing stop loss % vs absolute $'s - what do y'all prefer?

I guess the key thing here is a little work to look at charts and see where support levels sit, figure if that's still above where you'd like to keep a little profit if things drop, and target something right below that support level?

Thoughts?
TexasAg2017
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Test for forum

UWMC

Buy or pass?

It looks like it is close to its support from Novemberish? Assuming it doesn't break below that support we could see a move back up?

Edit: Wait wait wait. I those red candles are awful and never stop. Pass.
CPDAggie10
AG
FJ43 said:

Boat Shoes said:

7AM EST on TDA. Not sure on RH.

How do you know this? I thought pre-market trading opened at 4am EST?
Post removed:
by user
cjo03
AG
Ags2013 said:

E said:

third coast.. said:

I'm probably the only person on this thread with no exposure to AMC

Me two

Three

Four... digits of shares sold today.
tsuag10
AG
I think 4 est is futures
tsuag10
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Test for forum

UWMC

Buy or pass?
After some DD, I'm going to say buy. They are bigger than RKT
CPDAggie10
AG
Yeah you are right I'm confusing futures with pre-market. If I got up earlier to trade more pre-market I would know this.
Bird Poo
AG
third coast.. said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

I have shares of UVXY. Good hedge instrument. In March of last year (COVID dump), it shot from 10 to 110.

VIXY is another decent one. SPXU is another for S&P. SQQQ for the 'Daq. DOG for the DOW30.

I am going to pick up some UVXY in the morning. Thanks for beating its drum. What percentage of your portfolio do you recommend keeping in hedges?

Good question!
Baby Billy
AG
I don't think we're seeing a correction soon. Not unless there's significant news. I actually think we see pretty low volatility for the first half of the year. Maybe we inch lower but not with velocity.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
UWMC / GHIV - below the 89, but back to super support at $10 range. Pattern looks like crap, but being frank, this might be back in the accumulation phase now.

Selling Feb $10P for $1 is probably not the worst trade in the world. You could also buy at current prices and sell $10C for $1.5, lowering basis to $8.50 or taking an easy 15%.

FTAG 2000
AG
For what it's worth, I looked at past post presidency markets. February after a party presidency change is almost always a market correction. Like 80% over last ten presidential elections.
TexasAg2017
AG
I saw the consolidation to a previous support and my first conclusion was it could be accumulating and waiting to break out. But the constant selling volume had me second guessing.
EngrAg14
AG
Hit on MSFT today as I'm always bullish on them.

I like FB as well, then only DE and DIS are the two companies I'm likely to play any earnings on.

DIS I am huge on especially with the likely drop later or next week and DIS is really low, if it fills that gap I'll be buying a ton of 180-220 calls through June 2021 to December 2022

I'm also heavily watching ZM after the thread mentioned the beautiful pattern its got going for it, although timing on this is everything since it's options are overvalued to me personally.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I'm sure this will get lost in the GME/AMC noise, but does anyone have any thoughts on $NKE (Nike)?

Seems like a decent time to buy and with the additional stimulus coming could see new highs?
MaroonDynasty
Damn, looked at all the high short float stocks; alot of them were up big today.
cjo03
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I'm sure this will get lost in the GME/AMC noise, but does anyone have any thoughts on $NKE (Nike)?

Seems like a decent time to buy and with the additional stimulus coming could see new highs?

I am perpetual bullish on NKE.. mostly because I worked there for past 7 years.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
cjo03 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Were you the one who sent out the friends/family coupons?
Chef Elko
AG
DS looking to me like a goalpost set up. 12/16 and today had large volumes, 11.2MM and 9.1MM, respectively. Average volume at 2.15MM.

Love what this company is doing and holding long term. Sold covered calls on 1/3 of my position today.
cjo03
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

cjo03 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Were you the one who sent out the friends/family coupons?

Indeed. Until it switched to the app a couple years ago.
Engine10
AG
Knew it'd be worth seeing it. 4AM AMC gang splashed it to $14...back to bed.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Anyone getting filled on AMC premarket?
tam2002
AG
I just woke up to see where it's at...hitting 14 already??? This will def be over 20 at open. Gonna be hard not to sell immediately and take the 400% win
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Chef Elko
AG
What do we need to request from our broker to trade at this hour? I thought I was able but none of my orders are filling with a GTC+Ext designation.
FJ43
CPDAggie10 said:

FJ43 said:

Boat Shoes said:

7AM EST on TDA. Not sure on RH.

How do you know this? I thought pre-market trading opened at 4am EST?
Premarket does open at 4am EST however other than limited instruments, TDA doesn't allow trading before 7am EST. Many brokers have the same time frames from 7am -8pm overall. I experienced not being able to trade before 7am and missed the ability to go net free so that made me dig further into it.

IBKR is one that allows trades from 4am and there may also be others who do as well..
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
$AMC touched $14 premarket at just after 4am EST and currently at $11.35. Get ready for the insanity.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
Danwell Home said:

What do we need to request from our broker to trade at this hour? I thought I was able but none of my orders are filling with a GTC+Ext designation.
If you are referring to 4am EST you have to be with a broker that provides (or allows) that ability.

I mentioned on a previous post IBKR as allowing it however if you are on IBKR Lite it is 7am. IBKR Pro allows beginning at 4am.

First Page Last Page
Page 2920 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.