Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,996,843 Views | 231592 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by spud1910
ag94whoop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man WWR with the trust fall today
Oof

Bad day today for me with WWR, SNAP doing nothing ans SDC falling yet again
cisgenderedAggie

This is supposed to be a good thing, right?
cisgenderedAggie
FML
ClutchCityAg
If my avg on WWR is 5.15 is it worth getting more at just under 6? I am have trouble resisting the urge to buy more haha
Let it ride
leoj
AG
$26 on $PLTR been defended two days in a row.
McKinney Ag69
AG
tam2002
AG
I've done it and will continue to probably
AgEE10
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

If my avg on WWR is 5.15 is it worth getting more at just under 6? I am have trouble resisting the urge to buy more haha
Sell the 7.5P for Feb for 2.50 or 10P for Mar for 5.00
ClutchCityAg
AgEE10 said:

ClutchCityAg said:

So essentially I either pocket the 2.50 premium, or I get called out and purchase 100 shares for a net cost of 5.00 per share?
Let it ride
0708aggie
AG
Everything I own is getting hosed today. Market green, me red.
Mr President Elect
AG
yes
FbgTxAg
AG
0708aggie said:

Everything I own is getting hosed today. Market green, me red.

It's now officially the Biden market.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Mr President Elect
AG
Yeah, I think AMZN and NFLX are carrying the SPY today.
Ags2013
AG
Cool - the second I get into SNDL it drops 4%
Peter Klaven
AG
You could also buy 100 shares and immediately sell the 2/19 $5P for .75 and get the average down to $5 if that makes you feel more comfortable?
LarryL
ClutchCityAg said:

AgEE10 said:

ClutchCityAg said:

So essentially I either pocket the 2.50 premium, or I get called out and purchase 100 shares for a net cost of 5.00 per share?

Yes, I just sold Feb 7.50 calls for 2.55. So if $WWR is under 7.50 at expiration, and I get assigned the shares, my net cost for those is 4.95. If above 7.50 I keep the premiums. Earnings on Feb 2nd that I think will push the stock price well over 7.50 before expiration.
Ags2013
AG
Was really hoping WWR would hold tight. This is depressing.
ag94whoop
AG
Ags2013 said:

Was really hoping WWR would hold tight. This is depressing.

I think it will bounce again but damn this day sucks

SDC on free fall, so is WWR and SNAP not doing much

Those are my there heavy holds
ClutchCityAg
Wow I love this move, seems like a win-win
Let it ride
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Depressing? This is a longer term hold.

I like red, it means, buy more.

The story is there. The plan is there.
E
AG
So much red for me today after opening up green bigly
Mr President Elect
AG
So I take it I am the only one happy about todays WWR drop? I'm not done accumulating and was pretty bummed about it closing at $5 instead of $4.99 on friday and not getting assigned any shares. Added a bunch of cc's yesterday so the run-up wouldn't be a complete loss if it did fall back. Going to start selling some more puts soon.
YNWA_AG
AG
More like my 7.5 2/19 covered calls aren't in imminent danger
McKinney Ag69
AG
FbgTxAg
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Depressing? This is a longer term hold.

I like red, it means, buy more.

The story is there. The plan is there.

THIS. I'm picking up more every .25 drop.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
M.C. Swag
AG
E said:

So much red for me today after opening up green bigly
lol that's incredible considering the entire US market is up 1%
ag94whoop
AG
Definitely looking at adding wwr today if the slide continues

I don't trust myself buying where it's at now but if it gets back to $5 look out
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Tdoc doing work
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Question:

Admittedly I'm relatively new to the stocks game. But I see a lot of folks post about going net free on certain stocks.

By selling your initial investment, sure, you are basically eliminating risk, but you're also severely limiting your potential for growth. Why do this? Are you guys doing this just with particularly risky stocks? Going for the quick gain rather than long-term investment?
GtownRAB
AG
Mr President Elect said:

So I take it I am the only one happy about todays WWR drop? I'm not done accumulating and was pretty bummed about it closing at $5 instead of $4.99 on friday and not getting assigned any shares. Added a bunch of cc's yesterday so the run-up wouldn't be a complete loss if it did fall back. Going to start selling some more puts soon.
I am too - my wife had a hard time understanding why I was upset a stock we held went up so much.
wmitchell
AG
Peter Klaven said:

You could also buy 100 shares and immediately sell the 2/19 $5P for .75 and get the average down to $5 if that makes you feel more comfortable?
Ok this is where I get confused. What does buying the shares help in this situation? You buy the shares then sell the puts, but then you are obligated to buy 100 shares again if under $5 (which in theory i guess you would hope for)

I would think the buying of the shares is meaningless (unless you are just applying the premium to your cost basis)
Keeping 50% cash at all times is important, to me.

Sure, you can go balls deep into a few plays and ride them, but you miss out on a lot of other growth. Then there's the whole, "this market is a bubble".... we are going to get a correction, and a large one. I'd rather have cash there to buy on the correction.
CRM squeeze? It's busting north of 224.
GtownRAB
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Question:

Admittedly I'm relatively new to the stocks game. But I see a lot of folks post about going net free on certain stocks.

By selling your initial investment, sure, you are basically eliminating risk, but you're also severely limiting your potential for growth. Why do this? Are you guys doing this just with particularly risky stocks? Going for the quick gain rather than long-term investment?
Mainly risky stocks - that way you are playing with house money.

In my opinion, I think it helps overall though. It makes you be more strategic and utilize different ways to make money on stocks instead of just buying and holding/selling.

For example, I made quite a bit (for me) selling puts on WWR while the stock itself stayed relatively flat the last month.
Proposition Joe
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Question:

Yes, it limits potential for growth.

It's a mental strategy to make you less emotionally concerned about the stock, but as far as strategy goes it doesn't really hurt or benefit you.
First Page Last Page
Page 2836 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.