Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,271,505 Views | 225241 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by Charismatic Megafauna
UpstateAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you think next week or the Tin3 data will cause the bigger spike in the next month? AVEO looks ready to go
IrishTxAggie
AG
Tin3 data will cause a larger spike. It's what this company is built on. They need this data for the FDA.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Who was it that posted about the leaps on LRCX? I'm holding some 10/26 $152.5 calls right now and debating on whether or not to dump them before the earnings report today. They have beaten earnings the past 4x and I have a gut feeling that they will do it again and that the call will give decent guidance. The CEO has been pretty good about softening blows and we're already within spitting distance of the 52wk low. Thoughts?
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Who was it that posted about the leaps on LRCX? I'm holding some 10/26 $152.5 calls right now and debating on whether or not to dump them before the earnings report today. They have beaten earnings the past 4x and I have a gut feeling that they will do it again and that the call will give decent guidance. The CEO has been pretty good about softening blows and we're already within spitting distance of the 52wk low. Thoughts?
That was me. I believe they will beat and they've been beat down so bad I see minimal risk.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Gracias
Guitarsoup
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Uber IPO valuation put at $120 BILLION

Quote:

Uber may put forth an initial public offering early next year that values the ride-hailing business at as much as $120 billion, according to a media report.

The Wall Street Journal said Tuesday that Uber Technologies Inc. received valuation proposals from Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley. There is no guarantee Uber will fetch that valuation, or go public soon.

If it does, and at that price, the company would be worth more than Ford Motor Co., General Motors Co. and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles combined.
Pretty strong banks to put forth that valuation. Personally, won't be partaking in Uber investing. I've actually stopped using them (with the exception of the credit I get every month with my CC) and use Lyft now. I think they've still got a lot of headaches in front of them.
Once self-driving cars become the norm, I don't know if Uber will stay on top. There is going to be a ton of competition and I think companies like Enterprise will be in better shape to take advantage of it from a logistics standpoint because they have the facilities and know-how to take care of the vehicles. Adding ride-hailing shouldn't be terribly difficult.
Ragoo
AG
Technical traders, are we seeing a H&S form on ROKU? Left shoulder being the 8/27 $64.10 and right shoulder being yesterday's high? Lower low and lower high? Feels like it is headed down.
ProgN
Ragoo said:

Technical traders, are we seeing a H&S form on ROKU? Left shoulder being the 8/27 $64.10 and right shoulder being yesterday's high? Lower low and lower high? Feels like it is headed down.
The stochastic looks good and the MACD is rounding at the bottom. I believe NFLX reports earnings after the close. Their earnings report will have a profound effect on ROKU's movement up or down.
Ragoo
AG
Agree. I am still long but if there was an opportunity to exit as a swing trade I want to take it.
oldarmy1
AG
Someone just bought over 3k weekly BAC $29 calls at 6 cents.
IrishTxAggie
AG
"Someone"?
oldarmy1
AG
Less than 4 days to expiration and BAC has pressure keeping it behind the S&P trend. That's not my kinda trade.

Will take an explosive move to make it move past a dime.
oldarmy1
AG
S&P has a short squeeze pattern today. Now if the big boys get tired of the BAC shorts and get a squeeze going $29 would be eclipsed quickly. But thats a big gamble.
TPeezy
Do you guys have a recommendation for a solid, low cost index fund? Looking to park some cash for a while.
ProgN
Volume buys on up moves in SQ going on today.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Picked up a dozen of the BAC weekly $29 at 5 cents. I'll ride the wave if someone knows something I don't. Only $60.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Volume buys on up moves in SQ going on today.

It already closed the gap, so this seems to just be a bull run
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

Need twtr over 29. Hoping for a run up into earnings next week.
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

Ragoo said:

yep, fighting against 29.52 high from 10/9.
gougler08
AG
What are the thoughts on NFLX earnings this afternoon?
TheBiggerEvent
AG
I'm in the same boat - would love to see the reccomendations
gougler08
AG
SQ still running with volume
ProgN
gougler08 said:

SQ still running with volume
it's doing great
UpstateAg
AG
NIO picking up. Want it to chill a bit until after Friday.
BradC34
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Up to 10 cents right now
oldarmy1
AG
AggieBowhunter10 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Up to 10 cents right now

If that person had bought 1600 $28.50 calls at 14 cents they are at 30 cents.

Thats the ones I went in because if/when they get in the money the rise more than doubles and lets me sell now 230 of my 500 calls to be net free.

Love having net free in options as quickly as possible due to time value.
oldarmy1
AG
That said if he gets a BAC end of day push he'll be able to do the same at 12 cents. He'll need $28.75 area to get there.
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

Ragoo said:

through the 29.52 and now fighting the 29.90 high on 9/20. If it breaks through we might see 30.50.
oldarmy1
AG
2pm profit taking literally like clockwork. Now see if this gets absorbed and pushes back upward. Would be strong sign because most short aided move is baked in.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
BBOX
IrishTxAggie
AG
My DBX 11/9 $23 calls are nearing double for me. Looking forward to riding some net free options into earnings. Though I am half tempted to hold onto all of them...
ProgN
AMD looking good
ProgN
There goes SQ
BradC34
AG
SHLD giving me an opportunity to buy some discounted puts
gougler08
AG
NFLX coming in strong to the close prior to earnings...
First Page Last Page
Page 255 of 6436

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.