Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,004 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 52 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jet Black said:

Got in kndi $12.77 today and got out at $14.00. It kept going.
Just a trade for me but I got in at $12.60 and planned to exit before the end of the day. I still have it so moved my stops up to stay green on it in case of a dump. I will more than likely keep moving the goal posts and sell at the first sign of weakness to recover my capital and pull an OA and let the rest ride net free. Even if 20% of the shares so be it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Prognightmare said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

TMOOSE said:

Thank you for your wisdom FJ.

Appreciate it!

FJ said it well . I'm new to calls myself. Have done a few only. But every single call I've done has at one point or another been at least +20% and I've had a couple that got to +100%. One thing I'd add is when you see a call give you a pretty aggressive return give serious thought to taking it and walking away (rather than letting it continue). Those calls I just mentioned, a couple of them went into the red soon after they were so far into the green. That's my personal lesson learned and I'll follow my own advice from here on out on that.
Best lessons you can learn are take a profit, cut a loss and don't dwell on where it goes. JMO

ETA: If it's a trade that is.
Have to admit I peeked at JPM when it skyrocketed above that $104 call and I had already sold for solid gains. Grumbled to my better half for days on that one. Now that you reminded me I am mad again.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

TMOOSE
Would imagine desktop only - too much going on.
Let it Ride
spud1910
AG
Prognightmare said:

Jet Black said:

Never complain about a profit and don't dwell on it. If you hit 99 singles out of a hundred you'll be celebrating your ass off. If we all knew exactly where a stock is going to go, we wouldn't be on TexAgs. Profit always wins.

Pour a drink
One of the hardest things I have had to learn. True words of wisdom!
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/19/coronavirus-who-tells-doctors-dont-use-gileads-remdesivir-splitting-with-fda.html
FJ43
Know some of you follow him.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
In TOS, I primarily use a multi time frame flex grid with daily on the left and 30 mins on the right. I plot the 21 period mean and ATR bands. I have volume, I have squeeze, and I have RSI. I normally start with daily/weekly for context before drilling in.

For fundamental /long term research, that's a whole other ball of wax. I read 10Ks, listen to investor calls, study competitors, read analyst reports, and pore over the balance sheet before going all in. I've invested a ton of time in OSTK and CWH.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
you all tracking FSLR?
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

In TOS, I primarily use a multi time frame flex grid with daily on the left and 30 mins on the right. I plot the 21 period mean and ATR bands. I have volume, I have squeeze, and I have RSI. I normally start with daily/weekly for context before drilling in.

For fundamental /long term research, that's a whole other ball of wax. I read 10Ks, listen to investor calls, study competitors, read analyst reports, and pore over the balance sheet before going all in. I've invested a ton of time in OSTK and CWH.
I use TOS as well and also the flex grid. I set the flex grid up in 4 quadrants with daily, weekly, monthly and then a longer period linked to the same stock for one overall view in various time periods. When I want to drill into one and play with it I use the main chart tab full screen. Lots of fun in TOS just setting them up and playing with the different study options and tools they have available.

I have OSTK long in my tax deferred account. You like it long as well?

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I have accumulated a lot of shares at this point. My net basis is around $70, which sucks, but I partially monetize with covered calls.
tlepoC
AG
This may not be the thread for it but, as others have mentioned, it would be great to share some of our TOS workspaces/setups that work well. I know I spent a massive amount of time (and continue to do so) tinkering around. Would be good for other newbies to have a starting point.

There are a few collections out that that I wasted a lot of time sifting through.

cottonpicker
AG
tlepoC said:

This may not be the thread for it but, as others have mentioned, it would be great to share some of our TOS workspaces/setups that work well. I know I spent a massive amount of time (and continue to do so) tinkering around. Would be good for other newbies to have a starting point.

There are a few collections out that that I wasted a lot of time sifting through.

I would love to see some people's setups. I just started tos and I feel like I can't see the forest for the trees.
Rice and Fries
I love FSR, mainly cause I bought some a few weeks ago just under $11. I'm not married to it. It's gone up as a border EV market play.

I really think it's gonna be a blood bath cause these other non Tesla's Stil have to be building out the manufacturing. I think GM, BMW/VW, TSLA, etc will be the big uns. FSR is the only one who is outsourcing that. It's risky but it's a also not the CEOs first failed EV venture. So I like that too.

And no cars till 2022.
Jet Black
Rice and Fries said:

I love FSR, mainly cause I bought some a few weeks ago just under $11. I'm not married to it. It's gone up as a border EV market play.

I really think it's gonna be a blood bath cause these other non Tesla's Stil have to be building out the manufacturing. I think GM, BMW/VW, TSLA, etc will be the big uns. FSR is the only one who is outsourcing that. It's risky but it's a also not the CEOs first failed EV venture. So I like that too.

And no cars till 2022.

That Ocean is a damn nice looking vehicle.
Rice and Fries
Biden said today that he will announce his treasury pick either before or right after turkey day.

I wonder if we churn till then and then flush if Warren is announced. She's gonna do her damnedest to get Bull blood on her hands.
Agswinning
Jet Black said:

Rice and Fries said:

And no cars till 2022.

That Ocean is a damn nice looking vehicle.

Fisker made a beautiful car the last time they tried as well, but they had too many battery problems.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Back patting time - I am officially net free in my trading account for this year. I've paid myself a few grand more than I started off with in January. Thanks for all of the help. Now we just have to do it again.
javellar10
AG
Sold those rascals for $11. It. Was. Glorious. Wish i had more capital to take bigger positions. Maybe someday.
Brewmaster
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Biden said today that he will announce his treasury pick either before or right after turkey day
I decided today I'd make Prog secretary of defense
Irish head of foreign affairs (bourbon makes a fine peace offering)
OA definitely treasury!
Trade Rep - Ranger, emphasis on Trade!
Sec. of Ag - Farmer Johnsongrass TX (used to post here, don't see him on this thread anymore unfortunately)
Attorney General - McInnis - he owns a green hammer c'mon!
Director of the Office of Mgmt and Budget - 30k Millionair - see user name and his trades, duh!
gig em 02
BREwmaster said:

Rice and Fries said:

Biden said today that he will announce his treasury pick either before or right after turkey day
I decided today I'd make Prog secretary of defense
Irish head of foreign affairs (bourbon makes a fine peace offering)
OA definitely treasury!
Trade Rep - Ranger, emphasis on Trade!
Sec. of Ag - Farmer Johnsongrass TX (used to post here, don't see him on this thread anymore unfortunately)
Attorney General - McInnis - he owns a green hammer c'mon!
Director of the Office of Mgmt and Budget - 30k Millionair - see user name and his trades, duh!

I'd gut the executive branch, abolish all these unconstitutional departments, and send the market to the moon.
Touchless
AG
Prognightmare said:

Jet Black said:

Never complain about a profit and don't dwell on it. If you hit 99 singles out of a hundred you'll be celebrating your ass off. If we all knew exactly where a stock is going to go, we wouldn't be on TexAgs. Profit always wins.

Pour a drink
How can you go and say something like that on here? Are you trying to tell OA to stop posting on here?!?!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Back patting time - I am officially net free in my trading account for this year. I've paid myself a few grand more than I started off with in January. Thanks for all of the help. Now we just have to do it again.
Well done sir!!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I like AMD for a push to 95+, preferably closing over 86 tomorrow. Still like FDX for push over 290.
badharambe
AG
$MKGI is a 7million share float, 35million market cap AirBNB look-a-like that could be a good trader for the hype machine as ABNB IPOs.
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

Congrats and great job! I love hearing the success stories of the group and the motivation it provides. Net free sure takes a lot of the pressure off.

FJ43
cottonpicker said:

tlepoC said:

I would love to see some people's setups. I just started tos and I feel like I can't see the forest for the trees.
I totally get that with all the options and possibilities with TOS. Especially if you were just using the basic TDA dashboard. The only thing I have found that makes it clear is just seat time in front of it when the market is closed and play with it. Like many things personal preference. Here is my high level setup.

Recently changed the left hand position column with following order:

Watchlist 1 - Current Account Positions - Automatically populates with my positions - Linked to charts
  • Symbol
  • Days (to expiration)
  • Position Qty
  • Average Price
  • Last
  • Bid
  • Ask
  • % Change
  • P/L%
  • Net Liquidity

Watchlist 2 - Below Positions - I add the underlying symbol to this area for any options I hold as well as watch targets - Linked to charts
  • Symbol
  • Days (to expiration)
  • Close
  • Last
  • Bid
  • Ask
  • % Change
  • B/A Size
  • Last Size
  • Volume

Watchlist 3 - Primary Indexes
  • Symbol
  • Last
  • Net Change
  • Bid
  • Ask
  • % Change
  • Volume

Charts - I use the Flex Grid primarily up all the time then use the single chart tab (both linked to watch lists) for digging in or making trades. Filled Candle , night setting, no grids, pinned drawing tools, with volume below chart not within, 8/21/55/200 EMA.
Flex Grid setup:
  • 4 charts - 1 Daily (switch between 1, 10 and 30 min): 1 10 Day (Hourly): 30 Day (Hourly and daily used): 6 Month (switch between 3, 6 12, 24 months at times daily view) - All 4 linked to watch lists but will unlink at times to watch 4 stocks at a time.
Main Chart Tab
  • I use all the above and more at times in terms of drilling into a single position
  • 60 Day advance look ahead
  • Probability of Expiration Cone
  • Volume below candle chart
  • TTM Squeeze
  • RSI
  • EMAs

On all charts for a position I have trend lines, channels, notes, etc. I update daily. I am sure I left something out but that is my main setup/view I see each day.....as of this minute anyway subject to modification.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG

I like AMD for a push to 95+, preferably closing over 86 tomorrow.

Littleboysayingprayerswithhisdog.gif
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You can't make mcinnis senate majority and minority leader?
59 South
AG
NRD09 said:

I like AMD for a push to 95+, preferably closing over 86 tomorrow.

Littleboysayingprayerswithhisdog.gif
95 is just gonna be the start if it really goes. Lots of variables but I think a breakout means 110 +/- 10 by Christmas. If you go back and look at similar breakouts over the past few years, there's usually a 40-50% run from mid channel. Mid channel here is about 80.
gig em 02
Am I going to regret selling $15 covered calls on MGNI?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Biden said today that he will announce his treasury pick either before or right after turkey day.

I wonder if we churn till then and then flush if Warren is announced. She's gonna do her damnedest to get Bull blood on her hands.

Worth a couple vxx lottos!
cisgenderedAggie
gig em 02 said:

Am I going to regret selling $15 covered calls on MGNI?

No ***** I rolled Dec$10 into Jun$17.5 yesterday. Dafuq.
gig em 02
Also TSLA trying to push for green, if we can get that announcement about zoom and ttd going into the S&P it's gonna be a good morning
FJ43
Not political ( well it really is) but how I feel selling too early.

BrokeAssAggie
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/11/20/covid-19-vaccine-pfizer-will-apply-for-fda-emergency-use-authorization.html
First Page Last Page
Page 2475 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.