Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,402 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RSP715 said:

I know you guys are traders, but I've got a significant amount of cash I want to put to work in low debt/high quality names late this year/early next. With a corona spike and contested election that could slip into 21, don't you think we see another dip? Maybe not as big as march, but the market doesn't like uncertainty, and I see it a mile away. Right now my strategy is to wait until after the election and just start buying small chunks on down days and average in over the six months- year I would say. This is very long term money for me. Recommendations or thoughts?
I'd layer into the market instead of buying all at once. I'd also not commit more than 25% of the cash prior to a volatile election in 30days, why take on that kind of risk?

If a President isn't named before January, which seems very likely, market hates uncertainty and we will probably have significant swings.
FarmersFightAg
AG
DDSO said:

PINS has had trouble staying over that 41.20 mark the last few days. Hopefully it finally breaks through.
Cup and Handle playing out here. Hoping for rocketship with these calls.
BayAg_14
McInnis 03 said:

You know what I'm most impressed with? It appears that overnight we didn't lose a single B&I poster to F16 after the debate. This is bullish IMO.
Aggie football got me.
oldarmy1
AG
Need continuation on markets above $336 SPY and all your call dreams will come true.
tsuag10
AG
Airlines, cruise, and gaming all up good this morning.

Vaccine news?
cottonpicker
AG
Wdc get some bad news or just a correction?
TecRecAg
AG
tsuag10 said:

Airlines, cruise, and gaming all up good this morning.

Vaccine news?
everyone trying to get out of america for a while after watching that debate last night
gougler08
AG
Was a day early on the NIO covered calls
Hendrix
AG
Thanks. I'm not doing a damn thing between now and the election. I have a few core holding like AMZN, et al., but no investing until I see this play out. I see yuge volatility on the way. And what ever I do I will do slowly in 3-4% chunks until I get to 100%
Fireman
AG
Prognightmare said:

RSP715 said:

I know you guys are traders, but I've got a significant amount of cash I want to put to work in low debt/high quality names late this year/early next. With a corona spike and contested election that could slip into 21, don't you think we see another dip? Maybe not as big as march, but the market doesn't like uncertainty, and I see it a mile away. Right now my strategy is to wait until after the election and just start buying small chunks on down days and average in over the six months- year I would say. This is very long term money for me. Recommendations or thoughts?
I'd layer into the market instead of buying all at once. I'd also not commit more than 25% of the cash prior to a volatile election in 30days, why take on that kind of risk?

If a President isn't named before January, which seems very likely, market hates uncertainty and we will probably have significant swings.
Agree with prior comments and I'll add, you likely want a diversified portfolio when you are done making your selections. Tech names you are waiting on right now, as TecRec indicated there is very little upside and significant downside. If you want a Chevron, Delta Airlines or $WYNN in your portfolio, you're not going to have a better opportunity then right now.

You mention that you are in it for the long-term, and it's hard to imagine that DAL doesn't test $50/share in the next 3 or 4 years, and that Chevron doesn't test $90+ in the next 2 to 3 years. Pretty good returns from current levels. A major Biden gaffe, or a vaccine announcement and you'd be buying CVX, DAL or WYNN at $8.00 to $10.00 more per share than current levels.

Lastly, everyday is a good day to buy $NVDA, and we mentioned $485 as an entry point a week or so ago, but take this with a grain of salt as I'm a NVDA permabull.
McInnis 03
AG
Have a day SPY. Have a day.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
ClutchCityAg
oldarmy1 said:

Need continuation on markets above $336 SPY and all your call dreams will come true.

How long will you wait to see if we can break 336?
Let it ride
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
FarmersFightAg said:

DDSO said:

PINS has had trouble staying over that 41.20 mark the last few days. Hopefully it finally breaks through.
Cup and Handle playing out here. Hoping for rocketship with these calls.
Just grabbed some 43/44 verticals for this week for .17
ProgN
RSP715 said:

Thanks. I'm not doing a damn thing between now and the election. I have a few core holding like AMZN, et al., but no investing until I see this play out. I see yuge volatility on the way. And what ever I do I will do slowly in 3-4% chunks until I get to 100%
McInnis 03
AG
SPY 336 test again....let's go, bust this in a big way kids.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
TecRecAg
AG
INMD! Calls almost back to green.

McInnis 03
AG
I don't think OSTK could consolidate anymore than it already has, this thing needs to break, we're about to finish up an inside 30m, could test the high of the previous bar (74.90) or the low (72.51)

B&I Key:
ClutchCityAg
Let it ride
Hendrix
AG
one other thing. I think half the money will be in low fee etfs. I like QUAL and QQQ, the rest will be in 10-12 individual stocks I like long term. I'm staying away from oil and airlines for now. I have a high risk tolerance, but I think there are better places to be long term. Any other favorite ETFs I should consider?
Fireman
MasonRamsay
OSTK is squeezing on 15m, 1hr, 4hr and day with a golden cross possibility on the daily... I like this play
topher06
Sold 11/20 calls against all of my NET shares at $50 for $1.50. If it hits $50 by that time, I'll consider it a massive win considering I didn't know what NET was before I found out who OA1 was.
BrokeAssAggie
PINS rocket
oldarmy1
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

PINS rocket
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

PINS rocket
About to break $42
McInnis 03
AG
And there it is! We shall go up!

B&I Key:
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

PINS rocket

See these as we get to $44 or do you think we keep em running. I know the target is 100%, just curious if we go net free and keep a few to see if she's got some more.
oldarmy1
AG
Rice and Fries said:

oldarmy1 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

PINS rocket

See these as we get to $44 or do you think we keep em running. I know the target is 100%, just curious if we go net free and keep a few to see if she's got some more.
If anything I'd sell them all on the double and buy $46's on the cheap with 10% of profits in case we have a huge runner.
WoMD
txaggie_08 said:

QD - what's everyone thinking of this? I don't know whether to load up or let it continue going for a while. I'm coat averaged at $1.76, so a ways off from becoming profitable again at this point. This thing just keeps sinking.
oldarmy1
AG
INMD hasn't broken out yet so the premium will explode even higher once it does.
Andy07
AG
Buying some 10/16 100C in PTON,

thinking it shakes this psychological level of 100 and continues onward and upward.
TecRecAg
AG
Bought AAPL lotto.. 10/16 127.5C
Engine10
AG
Why not a little further back to be sure grab the 5G event?
khaos288
AG
Well, my fun account is just barely green, but the 401k is looking like a st paddys day parade.
TecRecAg
AG
Event is 3 days before exp. and details are being leaked already. 5g is going to be baked in to well before the event.
First Page Last Page
Page 2246 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.