Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,018,678 Views | 224191 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by ProgN
Post removed:
by user
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Uglier.

It broke
SlackerAg
AG
If there's a probable flash crash tomorrow (like August 2015), my model's circuit-breaker will skip Friday & buy Monday bargains after strong resistance established. Hoping for some short squeezes too.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
I transferred my entire 401k to a stable value fund today around 10:00 am. Even though old army didn't say exactly when a pullback was going to happen, I figured it was a good time to do so with the upcoming vote. Besides, my account lost 0.59% over the last month and everyone's been saying it was inevitable. I'm not a trader, but I do try to take advantage of these situations.

Good job, Kayak! If my standing trade has been to short anytime we crest 18k then most certainly that translates to using it in shifting out of all 401k holdings.
oldarmy1
AG
-650 Going to bed with a premarket alarm set for all the fun.

Goodnight!
El Chupacabra
quote:
Well, that UVXY short worked out pretty well...

Hope you covered or bought insurance.
aggieaviator
AG
I pulled everything out of my 401k into bonds two weeks ago. Happy I did.
El Chupacabra
quote:
I pulled everything out of my 401k into bonds two weeks ago. Happy I did.

I'm well over 50% bonds/cash in all of my accounts.

More than anything I'm mad I chickened out on the volatility trade.
Gator2_01
AG
So in my "play" account (what I used to bet on sports) I was running iron condors on AMZN and SPY that expire tomorrow. I need SPY to close above 204 and AMZN to close above 792.5.

T&Ps?
pfo
AG
I follow this thread. Trading like y'all do is too sexy for me but I do love technical analysis. I went long the gold and silver miners when oldarmy1 said we reached the top. It's just a different (old fashion) way to play the game. But I won't be selling. Governments just keep devaluing their paper money in a race to zero. Nobody is fixing the real problem and that is gigantic government taxing its "subjects" into oblivion.

Thanks so much oldarmy1 for your insight and analysis.
Andy07
AG
Banking took a beating and I expect will continue to:
Premarket movement: BCS -25%, RBS -24%, LYG -27%, HSBC -10%, DB -16%, UBS -10%, C -7.5%, BAC -7%, JPM -6%, WFC -5%, GS -5%, MS -5%.
La Bamba
AG
So is today the fire sale, or should we wait till Monday to go stock shopping? Y'all think this is going to dip some more today?
GarlandAg2012
AG
I did not pull out and it's probably too late to do so. I'll be ok because I still have ~33 years till retirement, right?
Post removed:
by user
Comanche_Ag
AG
Tom Hagen
AG
This fall is just the globalists who manipulate markets throwing a tantrum. I wouldn't go into panic sell mode.
Southside AG
AG
So no long positions yet?
claym711
AG
In cash through the vote for this exact reason. The next 2 weeks are going to be fun.
canadianAg
AG
How long do you think we let this play out? I moved everything out of my 401k just last week when I had a feeling the market topped out again and was going to continue this range bound trend.
claym711
AG
2020-2040 is the key area to watch on SPX. This was a great binary event that will cause the market to test lows. Notice the PM resigned, buying them at least 3 months. So, the uncertainty continues.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
This fall is just the globalists who manipulate markets throwing a tantrum. I wouldn't go into panic sell mode.
No doubt the initial move is an emotional driven impact and until key support levels fail with follow through there is no absolutes. Premarket covering was the right move coming on the heels of the 18k entry. In essence its the same strategy that's been in play; only difference is we got a huge payday in a single day versus the typical sideways ebbs and flows.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
2020-2040 is the key area to watch on SPX. This was a great binary event that will cause the market to test lows. Notice the PM resigned, buying them at least 3 months. So, the uncertainty continues.
Agree on 2020 mark. Also, the world is now on watch for #WHOSNEXT to exit.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Start incrementally buying back in on Monday AM?
oldarmy1
AG
-605 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Heres the thing. If you are thinking Monday can be a rebound kind of day then you would be buying late today as the markets crush to new lows. Markets don't let you buy in very often same day. In other words, if Monday is going to be a green day it will start pre-market green and force you to chase it.

And I say that having no idea which way it goes. If someone wants to look for a Monday trade then the smartest thing to do is buy some calls as we hit -700. We are at -635 now
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
quote:
Heres the thing. If you are thinking Monday can be a rebound kind of day then you would be buying late today as the markets crush to new lows. Markets don't let you buy in very often same day. In other words, if Monday is going to be a green day it will start pre-market green and force you to chase it.

And I say that having no idea which way it goes. If someone wants to look for a Monday trade then the smartest thing to do is buy some calls as we hit -700. We are at -635 now
Thanks for the info. I am looking more from a long term perspective; buying into funds in a brokerage account.
oldarmy1
AG
Oh, well that's easy. STAY OUT

DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
Oh, well that's easy. STAY OUT

Yes sir.

Any signals to look for as a sign to start buying back in?
oldarmy1
AG
Yessir.....when I post "NOW!!!"

We're not too far from all-time highs. This is not a buy low/sell high moment on a market timeline.

DonaldFDraper
AG
Fair enough. I'll sit back and wait.
oldarmy1
AG
If you want what I would consider to be my best trade right now it would be a July 1st SPY 205 strike price Call at $2.

That's for swing traders Donald. Just to avoid any confusion.
Post removed:
by user
Dan Scott
AG
Just finished my review and was pretty surprised to find that nothing is really cheap or breakdown mode.

The S&P is still about 20pts above the 200MA. The market has been range bound for over 3 months now bouncing from 2020-2120. There isnt enough of a discount for me to rush back in the market just yet.

The oil stocks still near their recent highs and if you think the dollar is getting stronger, then oil going down, oil stocks coming down so makes no sense to buy them now.

I own a lot of VZ. It only dropped a quarter Friday after hitting 52 week high. I'm not adding more of that here.

JPM I own a lot of as well but that's still way above the February low when Jaime Dimon bought a ton of shares. I'm not buying more at this level.

WYNN still super high too.

I'm not doing anything. Riding it out with what I already own and waiting for better opportunity going forward.
Dan Scott
AG
early Futures indicate more pain tomorrow
oldarmy1
AG
Spain with over 1000 pts and 12% down.....ouchers
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.