Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,105,482 Views | 224607 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
WestTexAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OA,

What are your thoughts on NEWR? Chart has hit a plateau and is bouncing between $96 and $110 since July.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I just did this on 100 options. Entering BAC at $30.66

And as I type BAC jumped to $30.73. Only need 4 cent move to negate Put so trade already +

Now let me finish how I trade on getting a desired move quick up. I sold 50% at $30.86 just now.

So 10k shares bought at $30.66 sold 5k at $30 86 = $1000. 100 Puts cost $400. Now I own 5k shares at zero risk today.

I love weekly options!
oldarmy1
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

OA,

What are your thoughts on NEWR? Chart has hit a plateau and is bouncing between $96 and $110 since July.

Those bounce ranges are narrowing so its going to break hard one direction in Sept.

You have a head and shoulders with following range top lower high followed by a higher low.

Current range has a lower high so watch to see if a higher low. Again its narrowing wedge so go with the break because it will be $15 + move above or below.
UpstateAg
AG
Any insight to the ups and downs of PNC? I'm trying to compare it to other banking/lending/mortgage companies, and it just seems way more volatile.
I still think next week brings the biggest gains, so I'm averaging down 9/21 150C.
oldarmy1
AG
It has volitialty for sure. I think it plays to our favor next week.

gougler08
AG
Is NFLX trying to form a flag?
gougler08
AG
Today has been a big meh from my portfolio
pacecar02
I bought some cron today, thats about it

waiting to buy some puts
no sig
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I just did this on 100 options. Entering BAC at $30.66

And as I type BAC jumped to $30.73. Only need 4 cent move to negate Put so trade already +

Now let me finish how I trade on getting a desired move quick up. I sold 50% at $30.86 just now.

So 10k shares bought at $30.66 sold 5k at $30 86 = $1000. 100 Puts cost $400. Now I own 5k shares at zero risk today.

I love weekly options!

Anyone follow this trade strategy.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Today has been a big meh from my portfolio
The traders usually don't even go in today. They take an extended holiday weekend.
Ranger222
AG
Wiggletrace said:

Is anyone in on TNDM?

I bought in a few days ago after researching insulin pumps (I am type 1diabetic) and they have the best pump and it's not close. My doc also told me a few visits ago that they are likely integrating a smart phone app with other CGMs which would be big. I currently use a Libre system.

I am up 14% in just a few days and interested in others thoughts that this may be a momentum push with this one...?

Yes, had some shares ~18 and sold at 25 when the chart broke some trendlines. Have waited for a pullback to get back in, but I'm still waiting.

Also look at STAA which has made a run similar to TNDM. Both medtech names could rise for a long time.
oldarmy1
AG
Whats your entry target Ranger?
oldarmy1
AG
CDMO continues its trend higherm. 3rd long candle day after moving off $4. Now $7.27
oldarmy1
AG
5th day of hanging man on NFLX. I went short this time but am taking the $3.18/share profit and counting on my Puts for a large pullback.
gougler08
AG
INVE bounces off that lower trend line...still hanging in that very defined flag pattern, just need it to break up now
oldarmy1
AG
DOW eyeing that 25826 gap before we do anything upward IMO. And you know by now how gaps fill I trust. On momentum to scare people so be ready for overextending beyond the gap and wait for the intraday v bottom rush.

S&P gap would be back at 2874. 20 or so S&P points would take on average shares from $100 down to $96, so don't pull any triggers until you see the volume crush.
oldarmy1
AG
NFLX down $1.58. Come to me my pretty!
oldarmy1
AG
CYBR trying to breakout on a Friday. Impressive
ProgN
Where do you see MU going?
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Where do you see MU going?

It hit big resistance above $53. Yesterday hanging man followed by a lower high today after 2nd attempt to push $53. Yesterdays technical could be played out today with a higher low set.

I'd say MU is going to move higher but a stop at $51 prudent.
ProgN
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NFLX down $1.58. Come to me my pretty!
-$3.40
oldarmy1
AG
Remember also this has been an inside day lower high and lower low on both S&P and DOW. It looks like buying for moving higher but its all absolutely meaningless. The gap fills are where you make your strategic entries.
ProgN
Since it's the last day of the month, don't you think it's also some window dressing for mutual funds?
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Since it's the last day of the month, don't you think it's also some window dressing for mutual funds?
Sure. Keep as much value where selling pressure doesn't hurt them. We have two gaps sitting out there. One is not that far but if the selling intensifies that 2nd orange arrow comes into play.

ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/31/trade-talks-with-canada-will-restart-next-week-as-trump-seeks-a-deal-in-90-days.html
gougler08
AG
Nice late rally on a few stocks
oldarmy1
AG
Geez Louise

gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Geez Louise

Oh lawd, don't like my chances of making much on my late Sept calls now
oldarmy1
AG
Well it says its all false and authorities let him go....guess we'll see.
pacecar02
buying opportunity for those like myself that have not started a position
no sig
gougler08
AG
pacecar02 said:

buying opportunity for those like myself that have not started a position

It's already at a good opportunity to me, but you may get it lower now
PPAag06
AG
Khou picked it up...

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/chinese-billionaire-arrested-in-minneapolis/590320262
UpstateAg
AG
Any thoughts on NKE stock with their contract with Kaepernick?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Will have no effect on the NKE stock.
First Page Last Page
Page 209 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.