Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,030,680 Views | 224267 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by SAag1113
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
what say you said:

was out of town for 2 weeks and upon my arrival I see that long term holds got hammered...what happened to AVEO, CHK, SN, SWN, RRTS, and TWTR?
China, Turkey, China, Turkey, Turkey
oldarmy1
AG
CSCO saves the market
badharambe
AG
CSCO or CHINA?

I think weed stocks will be heating up soon with CGC's earning results today and Canada's full legalization come mid October. Im super bullish/biased though.
ProgN
CSCO and WMT are helping but the biggie is China and US resume trade talks. Futures exploded higher.
UpstateAg
AG
JD is going to have a dip. Giddy up.
gougler08
AG
UpstateAg said:

JD is going to have a dip. Giddy up.

Looks like I'll be breaking my option virginity and exercising my put, glad I hedged
gougler08
AG
But glad to see WMT kill it with earnings, let see how it flies today
UpstateAg
AG
I'm long JD. I see massive growth in the future. This is a time to buy either some more calls even cheaper or shares. If it goes below 31 and meets some resistance, I'm on it.
gougler08
AG
UpstateAg said:

I'm long JD. I see massive growth in the future. This is a time to buy either some more calls even cheaper or shares. If it goes below 31 and meets some resistance, I'm on it.
I am as well, so I was just going to sell 100 shares at my strike price and buy them back to lower my cost basis...but now it's showing as being up in the premarket so that may not happen
oldarmy1
AG
Great oppty to get yourselves in better position if you were overexposed to the markets. No change to thin Thin THIN with markets entering election season.

We see emotional trading on both extremes. Bad news on tariffs and 200 down followed by a return to pre news levels.

Potential good news in tariffs up 200 and we'll see if it pushes higher after early profit taking but not reach any breakouts. Will that then fade to continue wave down? I say likely.

Watch the Sept ES for key. Was well over +15 and now +10.75

2843 area is firm resistance. I had commented that there were no buyers once reaching those levels. There were 16 pushes to that level intraday last 3 days with a flash above that quickly faded once.

Unless that gets broken this 4th day then its a waiting game. We did get a decent hammer technical yesterday and the last one resulted in a short squeeze day over day higher for 3 days.
oldarmy1
AG
I don't know what shorts are thinking on DBX but if markets don't fade too much $28.70 is a lagger gift.
Ranger222
AG
Feels like a pop and fade so far for the broader market....
UpstateAg
AG
I've been looking at DropBox for weeks. Cannot seem to pull the trigger. But I might buy a couple leaps if the prices keep going down.
oldarmy1
AG
MU filled its gap back down to flat. Day traders entering here at 47.40
oldarmy1
AG
Ranger222 said:

Feels like a pop and fade so far for the broader market....

We came right up to fill gap down that was created yesterday from Tuesday close. So a natural pullback occurs. To my longer write up now its going to be real buying to power us higher and retest 2848.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

MU filled its gap back down to flat. Day traders entering here at 47.40

Maybe I should day trade more.
UpstateAg
AG
My problem is Morningstar's evaluation. Buy at $7? Seriously? I value conservative analysis, but they always seem super behind.
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

My problem is Morningstar's evaluation. Buy at $7? Seriously? I value conservative analysis, but they always seem super behind.

Stock?
UpstateAg
AG
yeah. its nuts.
oldarmy1
AG
No, what stock are you referencing as a buy at $7?
leoj
AG
Whatever the stock, pretty sure Morningstar is always pretty conservative with their valuations
oldarmy1
AG
JD has buying interest for first time in 2 weeks.
UpstateAg
AG
DBX
IrishTxAggie
AG
UpstateAg said:

DBX
They're behind by $22/share...
TXAGEE
AG
Will SN find any support? I vomit every time I look at it.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Up 2%+ today, now my put is out of the money (should have sold this morning on the dip but work got in the way) but since it was just a hedge, I just want this baby to run up
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

This could be a big move for JD squeezing shorts.
UpstateAg
AG
Anyone else getting on the Jan 2020 50C on JD wagon?
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

Took more ROKU off the table at 55. Bought puts out 30+ days at 50 strike against the rest to hedge.
sold the puts back to the market this morning at a smallish loss. Roku moving strong today so wanted to get as much value back out of the pits as possible.
BT1395
AG
In on DBX stock at $28.52
tamc1956ag
S
anybody got opinions on SN. Sanchez
pacecar02
wait for volume to indicate a reversal

edit: right now, there has been no support since last Thursday, every day is lower lows
no sig
oldarmy1
AG
tamc1956ag said:

anybody got opinions on SN. Sanchez

When it broke $4 it lost major support and the shorts have it by the nads. Most energy shares are seeing lower highs and lower lows. Covered calls on those just in the money out a month or even 2 make sense because end of summer typically means reduced demand.

SN will get a bounce soon but $3 area likely it until approaching next quarter. They even released word of a better forecast but with no momentum in the sector ot had zero impactm
oldarmy1
AG
S&P broke firmly above 2843 resistance and that means the gap from 8/9 at 2851 will likely be filled.
gougler08
AG
Shorts are taking back over on JD, down on the day now
First Page Last Page
Page 192 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.