Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,013,024 Views | 224172 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by McInnis 03
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
S&P new high today
oldarmy1
AG
Bought CVRR
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

In the future think of that Put as protecting your holdings but also as a profit hedge offset.

When the value of the Put rises to where the net between it and the current stock price overlap I tend to move out of the Put.

Using that $32.50 as an example. When JD approached $33 that option was above $90. If you paid around $30 cents then you had 60 cents per share profit. You sell it there and then you place a stop 60 cents below the $33 or $32.40 because you lowered your holding shares by 60 cents.

Does that make sense?
Yeah, definitely makes sense and good advice. Follow up question will be if it does go below the strike price (let's use $30 for a round number) is it better to go ahead and sell the 100 shares at $32.50 and immediately buy back at the $30 price to lower my average holding? My guess is it really depends on if you're long or not, but would like to hear the rational and make sure I'm not crazy
oldarmy1
AG
If I'm reading your scenario correctly its assuming JD tanked to $30 and you own a $32 50 Put. At $30 that Put would be valued at $2.50 plus any premium days left, so you would just sell the Put and basically your stock at $30 didn't feel the pain between $32.50 to $30.
oldarmy1
AG
More on BBOX move empatis

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3382666-black-box-plus-11_3-percent-inclusion-niap-compliant-list
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

If I'm reading your scenario correctly its assuming JD tanked to $30 and you own a $32 50 Put. At $30 that Put would be valued at $2.50 plus any premium days left, so you would just sell the Put and basically your stock at $30 didn't feel the pain between $32.50 to $30.
That's what I thought, thank you sir
tamc1956ag
S
where do you see this stock ending up in 6 months?
oldarmy1
AG
tamc1956ag said:

Which one?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Just post all of your holdings with your projections and save yourself the 20 questions!
tamc1956ag
S
oldarmy1 said:

tamc1956ag said:

Which one?
bbox
tamc1956ag
S
IrishTxAggie said:

Just post all of your holdings with your projections and save yourself the 20 questions!
I am not good at this...bought 200 shares of bbox@1.46
oldarmy1
AG
tamc1956ag said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I am not good at this...bought 200 shares of bbox@1.46
This is a long term turn-around story. It will take some time but the first key will be the sale of their government unit. I think that success would see a $2.50-$3.00 spike in a single day. Short sellers have been covering but there still would be enough to likely push it above those on a flash move - maybe up to $5 area (because it puts major wind in their sales). You have an option at that point to sell 100 shares getting your money back, althouh with 200 shares no way I'd sale.

From then on earnings execution will be key, although I think they would also be a take over candidate should they execute ahead of schedule. These are always impossible to know the trajectory. Last years Intelesat was idle for 9 months except for a flash move or two. But once they turned the corner it shot up hard and fast.

Of the two I'm working RRTS and BBOX - BBOX is the potential super star I could see in the $20-30's over the next few years. RRTS I see in the teens.

My goal, as always, is to work into a net free holding and forget it like I had Intelesat, until the alerts started going nuts. Once these hit $2.50 it allows options to be considered in the strategy.

TLDR version

Stock of projected spurts based on Unit Sale, Sales Execution seen on quarterly's and more info/increase on the large client inked.
ranchag04
AG
Thanks OA....in your opinion what percentage chance BBOX goes bankrupt?
Ranger222
AG
Put this in the discord channel this afternoon but took a shot at GOOGL 1270 C weeklies as a gamble....lets see how that plays
oldarmy1
AG
ranchag04 said:

Thanks OA....in your opinion what percentage chance BBOX goes bankrupt?
As long as Trammell is accurate in the sale of their government unit - zero.

If he doesn't get that done then they would be looking at secondary offerings or other capital raising efforts to extend the runway for their turn around plan. I would put that scenario at 50-50 only due to Trammell's track record. Usually I'd place it 75% liklihood.
ProgN
Looking ugly this morning with Turkey slapping tariffs on US. Could see good buying opportunities at the open.
gougler08
AG
Yeah, was surprised to wake up to that...giving back everything from yesterday to start out it looks like
gougler08
AG
Also, JD/BABA/IQ all down another 3-5% premarket. Thanks again for the put advice OA to at least help me hedge a bit
UpstateAg
AG
TENCENT earnings also not helping with China.
gougler08
AG
UpstateAg said:

TENCENT earnings also not helping with China.
Wow, first profit drop in over a decade
IrishTxAggie
AG
Corona Quadruples down on Canadian weed company Canopy Growth Company ($CGC)

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/15/corona-maker-constellation-ups-bet-on-cannabis-with-4-billion-investm.html

Pot beverages and sleep aids. If the US ditches the marijuana laws, this will be one that runs
leoj
AG
MU falling to a PE of 1.5
gougler08
AG
Early volume was trying to get JD back up...but it got sent down quickly
tramaro1
AG
GE at a new low. What are the thoughts on them, buy more or hold what you have and see what happens?
IrishTxAggie
AG
tramaro1 said:

GE at a new low. What are the thoughts on them, buy more or hold what you have and see what happens?
Not with a ten foot pole personally. Way too many things working against them. They're going to sell Baker (along with other non-strategic divisions) I don't think that will yield anything. They'll be lucky if it's a wash at the end of the day. I think there are more rough waters ahead before the tide turns and there are much better plays in the market right now. They've got a giant $31 billion albatross around their neck with their pensions too.
ProgN
tramaro1 said:

I'd put my money into, RIG. GE will take a longtime to comeback. JMO
gougler08
AG
Well there will be no need for me to look at my portfolio balance today
Ragoo
AG
Red across the board
gougler08
AG
NFLX just touched 321...hoping it finds support there
ProgN

Me opening my trading account today.
IrishTxAggie
AG
****ing Turkey...
ProgN
The SOX index is getting it's **** pushed in. It's now WAY oversold.
Ranger222
AG
Hate to say it, but I think we might be headed for the 50 day on SPY which would be 278ish
oldarmy1
AG
Wave down hello.

Big volume just hit so shares will at least bounce.

How much wave will this be? If this is 2nd leg that began with gap down that couldnt fill then were does it potentially bottom.

Day traders loving this but caution on entry.

Ragoo
AG
Took more ROKU off the table at 55. Bought puts out 30+ days at 50 strike against the rest to hedge.
First Page Last Page
Page 190 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.