Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,295,208 Views | 225299 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by El_duderino
topher06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NET has taken a beating over the past couple of days.
McInnis 03
AG
Any insight on why ADBE is tanking? Yesterday high of 470, right now at 424, below it's 21 day EMA and already touched off it's 1.5X ATR band on the daily.

Same question with ADSK.....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Any idea what's driving LUV and DIS to suddenly shoot up this morning?

Such a roller coaster ride this week.
TecRecAg
AG
texagbeliever said:

spy might have just rejected an attempt at a new daily high, fall coming?
apparently not

nothing makes sense anymore. left is down, right is up. just follow the money
gougler08
AG
INMD broke through the 200 EMA...may be running short term
texagbeliever
I could only guess that Oil is helping the indexes today. MRO, OVV, & COP are up 3-5%
BenRev09
AG
DRIP at 21 ema, been using mostly as a hedge, but seems like there's plenty of headwind for O&G
ClutchCityAg
All of my stocks' charts look like cardiograms
Let it ride
gougler08
AG
Any thoughts on HRB? Near COVID lows and people will eventually have to do their taxes...not exactly a short term play but maybe one for the retirement account (dividend as well)
texagbeliever
Anyone else notice a similar shape to today's 15 min vs yesterday's 15 minutes...
TecRecAg
AG
texagbeliever said:

Anyone else notice a similar shape to today's 15 min vs yesterday's 15 minutes...
Tomorrow's 307-310p probably not a bad hedge...
Coachbro20
Any news on TTOO? It's up nicely today
TecRecAg
AG
BA 717 175P.. trade at your own peril
McInnis 03
AG
We seem to be rather quiet today.........
idAg09
McInnis 03 said:

We seem to be rather quiet today.........

Whales are positioning themselves and the rest of us waiting on what to do next.....
aggiedaniel06
AG
MM's Gamma exposure today is very high. Meaning any move in either direction will not be violent.
EngrAg14
AG
Goldman Sachs puts are relatively cheap
Grabbed 190/195 assuming it has a quick drop and misses earnings.
Seven Costanza
AG
Probably outside of the scope of this thread (and perhaps your expertise, I don't know), but I would be curious to hear about your ultra long term (10-20 years), broad economic outlook (inflation, national debt, probably inevitable increase in taxes, etc.).
TecRecAg
AG
It's been discussed a bit today, but have your hedges ready. I wouldn't be surprised to see Texas shut down again for 30 days after the politicians get their votes today.
HoustonAg_2009
ADBE has been on an absolute tear! Wish I bought more in March. My guess is it's moving with the general NASDAQ sell off. It's recovered quite of a bit off today's low.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Sure, I'll dump my thoughts sometime this week.

I will tell you one thing though, the only reason we have been able to get away with being so fiscally irreponsible printing away like we have is because we have been the Alpha Dog for the past 100 years and our currency has been the gold standard of fiats.

Our head in the sand trade policies since the 80's have allowed China to emerge into a superpower. And no matter what we do now, that is inevitable. China owns 80% of the rare earth mines as we move into a completely technology driven world, they have stolen enough IP to engineer from there. At some point in my lifetime, I expect them to challenge our Alpha dog status.
McInnis 03
AG
CRWD is on my radar as well. I'm consistently looking for daily charts that have been on the uptrend for awhile but have pulled back to the 8-21 day EMA. Well, CRWD has gone even harder, and has now 3 inside bars in a row on the hourly. That's quite a bit of consolidation.

EDIT: And like that I get into a few 101/102 call spreads for this week at .57
ProgN
EngrAg14 said:

Goldman Sachs puts are relatively cheap
Grabbed 190/195 assuming it has a quick drop and misses earnings.
GS should have good numbers.
McInnis 03
AG
OPEX week has bitten me more than once, but I'm loaded up on ADBE, ADSK, and CRWD call spreads.
Proposition Joe
China has been "just about to become a technology superpower" for some time now.

They talk like they are a lot closer to it than they really are.
Ragoo
AG
China isn't creative. It is why they steal instead of invent.
jsap
McInnis 03 said:

CRWD is on my radar as well. I'm consistently looking for daily charts that have been on the uptrend for awhile but have pulled back to the 8-21 day EMA. Well, CRWD has gone even harder, and has now 3 inside bars in a row on the hourly. That's quite a bit of consolidation.

How do you setup call spread? Buy to open 101p and 102c?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
buy to open 90C and sell to open 95C (for example)
amg1996
AG
Did Irish get perma banned?
gougler08
AG
amg1996 said:

Yep, forum 16 claims another
McInnis 03
AG
jsap said:

McInnis 03 said:

How do you setup call spread? Buy to open 101p and 102c?
If I am expecting an upwards move there are a few ways to do it, but in this situation I"m "buying" debit spreads.

I buy the 101C and sell the 102C. This caps my gain at the difference in the strikes, meaning I can make $1 ($100) per contract assuming the price is above 102 at expiration. Or if the stock makes a good move for me early I can close the spread by selling the 101C and buying to cover the 102C.
gougler08
AG
MGNI needs to get $0.10-0.15 more for a nice green hammer
topher06
McInnis 03 said:

OPEX week has bitten me more than once, but I'm loaded up on ADBE, ADSK, and CRWD call spreads.
It is the worst waiting for your monthlies to expire worthless instead of buying back for a couple pennies and then getting fee raped on top of that.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

amg1996 said:

Yep, forum 16 claims another
F16 has been crawling across on a minefield on a live fire range the last couple of weeks. We've lost a few legends from that board.
Fireman
AG
Anyone else in on $VXRT, and any of you technical guys see any demarcation lines that could be useful for those of us long in the stock? I was in at $2.40, sold way to soon at $6.00, and bought back in at $10.50 yesterday.

I think it's going to $21, but I'm a rookie.
First Page Last Page
Page 1886 of 6438

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.