Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,021,160 Views | 224198 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by EnronAg
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AMZN day range:
  • 3,070.56-3,344.29
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

SPX 3180P engaged.
Couldn't help myself. Got the 3180 for $5, sold the 3165 for $6

cgh1999
AG
Bought and sold 7/17 spy puts in a 2 hour span for a 30% profit. Left some money on the table, but always good to get a win
McInnis 03
AG
SPX vs MOC for 3160 in 8 minutes, be there or be square.
TriumphForks
AG
MGNI not doing so hot.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

SPX 3180P engaged.

And now I'm trying to get the other side of this butterfly in place......

And done. This could be the best single setup of my life so far. I'm not a whale, but this tadpole looks to be satisfied.
bigbass1170
AG
Feel like I got kicked in the dick. Last two days have been bloody. Probably gonna take a pause from option plays for a while.
ProgN
Futures could get REAL ugly in the morning.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

I literally sold my longs in my play account. China + all the recent sports cancellations, seems like a good news based pull back.
ProgN
The reversal from up so huge on the indices to going negative doesn't bode well for a good open. Even if we open up green, I'll be adding to my puts.
TecRecAg
AG
khaos288 said:

Prognightmare said:

I literally sold my longs in my play account. China + all the recent sports cancellations, seems like a good news based pull back.
I'm out of literally everything in my play account. Call it good timing, but I've had a run of 4 straight days in the green. Going to let the morning sort itself out then get back in.
gig em 02
Had an awesome day sniping spy puts and calls, now to decide if I sell or hold these 215P for friday that are up 50%
59 South
AG
Well, what a day to decide to take a step back and some time off for a bit from all the market watching. Thanks guys!

Like OA said, some ugly reversals and failed breakouts today but tomorrow will be key. If it follows through then I'll be scaling back my longs and getting more strategic. SPY did still make a higher high and higher low today and is still holding 8 EMA. NDX also holding 8 EMA but ugly bearish engulfing.

Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

SPX 3180P engaged.

And done. This could be the best single setup of my life so far. I'm not a whale, but this tadpole looks to be satisfied.
grabbed a 314/311P spread myself

earlier today added VXX calls, and a TWM call...cheap hedges even for my little account.

Let's get crashy!
cgh1999
AG
cgh1999 said:

Bought and sold 7/17 spy puts in a 2 hour span for a 30% profit. Left some money on the table, but always good to get a win

Damn - left a lot on the table. Sold for $330. Could have sold for $550+
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
oops sold the last of my 7/17 vxx 40 calls at lunchtime.
khaos288
AG
TecRecAg said:

khaos288 said:

Prognightmare said:

I'm out of literally everything in my play account. Call it good timing, but I've had a run of 4 straight days in the green. Going to let the morning sort itself out then get back in.
Yeah, I actually exited during one of the bounces and ended up green. Going to wait to jump back in.
jeromePOWell
AG
All stops triggered when I got back from lunch, only down 2.4% today as a result, still hurts though. Have a SPY 300 put queued but not sure it will fill. This feels eerily like June 10th so it's not too late to make some money on puts.

Or 5% gap up tomorrow morning who knows.

McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

SPX 3180P engaged.

So I had to re play this one in my mind...

Bought the 3180P when I saw the MOC info. It limit bought at $4.50. SPX was at 3179 or so when I bought.
Down goes SPX, when I saw the 3165P start moving for more than $5 I put in a limit sell for $6 and it filled,

At this point I was actually taking a credit on a 15 wide put spread that would normally be bought for a debit.

Once I saw SPX start dipping to 3160 and the time was ticking, I saw the Verticals were selling for $5+ to sell a 3165/3150, thus creating a 15 wide put butterfly. I got $5.50 credit for this.

Then I got a little cute, I overplayed my hand when I should not have. I see this now and won't do that again.
SPX dipped to 3153, this is when I sold the original spread (3180/3165) for $14.50. This was putting on risk I should not have. It did not bite me.

The SPX closed at 3155 I think so the 3165 I sold, I owe $10 ($1000) on it to whomever exercises it.

TLDR:
Debit $4.50
Credit $6.00
Credit $5.50
Credit $14.50
Debit $10
Net profit $11.50 minus commissions
khaos288
AG
jeromePOWell said:

All stops triggered when I got back from lunch, only down 2.4% today as a result, still hurts though. Have a SPY 300 put queued but not sure it will fill. This feels eerily like June 10th so it's not too late to make some money on puts.

Or 5% gap up tomorrow morning who knows.

username does not check out. You should know
jeromePOWell
AG
Twice in one day I've gotten that, might be time to change the handle up!
khaos288
AG
jeromePOWell said:

lol I've gotten it a time or two calling weekly plays
Rice and Fries
jeromePOWell said:

No what its time to do is start warming up the money printers.
McInnis 03
AG
So which of you whales got rich shorting Tesla today. I want to bask in your glory.
austinAG90
AG
Yeah, I kind of made a mess of it...shorted 1940 calls at 52 good, but said why not 1500 puts at $20, now 50, also short 1600 calls all this week. So hopefully can trade out of all of it and go away..too much distraction
leoj
AG
30% cash, will increase to 100% if tomorrow follows through on today's move.
austinAG90
AG
1500 puts Crazy up at 80, my 1600 c short into the 50's down on the puts...so much premium I have to ride it through..
Carlo4
AG
cgh1999 said:

cgh1999 said:

Damn - left a lot on the table. Sold for $330. Could have sold for $550+

Congrats on the profit! Never be mad at having the problem of debating how much green you make!

I did the same thing today. Sold out a little early on UVXY and jumped back in after $1.30 rise for a nice gain to sell out end of day. Missed out on about $200 on my end but I'll gladly take home my profits!
AggiePeeps06
AG
I bought 1 put for 1500 at the top of its range and sold it for 5k
aggiedaniel06
AG
Massive day for me! Good to transfer some wealth from Elon's pocket to mine.

Also so many tech names, especially cloud (DDOG looked the clearest to me) were showing strong bearish divergence. There was also massive money outflow from TQQQ on Friday and no darkpook QQQ buying.
ProgN
Seems you're positioned for sell off, what's your targets?
TecRecAg
AG
My run of good plays lately has me thinking about trying TSLA. But man, I can't help but feel like Matt Damon in the beginning of Rounders.

I don't want to have to drive a delivery truck for 6 months to sit back at the table.
aggiedaniel06
AG
From a short term view, I'm actually directionally almost neutral. Was 60/40 bearish coming into today. Long financials, short tech, which worked out perfectly today. There is so much volatility that you can be long, both puts and calls and still make insane profits.

The only way SPX goes higher is if financials join the party, which we will find out within the next 3 days.

I also have some Sep/Oct SPY and TQQQ death puts & VIX calls in case we crash again. I do this everytime the PC ratio is this low.

If the street's reaction to bank earnings is horrible, I will go very bearish and can see us easily correcting back to the 2700's which will give the Fed and Congress the green light to unleash more QE, to then get a roaring rally into elections.
spud1910
AG
McInnis 03 said:

So which of you whales got rich shorting Tesla today. I want to bask in your glory.
I looked at puts and decided too rich for me. Within an hour or so they had doubled.
khaos288
AG
Are you using anything as an official signal for bank earnings? First earnings of the big boys signifies the rest?
First Page Last Page
Page 1883 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.