Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,103,094 Views | 224581 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

This would be absolutely wild.

Would be crazy...futures heading on up though
Touchless
AG
lol...wasn''t it last week or the week before you were kept replying to your own comments? I feel like you were learning a new strategy or something that you were excited about and kept adding to it so you had several comments and a handful of those were just replying to your previous comment.
moses1084ever
AG
For those trading breakout/momentum strategies, what time frames for new highs and new lows are you looking at? Days/weeks/months?

tsuag10
AG

Can someone help me with what 3399 translates to for SPY?

Roughly 340 SPY, correct?
gougler08
AG
tsuag10 said:

Yeah, generally divide by 10 to go from SPX to SPY
McInnis 03
AG
Touchless said:

lol...wasn''t it last week or the week before you were kept replying to your own comments? I feel like you were learning a new strategy or something that you were excited about and kept adding to it so you had several comments and a handful of those were just replying to your previous comment.

I agree with you.
tsuag10
AG
Thanks
Rice and Fries
Wallstreetbets has picked up on $NET, and it's now one of their herd stocks.

Should be interesting....
AGSmith
AG
tsuag10 said:

Can someone explain how I would trade options on SPY? I don't have 34k free to resolve a call option if I was assigned it
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Simplistically, you need to have an account with options enabled. Most options are sold before expiration, and I would advise most people not to hold at expiration unless you are writing (selling) the option.

So simplistically, if you wanted to bet on the S&P going up, tomorrow morning you would probably buy something like SPY 330 (strike price) calls with an 08/21 expiration. That's an out of the money call, so it will be cheaper, but the stock will really have to move for it to be worth something. Time is your enemy on OTM calls. I would start small, like 1 contract. I personally tend to buy at the money or in the money calls unless I'm taking a speculative bet, but the premium is higher with ATM or ITM calls. They're more forgiving of market movements.

The number one thing, and I can't reinforce this enough, is to have a plan for where you will sell, either up or down. There is no guarantee the market opens up tomorrow even though futures are green right now and there is no guarantee it will stay there in spite of the overwhelming optimism you're seeing and reading. The market will probably go up, risk only what you are willing to lose.
gig em 02
AGSmith said:

tsuag10 said:

Can someone explain how I would trade options on SPY? I don't have 34k free to resolve a call option if I was assigned it
you sell it before it gets exercised
AGSmith
AG
I currently have a T 7/17 and PFE 9/18 call on the books. Doesn't Spy have some additional trading time for options?
59 South
AG
Touchless said:

Are you McIniss' sock?? You reply to yourself just as much as he does.
Hey I hang out here to learn from the best!

Also pretty sure we are twins in a parallel universe.

Leave him out of this. I'm trying to figure out how to implement the 2:52 unicorn butterfly into my LEAN trading methodology, and I need more of his posts to figure it out.
deadbq03
AG
Recently, I've been buying back all the options I sell before expiration too. The weekend is lost time if you keep em.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
deadbq03 said:

Recently, I've been buying back all the options I sell before expiration too. The weekend is lost time if you keep em.

I had a "duh" moment about 3:30 on Friday when i realized i should have bought back some of the 7/17 puts i sold a week ago, that the underlying ran up and the puts are only worth pennies now. Gonna do that as soon as we open this morning and put that cash back to work
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
chubbs07 said:

I am not sure if/when this will happen, but can I put SSFT on Goal Post watch with the board? The first of the goal posts (I believe) was on June 11th - daily volume is generally under 500K, but for a few days was through the roof (29 million on June 11). Thoughts on this? I have a good chunk of shares, and might be adding more now that it has consolidated back towards $0.15/share.

I'm in! Penny stocks are like rice:

"Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."
-Mitch Hedberg
Ragoo
AG
This market is nuts.
Square Pair
AG
TSLA going higher?
59 South
AG
McInnis 03
AG
Square Pair said:

TSLA going higher?
Tesler at 1640.

Where's our homie with the 1800C's at net free? WTF you gonna do when those are ITM brosif?
TheCellarDoor
AG
I'm here... this is nuts.
Rice and Fries
McInnis 03 said:

Square Pair said:

TSLA going higher?
Tesler at 1640.

Where's our homie with the 1800C's at net free? WTF you gonna do when those are ITM brosif?
Hes gonna HODL
McInnis 03
AG
TheCellarDoor said:

I'm here... this is nuts.

I love you.
McInnis 03
AG
Anyone feel like some pizza?

DPZ

Weekly TTM_Squeeze fired off first green dot last week, UP.
Opening up today at what looks like 2-3% above close on Friday.
Been consolidating on the daily for awhile and now looking like it may fire on the daily.

Could be a nice run about to start for pizzabros.
Mister Cooper
AG
For those people holding ROKU stock or options, went out and bought a TCL Roku TV this weekend...you're welcome
Betoisafurry
Thanks! Those TV's are excellent for the price, I've had one in my backyard uncovered for 3+ years(including harvey) and it's still going strong.
Rice and Fries
maroon19 said:

For those people holding ROKU stock or options, went out and bought a TCL Roku TV this weekend...you're welcome
AgShaun00
AG
i bought 1 1900C option friday. let's see what happens
jet99
I bleed maroon said:

binsy said:

Is anyone in Tanker stocks here? Despite the uptick in demand, there may be a oil storage shortage again on the horizon. I've been looking at STNG and EURN. Would be a long term hold unless it took a crazy jump up.

Anyone more plugged into the industry here that could share some insight?
Not in the industry, but I bought a mid-term strangle on NAT (Nordic American Tanker) a few weeks ago, thinking it was going to move or sink. Not much movement so far outside of today's 8%+ gain in price, but I have some room to run (October expiration).

I would be interested to hear industry expert opinions on this, as well.

I ran the marine analytics group for an oil major a few jobs ago - note that doesn't necessarily mean I'm an expert since they through me in there with zero marine experience. I will say that industry is the most dynamic you will ever find. One policy change or a move in crude can change tanker earnings ten-fold. I have actually made more money trading tankers the past few years than any segment. Right now I am bearish. Tanker earnings are the essence of supply/demand and right now less oil is moving around due to COVID. There was also a massive increase in floating storage as crude buyers locked in spreads when it was cheap. That floating storage is getting unwound now and as it does that will mean more tanker supply hits the market. Until crude demand picks up to pre-Covid levels or pricing dynamics drive an increase in storage there is not much driving rates up.

A couple things to note, be aware of who you are buying. STNG owns clean product tankers (think gasoline, diesel, jet fuel) not crude. That market is very different than crude tankers and will not always trend together, although those trends are bearish now too. I've become a consistent lurker here and will post if I see any potential opportunities.
E
AG
Rice and Fries said:

maroon19 said:

My brother got one last month and I'm getting one in the next weeks
qunique_2004
AG
Wow WKHS Charging again
jet99
For those who mentioned RV demand and CWH. As I read up on it I also saw info on huge increases in boat demand as well. Anecdotally, we are buying a wakeboarding boat and you can hardly find anyone with stock on hand. The local dealer said they simply can't keep them on the lot and these are $100k+ boats. Folks who typically have busy summers with kids' sports, summer camps, and vacations are stuck at home they may be spending their money on boats. MBUU looks like it may be in a consolidation pattern after recovering from COVID lows. I'm sure there are others with potential as well.
mtony77
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Bought triple digit volume of PFE Dec $37 calls
OA thanks as always for recco, I followed you on this as well. Do you have an exit strategy for these? Sell some early on pop? Or ride it out in hope of successful vaccine?
Ragoo
AG
jet99 said:

For those who mentioned RV demand and CWH. As I read up on it I also saw info on huge increases in boat demand as well. Anecdotally, we are buying a wakeboarding boat and you can hardly find anyone with stock on hand. The local dealer said they simply can't keep them on the lot and these are $100k+ boats. Folks who typically have busy summers with kids' sports, summer camps, and vacations are stuck at home they may be spending their money on boats. MBUU looks like it may be in a consolidation pattern after recovering from COVID lows. I'm sure there are others with potential as well.

MCFT is another play here.
ProgN
ROKU price target raised to $180
First Page Last Page
Page 1878 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.