Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,694 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jagvocate
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NRD09 said:

topher06 said:

FishrCoAg said:

Did similar 2 weeks ago when he first mentioned, only I sold August 2.50c for about 30% of original investment. Best to roll them out further on the current spike, or hold on and hope to either get called out or sell them again?
If I get called out on my 1/3 of shares, I am going to have a large glass of nice scotch. Not going to be upset with ~67% gain (between share appreciation and option premium).

EDIT: Realistically, the stock will probably give up some of these gains and there is still some work to do to get over $2.50. Guess we will see, doubt anyone in this thread is going to be disappointed if it is at $2.50 tomorrow and we all just have to wait for the options to expire.
So here's what I don't understand about this strategy: selling covered calls limits your upside, which is the last thing I want to do with pharma/bio. Your shares could get called away tomorrow at 2.5 and it could keep running. I get the idea of guaranteed returns but CODX went 5x+ almost overnight. That puts us over $6. Do I just need to get over the fomo and focus on guaranteed returns?

To be fair, my main statement initially on this trade was if people had otherwise sidelined money then don't just let it sit there doing nothing when you have the ability to take risk almost to zero but have reward at 100%+.

That said we have a lot of novice traders on here and when you can show them how to use options to crush a 90 day CD ROI then it gives them the ability to build their account safely.
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NRD09 said:

topher06 said:

FishrCoAg said:

Did similar 2 weeks ago when he first mentioned, only I sold August 2.50c for about 30% of original investment. Best to roll them out further on the current spike, or hold on and hope to either get called out or sell them again?
If I get called out on my 1/3 of shares, I am going to have a large glass of nice scotch. Not going to be upset with ~67% gain (between share appreciation and option premium).

EDIT: Realistically, the stock will probably give up some of these gains and there is still some work to do to get over $2.50. Guess we will see, doubt anyone in this thread is going to be disappointed if it is at $2.50 tomorrow and we all just have to wait for the options to expire.
So here's what I don't understand about this strategy: selling covered calls limits your upside, which is the last thing I want to do with pharma/bio. Your shares could get called away tomorrow at 2.5 and it could keep running. I get the idea of guaranteed returns but CODX went 5x+ almost overnight. That puts us over $6. Do I just need to get over the fomo and focus on guaranteed returns?

To be fair, my main statement initially on this trade was if people had otherwise sidelined money then don't just let it sit there doing nothing when you have the ability to take risk almost to zero but have reward at 100%+.

That said we have a lot of novice traders on here and when you can show them how to use options to crush a 90 day CD ROI then it gives them the ability to build their account safely.

This is really helpful. I think I'm ready to sell covered calls as a conservative Medium term strategy.
oldarmy1
AG
Everyone looking to layer covered calls on TTOO should check the $5 February calls. You get $0.50 or better then those would be the top choice.

Would likely need a move above $2.50 but with this close it looks like a flyer coming

(Accidentally got wrong emoji)
McInnis 03
AG
TTOO is gonna be a flying gap mofo tomorrow. I may buy shares when I wake up
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This should more than make up for my TSN. Thank goodness!
McInnis 03
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Jet Black
McInnis 03 said:

What time would that be?
McInnis 03
AG
Jet Black said:

McInnis 03 said:

What time would that be?

Pre market opens at 3am. I'm up at 4a

B&I Key:
frankm01
Haha! MOVE OVER WHALES!! This 62 yo just sold his first covered call ever!! Today covered calls.....tomorrow butterfly vertical leaps on SPY Darvis boxes. Haha!

Well, just kidding on the butterfly things. TDA will make sure of that. Anyway, having an absolute blast following this and some of the other B&I threads since l retired in January. I have learned so much (and made a few bucks as well) from all you on this board. Such civil and intelligent conversations. I've been investing for years but just long term buys. Now I've learned some of the many things to look for to make more intelligent decisions.

Thanks again to everyone on this board.

Brewmaster
AG
jbeck3487 said:

Got in TTOO at 1.25 yesterday but decided to wait to sell covered calls. I fell in to a nice scenario.
man, no kidding! you hit it at the right time. I'm in ONTX and ZOM, looking forward to the rocket ship coming on both. ZOM looks like a nice gapper to .49, then on up to $1. Currently trading at a discount, being held down.
Jet Black
Nm
McInnis 03
AG
Jet Black said:

McInnis 03 said:

Jet Black said:

McInnis 03 said:

What time would that be?

Does it concern you missing the open time between 3 and 4? Chances it rockets up then?

Not specifically on this opportunity to take away an hour of my sleep

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
frankm01 said:

Haha! MOVE OVER WHALES!! This 62 yo just sold his first covered call ever!! Today covered calls.....tomorrow butterfly vertical leaps on SPY Darvis boxes. Haha!

Well, just kidding on the butterfly things. TDA will make sure of that. Anyway, having an absolute blast following this and some of the other B&I threads since l retired in January. I have learned so much (and made a few bucks as well) from all you on this board. Such civil and intelligent conversations. I've been investing for years but just long term buys. Now I've learned some of the many things to look for to make more intelligent decisions.

I absolutely loved reading this.

B&I Key:
wanderer
How are you able to trade on shares like this pre-market? Does the order actually go through prior to opening?
Jet Black
BREwmaster said:

jbeck3487 said:

Got in TTOO at 1.25 yesterday but decided to wait to sell covered calls. I fell in to a nice scenario.
man, no kidding! you hit it at the right time. I'm in ONTX and ZOM, looking forward to the rocket ship coming on both. ZOM looks like a nice gapper to .49, then on up to $1. Currently trading at a discount, being held down.

I'm in ontx. What is the story on zom? Thanks!
bigbass1170
AG
I'm learning a ton but I'm still very much a novice here compared to y'all, so looking for some advice. I bought a few of the TTOO Nov 2.5 calls last month. Should I sell some to get net free on the rest once we open up tomorrow? Or is there a better way to play this?
Jet Black
McInnis 03 said:

Jet Black said:

McInnis 03 said:

Jet Black said:

McInnis 03 said:

What time would that be?

Does it concern you missing the open time between 3 and 4? Chances it rockets up then?

Not specifically on this opportunity to take away an hour of my sleep

Hah. Got it. Thanks.
Brewmaster
AG
if the markets hold this should be a fun one...

ProgN
frankm01 said:

Welcome to the clubhouse my friend.
FishrCoAg
AG
bigbass1170 said:

I'm learning a ton but I'm still very much a novice here compared to y'all, so looking for some advice. I bought a few of the TTOO Nov 2.5 calls last month. Should I sell some to get net free on the rest once we open up tomorrow? Or is there a better way to play this?

It's never bad to be net free
AgShaun00
AG
BREwmaster said:

if the markets hold this should be a fun one...

Bought options today.
bigbass1170
AG
My lean as well. Thanks!
Brewmaster
AG
Jet Black said:

BREwmaster said:

jbeck3487 said:

I'm in ontx. What is the story on zom? Thanks!
OA was in ZOM, and still has some shares I think, but he just played the gap fill on it from the offering. It had crazy volume end of last week (goal posts as OA would say).
Ragoo
AG
Welcome
59 South
AG
frankm01 said:

Love this attitude. Can you talk to my 64 year old pops who is terrified of putting money anywhere besides a local bank savings account getting about .1%? He thinks I'm completely insane and basically shooting craps for thinking I'll retire from the corporate bs by 50-55 at least.
59 South
AG
Since we're all into small caps and penny stocks these days... did anyone dive into NLST or WKHS that I brought up last week?

NLST was a little over .40 when I mentioned it had just Model T'd. It almost got to .60 yesterday.

WKHS was around $5 or so.

I unfortunately didn't play either. I hope at least a couple of you guys did! I did get a PM from somebody saying they made almost $30k off of WKHS.
McInnis 03
AG
Yes. I have extended hours enabled but have to dictate to the order to execute in extended trading for it to take

B&I Key:
topher06
Thought TTOO would have given up some gains overnight, pleasantly surprised. All covered so now this becomes mostly a waiting game, but a lot more fun waiting on a the calls to decay out (and get called out) than waiting for the calls to decay out stock that lost most of its value in the meantime.

Thanks again, OA1.
gig em 02
Any advice on the covered call move for TTOO this morning? I'm torn between Selling November 2.5 or Feb 5 or just holding to see what happens. Maybe I'll just do a combo.
gougler08
AG
So apparently RUBI is moving to MGNI today...just FYI for all of those holding it
UpstateAg
AG
They have become Magnite. A cross between a flashlight and a superhero character.
59 South
AG
For you technical folk and to follow up from a couple days ago when I said now is the time to enter if you believe in it (~113), ROKU made a beautiful bullish harami reversal candle yesterday anchored right on the 200 day EMA. It also has a nice set up on the hourly.

Notice the steady or increasing red volume on the sell offs followed by lower green candles on the reversal. Did the sellers finally get bored and go away? Now the buyers watch to make sure they don't come back in force before stepping up with higher buying volume to launch it? Who knows what is really going on, but I like to try to rationalize what the heck is driving the price action via supply/demand fundamentals...

topher06
59 South said:

For you technical folk and to follow up from a couple days ago when I said now is the time to enter if you believe in it (~113), ROKU made a beautiful bullish harami reversal candle yesterday anchored right on the 200 day EMA. It also has a nice set up on the hourly.

McInnis 03
AG
Anyone here following $NERD? Just doing some of my morning scans and this one came up.....I'm not a fan of a daily play here, but damn, this thing has been climbing steadily for months. Really nice trajectory....anyone have this one?

B&I Key:
59 South
AG
What happened to badharambe? Seems like he hasn't posted in awhile. I think I follow him on twitter and he's fairly active assuming I've connected the dots correctly. Did he get banned or something?
First Page Last Page
Page 1830 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.