Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,306 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
y'all. Stonks. If you want to talk COVID extended, go to the COVID forum. If you want to talk Politics, head over to the cess pool.

Stonks here. Buy stonks. Buy lots of stonks.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
topher06
khaos288 said:

Charlie Kelley said:

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/texas-government-counting-every-covid-positive-hospital-case

Don't mean to pile on with the political discussion, but the hospital CEO's said the panic was unwarranted...

Capacity last year around this time was around 95% according to one hospital spokesperson.
I want to believe this, but do you have a better source? The headlines on that site scream agenda one way only.
You've been pretty consistent in your message as well, at least from what I've seen.
Betoisafurry
khaos288 said:

Charlie Kelley said:

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/texas-government-counting-every-covid-positive-hospital-case

Don't mean to pile on with the political discussion, but the hospital CEO's said the panic was unwarranted...

Capacity last year around this time was around 95% according to one hospital spokesperson.
I want to believe this, but do you have a better source? The headlines on that site scream agenda one way only.
https://www.chron.com/houston/article/TMC-leaders-Despite-rising-COVID-19-cases-15366132.php

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/coronavirus/2020/06/25/texas-medical-center-leadership-looks-to-assuage-icu-capacity-fears-amid-covid-19-surge/

Chron link and local houston newspaper link with the same hospital quotes.

Sorry, no more. Khaos asked so I shared.
khaos288
AG
topher06 said:

khaos288 said:

Charlie Kelley said:

You've been pretty consistent in your message as well, at least from what I've seen.
I don't trust news sources from either side where every headline points out obvious political agenda. If you do, you're doing yourself a disservice. Genuinely wanting a second source for such a claim isn't a bad thing.

And you choose to see what you want. I give credit where it's due, and only want to make a bunch of money with my fellow ags.
txaggie_08
AG
khaos288 said:

Charlie Kelley said:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.khou.com/amp/article/news/health/coronavirus/houston-hospitals-ceo-provide-update-on-bed-capacity-amid-surge-in-covid-19-cases/285-a5178aa2-a710-49db-a107-1fd36cdf4cf3

This article has some encouraging quotes. In particular:
Quote:

"The spread is increasing and it's very concerning. However, our hospitals are okay and ready to manage this surge effectively and appropriately," said Dr. Doug Lawson, CEO of CHI St. Luke's Health, CHI. "The reality is our capacity to care for those patients significantly exceeds what we're staffing on any given day."

And to answer another poster's inquiry about our stance on this being tied to stocks (financial), I sold out of all positions about 3 weeks ago in anticipation of this, so it's not a stock price driven opinion. Perhaps employment driven, but I've been okay so far.

Edit: I've said my peace and I'll move on. Back to your regularly scheduled program.
Mister Cooper
AG
SPY is really battling $302

EDIT: nvm
khaos288
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

khaos288 said:

Charlie Kelley said:

https://www.chron.com/houston/article/TMC-leaders-Despite-rising-COVID-19-cases-15366132.php

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/coronavirus/2020/06/25/texas-medical-center-leadership-looks-to-assuage-icu-capacity-fears-amid-covid-19-surge/

Chron link and local houston newspaper link with the same hospital quotes.

Sorry, no more. Khaos asked so I shared.
Thank you sir! I don't think I was trying to be overly political. Just love multiple sources reporting things like that.

I know nowadays EVERYTHING is seen as political, but asking for multiple credible sources shouldn't be viewed as a political stance. It wasn't. Like I said I wanted to believe it. That's good news for the market, and for the state.
jj9000
AG
I mentioned this scenario about 200 pages ago in this thread.

This isn't the 2nd wave of this virus...we're just now entering the next phase of the original wave...and portions of our economy will continue to shut down. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

WRT Markets...we're in one of the biggest bubbles in history. I suggest trading accordingly.

I still don't think we've seen the extent of main street pain mirrored on Wall St.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
trying to decide whether to sell my MOMO 17p and go ahead and get assigned my 19p in hopes that it rebounds next week, or take the $200 hit (really $145) per contract and buy again monday.
Pretty sure I'll buy the shares regardless, so if I take the assignment my basis is 18.45. Same basis if I let my protection do it's thing and I am able to buy them Monday for $17. Of course if it gaps up Monday I will miss that rebound, but not being tied to the shares for the weekend has its advantages...
Betoisafurry
Absolutely, I didn't take it that way. Good to have more than one source.

Anyone still in MOMO 7/17's? I think I'm just going to ride the ship down with those. DCA is ~.56/c
deadbq03
AG
You guys are wasting your time and cluttering the thread.

When smart folks are politically biased, they're actually more likely than the general population to ignore facts and retain their biased positions. They have the capacity to do the mental gymnastics necessary to justify their position and protect their political identity. Everyone on here is pretty dang smart. We wouldn't be here if we weren't; therefore, no one is really going to convince anyone, if anything, you're more likely to just cause people to dig in their heels even more.

TLDR for most, but if you want to read a fascinating study on this:
https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1794/22105/833.pdf?
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

Anyone still in MOMO 7/17's? I think I'm just going to ride the ship down with those. DCA is ~.56/c
Here on MOMO 7/17's. Prob going to do the same.
McInnis 03
AG
What's the general opinion on FB right now? Reversion to mean candidate, or "she done and gone for awhile"?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
khaos288
AG
To get this convo back on track. Let's do a poll for the market sentiment in the room.

What's everyones cash percentage position? I'm ~75% cash and considering going even more.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Sold my DIS puts at $4.1. Now in SPOT 7/2 250C
TecRecAg
AG
Didn't think it would run higher? If you don't mind me asking, what did you get in at?
deadbq03
AG
khaos288 said:

To get this convo back on track. Let's do a poll for the market sentiment in the room.

What's everyones cash percentage position? I'm ~75% cash and considering going even more.
Does cash that's covering my puts count as cash? If so, I'm also majority cash.
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

What's the general opinion on FB right now? Reversion to mean candidate, or "she done and gone for awhile"?
From research I've done, everything could use a good pullback so any calls pre July 4th weekend is not a good idea.

The elliot wave guy I like, Trigger Trades, is predicting 2750 and a quick drop there and quick turnaround. I think Walrus is predicting 3000, we bounce and rocket.
TecRecAg
AG
I'm curious about this as well. When you guys say cash do you mean money that's sitting on the sidelines?

For example.. I don't have a margin account. Everything I do comes from my cash buying power. Buy calls and puts only. Does this make me 100% cash?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I paid 14.5 for them today. There was 1.1MM that came in on the options flow at $15. I'm watching the volume like a hawk to see if they sell them back in today. otherwise I'll hold them. I don't think I would mind being assigned them at $250 either and then sell covered calls against them until I get called out

If they get to $20, I'll sell 2/3s and keep 1/3 for possible assignment
McInnis 03
AG
Hey quants? TSLA outside bar on the 1st hour, hammer on the 2nd hour that closes in 5 minutes. Should it be looking for a retest of the upper range of the 1st bar?

B&I Key:
gougler08
AG
So LK will be delisted on Monday...for anyone bag holding just sell now or what would happen to shares?
txaggie_08
AG
khaos288 said:

100% cash other than 1 or 2 day/overnight trades a week just to be sure I don't get pegged as a Pattern Day Trader.
TecRecAg
AG
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was talking about your exit of DIS
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
maroon19 said:

SPY is really battling $302

EDIT: nvm
still true
TheVarian
AG
McInnis 03 said:

y'all. Stonks. If you want to talk COVID extended, go to the COVID forum. If you want to talk Politics, head over to the cess pool.

Stonks here. Buy stonks. Buy lots of stonks.

TecRecAg
AG
Yup. It'll break one way or the other after COVID task force news
fightintxag13
AG
The 200 dma seems to be pretty strong support. Every time we dropped through it in the last 2 weeks, we come right back above it. I keep buying stocks each time we get to it.
IrishTxAggie
AG
TecRecAg said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was talking about your exit of DIS
It could, but I'm in full scalping mode. It hit just above the demand pivot I was looking at, so I got out.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

Charlie Kelley said:

Here on MOMO 7/17's. Prob going to do the same.
It's getting bought pretty hard at $17, I think it runs soon.
Mister Cooper
AG
meant to edit my edit
Ogre09
AG
khaos288 said:

65% cash. The rest is in small cap stuff that never did bounce back much from the March fall off.
FrioAg 00
AG
25% cash

But my investment horizon is 10 years or more, so honestly I'm just waiting for another good dip to go back to All-In on equities

McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Hey quants? TSLA outside bar on the 1st hour, hammer on the 2nd hour that closes in 5 minutes. Should it be looking for a retest of the upper range of the 1st bar?
Might be GO time.

B&I Key:
McKinney Ag69
AG
Im about 40% cash. But I have some large limit orders placed for ONTX when it goes sub .50.
First Page Last Page
Page 1815 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.