Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,748 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jagvocate
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

McInnis 03 said:

So take this as a "it's worth what you paid for it" but I was relistening to a chapter in the book this morning and one of the factoids thrown at me was

Quote:

If the Trin closes below 0.6, the market has an 80% chance of selling off the next day.
If the Trin closes above 2.0, the market has an 80% chance of rallying the next day.
If after closing above 2.0 the markets can't rally the next day, a major sell off could be in store.

-John F. Carter, "Mastering the Trade"

Right now, the TRIN has made a BIG jump to 2.04.

Looks like we closed at 1.94?
I think some folks got an early start on the purchasing.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
aggiedaniel06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I've been watching AUDJPY and yes, it's coming down like a mofo. Your freinds having to pay their landlords already??
Que?
Grown Pear
AG
Would really love it if we could see a clear bottom soon. I'm ready to deploy the rest of my cash.
TxAG#2011
Took this trade it's been playing out near perfectly so far

AgEng06
AG
Grown Pear said:

Would really love it if we could see a clear bottom soon. I'm ready to deploy the rest of my cash.
KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED!
Brewmaster
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

ehrmantraut said:

TxAG#2011 said:

In my non expert opinion, we will revisit 270's or a ~50% retracement from here to last through the summer. Too many gains and too much dumb money flooding in for a 3 day retracement.

We could still have a blow off top but I'm not gonna risk it.

Not a chance
Still zero?
270's soon? yes, still zero. but I'm in cash fwiw!
aggiedaniel06
AG
Already have July calls.
McInnis 03
AG
Your old institutional buddies, wondering if they have to pay back their debts now...... ie: gotta put the money back where they got it from?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
AgShaun00
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Already have July calls.
try to buy shares after hours and can't on .VIX. What are you buying?
thirdcoast
AG
Not to get politcal, but Trump has gone from praising Powell as "most improved player" to criticizing his economic outlook. Powell got a bit defensive on the last question yesterday about creating an asset bubble and also widening wealth gap by propping up market. Maybe word got out that Fed/Treasury dry powder left on sideline might be a limit, with rest of stimulus coming out of Congress and 0 int rates.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Haha no, plenty more where that came from.

This looks like Money Flow. Keep an eye out on USDJPY. If it continues to plummet, money is moving out. You can also see this with the CHF.
Carlo4
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Haha no, plenty more where that came from.

This looks like Money Flow. Keep an eye out on USDJPY. If it continues to plummet, money is moving out. You can also see this with the CHF.
That is one heck of an indicator. I will be watching it from now on... thank you!
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
thirdcoast
59 South
AG
Well at least I can get more GBP with my USD now. Last transfer was a few weeks ago in the $1.21s.
Swollen Thumb
AG
tam2002 said:

I've been looking for a good time to get in the new online betting BETZ etf and I've got to imagine now is the time? Anyone else in this?
I looked into this with interest, but held when I noticed its holding are not all online gaming stocks. Quite a bit of traditional gaming stocks in the portfolio (MGM etc).
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Already have July calls.
which instrument do you buy?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
thirdcoast
AG
Last bunch of SPY 312 6/15 calls hit at .85
Near close also jumped in same TSN and ROKU calls posted here....let's go!
59 South
AG
If we get a good bounce tomorrow I'll probably sell out of a couple swing trades to lock in gains. I was so close to sell targets but still good swings. JD from 34 and SQ from 63.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I feel like we have to get a bounce tomorrow.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

tam2002 said:

I've been looking for a good time to get in the new online betting BETZ etf and I've got to imagine now is the time? Anyone else in this?
I looked into this with interest, but held when I noticed its holding are not all online gaming stocks. Quite a bit of traditional gaming stocks in the portfolio (MGM etc).
I was disappointed it wasn't all electronic/online gaming stocks as well. Seems dumb to include physical gaming stocks, as those are somewhat competitors. In the long run, the more that the electronic/web gaming stocks do, the worse I would imagine stocks like MGM would do.
aggiedaniel06
AG
AgShaun00 said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Already have July calls.
try to buy shares after hours and can't on .VIX. What are you buying?
Call options on the VIX.

The VIX itself cannot be traded. You can trade derivative instruments like the VXX or leveraged ones like UVXY and TVIX. You can also trade options on these.

EDIT: To be even more specific, you can trade futures on the VIX.
59 South
AG
Yea the first time I was here it was around 1.60 and sucked. Was traveling here previously for work and saw as high as about 1.75. Was here for the Brexit vote and loved the tanking GBP. March low was around 1.15 and there was and still is speculation that it could eventually get to 1:1. Would be amazing for me being paid in USD.
12thMan86
AG
John Carter thinks we bounce tomorrow, but of course has no clue if it will last. I had 10 x 305/300 Put Debit expiring tomorrow on for .75 from earlier this week that I just wrote off, and damn it came back to life today!

Again have done well with Credit spreads. Didn't get greedy, got out at 75% max profit...TSLA, SHOP. Before both dropped.
12thMan86
AG
LULU misses. Down 6% AH. Revenue and earnings. It's up a lot last few weeks, could get hit tomorrow.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Futures and options on the VIX.
Carlo4
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I feel like we have to get a bounce tomorrow.
I'm playing that as well. Sold my 400 shares each in SQQQ and SPXS. Looking back at charts in feb/march, we had a massive up day in volatility, following by the dead cat bounce day, followed by continued selling.

Not saying that will repeat exactly, but volatility typically alternated days up and down. With any luck, maybe I'll have another shot at TVIX under 200 again.

However, this could be a bubble pop and is going down no matter what fast....
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
thirdcoast said:

Last bunch of SPY 312 6/15 calls hit at .85

I picked up one for 1.07 earlier in the day and set an order for another at .8 and it filled like 5 minutes to close
Not gonna get greedy with these...gap up tomorrow I'm out
59 South
AG
This drop was too drastic to ignore. Like Irish said previous support levels were useless today. That is a bad sign for a sustained bounce back and this being a blip. This looks more like the repeating drops from middle of March. Each of the 4 or 5 bounced back bigly the next day just to crater the next.

Each of the next days closed higher than the open of the massive down day. Could see a bounce back to SPY 315 or so tomorrow. And then I'd GTFO of everything including 401k and all cause we'd we would be going sideways for a while at best with better chance of W recovery.

Different dynamics of course and getting back above 8 and 21 EMAs would appear bullish. Not easy to read at all with this tape imo.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
12thMan86 said:

LULU misses. Down 6% AH. Revenue and earnings. It's up a lot last few weeks, could get hit tomorrow.
They've been ripping. I wanted to buy puts but they were too buku. If they get slaughtered tomorrow I will probably pick up some shares, I think they are a powerhouse as far as loyalty and innovation. Wish I'd just held onto the shares I sold at 199...
tam2002
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Swollen Thumb said:

tam2002 said:

I was disappointed it wasn't all electronic/online gaming stocks as well. Seems dumb to include physical gaming stocks, as those are somewhat competitors. In the long run, the more that the electronic/web gaming stocks do, the worse I would imagine stocks like MGM would do.

MGM has an online presence but I get your point. The main holdings are gonna be the big players like Draftkings and fan duel and the tech that's supports them. I just look at it as a real possibility for growth with gambling becoming more legalized across the US. We'll see how it goes
Boat Shoes
AG
59 South said:

This drop was too drastic to ignore. Like Irish said previous support levels were useless today. That is a bad sign for a sustained bounce back and this being a blip. This looks more like the repeating drops from middle of March. Each of the 4 or 5 bounced back bigly the next day just to crater the next.

Each of the next days closed higher than the open of the massive down day. Could see a bounce back to SPY 315 or so tomorrow. And then I'd GTFO of everything including 401k and all cause we'd we would be going sideways for a while at best with better chance of W recovery.

Different dynamics of course and getting back above 8 and 21 EMAs would appear bullish. Not easy to read at all with this tape imo.

If everyone is looking for the pop to exit, doesn't that make it really hard for the pop to actually happen??? I'm looking for a pop to trim long exposure as well. As if seems are all of you.
Baby Billy
AG
59 South said:

Could see a bounce back to SPY 315 or so tomorrow. And then I'd GTFO of everything including 401k.

I couldn't let this go. This is horrible advice.

Not really the thread for this discussion, but..... make drastic moves with your play money all you want, but I've seen so many people blow up their entire retirement income plan by trying to do it in their 401ks or IRA's with their whole nest egg.

You may be fine, but others on this thread won't be if they take that advice
McInnis 03
AG
Not sure what to make of USDJPY because we're printing it faster than we can make the paper. AUDJPY can't stop won't stop though and that's a bit concerning.

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 1738 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.