Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,115,143 Views | 224619 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by oldarmy1
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Y'all still into BBOX? Entry point at $1.51 now.
oldarmy1
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Y'all still into BBOX? Entry point at $1.51 now.

I'm sitting at $1.50 and got 100% filled. Well ok
oldarmy1
AG
Interesting on RRTS. Someone os buying calls at 25 cents. I messed around buying a couple thousand additional shares and sold $2.50 August Calls against them as a heat check.

So that 2k shares makes $700 if above $2 50 or reduces shares by 25 cents. I like that for any smaller traders.
gougler08
AG
Anyone know what's dragging tech down today, or is it just the tech stocks I'm in?
oldarmy1
AG
Closed out those BAC calls
gougler08
AG
TWTR really testing that bottom resistance level right now
leoj
AG
Fell through I'm guessing?
gougler08
AG
leoj said:

Fell through I'm guessing?
Yeah, I had resistance somewhere around $42 so it seems to have gone through
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

AVEO under $2 has been the gift that just keeps on giving. Two trades under $2. First one sells at $2.94 and 2nd at $2.75. If these work to over $2.75 the ROI beats the S&P over last 2 decades, all in the span of a few months.

Appreciate pointing it out!
OA, is there any option play here or best to just buy straight stocks at or under $2 and ride the waves?
oldarmy1
AG
Don't see any options with premiums attractive enough to warrant entry.

IF you tossed a naked Put sale on the $2 strike Sept 21 at say $0.50 cents and got filled you havw an entry net at $1.50 or make the $50/contract.

Ask is at 70 cents and there are no bidders
oldarmy1
AG
BTW folks....the DOW has come back into the curve on the rounded top. Not ideal.
oldarmy1
AG
I've been buying RRTS all afternoon.
gougler08
AG
Today has been a pretty meh day for my portfolio considering the DOW has been 150+ all day
AggiePeeps06
AG
Tech stocks getting hammered. I'm down almost 2%
oldarmy1
AG
S&P has a double top intraday at 2817. Would get some share movement across the board if that was taken out.
oldarmy1
AG
This is why I went in to plant JD as a long term holding. I agree with a lot of his modeling. Only thing is JD chart is right at recent support and needs to hold.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4189493-jd-com-wonderful-company-wonderful-price
oldarmy1
AG
2816.50 1st attempt fell back 2813.65. 2nd attempt now 2816.74 trying. You can see the resistance.
oldarmy1
AG
Bounced off again. Clear battle lines drawn. 4th minute of 2816.75
oldarmy1
AG
Broke it
oldarmy1
AG
And... quickly failed.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Back on the rise.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

This is why I went in to plant JD as a long term holding. I agree with a lot of his modeling. Only thing is JD chart is right at recent support and needs to hold.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4189493-jd-com-wonderful-company-wonderful-price

I'll feel a lot better about my medium to long term position if it holds this resistance of $35 or so...
oldarmy1
AG
Yeah $35 key on JD.

BTW, CHK had big seller again. Dropped from its highs all the way to retest below $4.50. Largest minute trade occurred right there. I can only assume we have a large short seller trying to break that support line but big buyers absorbed all 700k shares and it creeped back up to end positive.

What we want to see is a short squeeze like CLF got.
Ranger222
AG
Think its best to just sit on hands for a while. All the charts I was watching looked fantastic yesterday/30 minutes today and then the bottom fell out. TWTR a good example. Best thing might be to let earnings play out and even a couple weeks into August before repositioning. August usually a pretty dead month for the markets anyway. Come back right before September and see where things are
oldarmy1
AG
Just to keep tabs on the $100 magnet approach. OLED reached and popped above it before getting swept down with the slow decline most of the afternoon. I had $95 covered calls set to sell that were filled, as well as a 10% liquidation of holdings.

One of my favorite strategies.
oldarmy1
AG
CHK is 2nd highest short on NYSE. Down 7% from last public info but it is obvious that short sellers have been working over the stock trying to break the $4.50 area major support.

https://247wallst.com/investing/2018/07/25/the-6-most-shorted-nyse-stocks-in-july-rite-aid-alibaba-buck-the-trend/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2FRyNm+%2824%2F7+Wall+St.%29

Another thing I want to make sure everyone sees, and that is the fact that CHK has gone from a pullback on trending higher to now form a technical head and shoulders.

A breakdown of this current support battle would give shorts momentum and its hard to know how much of a selloff would occur prior to finding next major support.

I am selling some $4.50 covered calls against a good portion of shares out to September. If bulls prevail and shares break higher these covered calls = $4.94 sale price. That means I can buy any shares below that on confirming shorts failed and come out smiling.

If shorts prevail then those calls gain me 44 cents per share so $4.04 net from current levels.

Never let shorts win the war!
gougler08
AG
GM and Boeing don't hit numbers and drag down the DOW futures pretty strongly to start the morning
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

GM and Boeing don't hit numbers and drag down the DOW futures pretty strongly to start the morning

And GM blaming tariffs is a weak copout. If a major company like GM doesn't have their material requirements locked in at least 3 quarters in advance then I'll tell you a CEO who needs to be replaced.

BTW....Trump is likely to propose slashing tariffs on auto's across the board. GM could reverse and end up higher after its all saod and done.
SlackerAg
AG
EU flew to meet at White House to talk tariffs, that's a good sign if they came here...if any good news comes out today, the market will pop.
oldarmy1
AG
Another point of knowledge is regarding short clearing. You'll read on that CHK report that they project it would take around 6 days for all that volume of shorts to cover.

That's why when you catch a short squeeze move you should always have a plan around day 5 on exiting or hedging.

Look at CLF. It squeezed shorts and lasted 5 days. I own that and sold on day 5 opening pop. Simultaneously I bought Sept $10 Puts.

I expect a 35-50% retracement as the clueless of the move being short covering get drained out as it moves lower.
59 South
AG
OA, I've been sitting on some cash waiting to enter CHK. I'm thinking starting with half here just under 4.50 and then adding the other half when it drops further 4.20-4.25 or up over 4.70. Agree or should I just drop it all in now?
oldarmy1
AG
59 South said:

OA, I've been sitting on some cash waiting to enter CHK. I'm thinking starting with half here just under 4.50 and then adding the other half when it drops further 4.20-4.25 or up over 4.70. Agree or should I just drop it all in now?

Wouldn't enter here. Support broke and shorts want to get paid now. Expect $4 tested for first entry.
59 South
AG
Thanks. Looks like it broke as I was typing! Good timing
oldarmy1
AG
Hopefully I'm not giving out reads and strategies for my own benefit!

I would rather a new entry wait for $4.50 close showing shorts got rebuffed than buy after a technical break close to $4.50.

If you have options ability you could always sell a naked $4 Put if CHK gets close to $4.25.

Go out to Sept at that point those should be around 50 cents. That gives you $3.75 if executed or you make $50/contract if it stays above $4.
59 South
AG
Gotcha. I only have covered call options access (for now).
First Page Last Page
Page 169 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.