Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,064,165 Views | 224404 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by GreasenUSA
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CRM green.

They always want to make it look as bad as they can into support. Write that down and remember it!
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
McInnis 03
AG
Most of the inside indicators for the market are screaming chop today.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
khaos288
AG
Wow hit my first sell already. 20% Roku 6/19 125C
IrishTxAggie
AG
ROKU 6/12 100C getting big buys. ITM, so less risk
AgShaun00
AG
OA,

What is your stance on Gold and silver? Especially if you are selling out if SPY hit 313. If the market starts to love value, will people move more into gold and silver. I been on a hell of a run on my G/S stocks.
jeromePOWell
AG
Not related to current conversation but something interesting:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=market%20crash&geo=US

Total relative searches for "market crash" in google over the last 12 months maybe not any better than anything else you're reading, but most recently the spike from Feb 23rd-29th could have been a red flag to get out quick.

It gets harder to gauge if there's any early indication value on the larger time frames because your data points wind up spanning the entire drawback, but if you look specifically at certain event time-frames it does appear to be a decent predictive indicator. And it doesn't appear to make a lot of false indications for normal upwards channel variation
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Good grief, that's 85 delta. They believe!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
jeromePOWell said:

Not related to current conversation but something interesting:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=market%20crash&geo=US

Total relative searches for "market crash" in google over the last 12 months maybe not any better than anything else you're reading, but most recently the spike from Feb 23rd-29th could have been a red flag to get out quick.

It gets harder to gauge if there's any early indication value on the larger time frames because your data points wind up spanning the entire drawback, but if you look specifically at certain event time-frames it does appear to be a decent predictive indicator. And it doesn't appear to make a lot of false indications for normal upwards channel variation
Interesting. The book I'm in endorses watching the AUDJPY carry trade as a leading indicator of a big selloff. Right now, AUDJPY is still strong upward.

B&I Key:
ProgN
I think I read your stock post on the tears thread just a minute ago.
khaos288
AG
ROKU finally found some sellers
Aggies1322
AG
khaos288 said:

I was almost one of them.. but I feel like it has a bit more to go.
BrokeAssAggie
Oops
McInnis 03
AG
Aggies1322 said:

khaos288 said:

Hold tight, it's just getting started.

EDIT: Shame on me for not qualifying that statement.

The C-wave is positive, the A-wave is positive, and we are two bars into a 30 min squeeze firing off (and 4 bars into the 15min squeeze firing off). These things all play into what would normally be bullish upward movement.

B&I Key:
khaos288
AG
Aggies1322 said:

khaos288 said:

I'll hop out so the rally can continue. Paid for my new driver.
Aggies1322
AG
Did we get an exit point for CRM?
Bird Poo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Can you please interpret this? I just bought my first call option last week and trying to understand.

Someone is buying call options on ROKU that expire June 12. What does the 100C mean?

Appreciate the education!
Aggies1322
AG
PearlJammin said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Can you please interpret this? I just bought my first call option last week and trying to understand.

Someone is buying call options on ROKU that expire June 12. What does the 100C mean?

100c is the strike price.. $100 c is for call.
IrishTxAggie
AG
PearlJammin said:

IrishTxAggie said:

June 12th $100 calls. They purchased calls that were ITM (in the money). The buyers laid down mid six figures on the orders
McInnis 03
AG
100c = 100 call, expiration June 12.

This is an in the money call, with a delta of about 85 I think....every dollar ROKU moves up, this option will go up about $.85 so the price change ties closely to the stock price change. Usually someone buys this when they want to take advantage of what they think is going to be upward price action with a bit of cushion involved. Being ITM gives it better relation to movement in the underlying's price.

B&I Key:
Aggies1322
AG
McInnis throwing the whole playbook at him.
jeromePOWell
AG
Where exactly do you track this? Or is it more to do with the exchange rates? The more complex nature makes me think that will be more indicative of what the institutional investors are doing.

The google trends are a little bit difficult to analyze on a shorter term since the data is all relative. But looking at it from Jan 1 to March 30th this year it still looks like the search spike led the major drop and any volatility in searches was a good indicator that the bottom was still coming.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2020-01-01%202020-03-30&geo=US&q=market%20crash

At any rate, it's another tab to keep permanently open in my browser.
oldarmy1
AG
AgShaun00 said:

OA,

What is your stance on Gold and silver? Especially if you are selling out if SPY hit 313. If the market starts to love value, will people move more into gold and silver. I been on a hell of a run on my G/S stocks.
In reality G&S are end of world holdings. Market fluctuations get some pop (Like CDE, SLV and the others today) but never sustain.
Talon2DSO
AG
wanderer
Dumb followup question, but what would be the advantage of buying a call that's so deep ITM as opposed to buying a share of the stock outright?
0708aggie
AG
Less risk. With calls your downside is limited to the premium you paid for the option.
oldarmy1
AG
AMBA
oldarmy1
AG
wanderer said:

Dumb followup question, but what would be the advantage of buying a call that's so deep ITM as opposed to buying a share of the stock outright?
Not a thing. It's tying up thousands of dollars versus maybe a few thousand to leverage thousands of shares.
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I went ahead and sold 1/4 at $3. Will sell 1/2 at $3.50 like you mentioned (I know you said 80% here), and then hold the last 1/4 to see where it runs.
McInnis 03
AG
jeromePOWell said:

Where exactly do you track this? Or is it more to do with the exchange rates? The more complex nature makes me think that will be more indicative of what the institutional investors are doing.

The google trends are a little bit difficult to analyze on a shorter term since the data is all relative. But looking at it from Jan 1 to March 30th this year it still looks like the search spike led the major drop and any volatility in searches was a good indicator that the bottom was still coming.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2020-01-01%202020-03-30&geo=US&q=market%20crash

At any rate, it's another tab to keep permanently open in my browser.
There are tons of places to track forex, but AUDJPY is the cornerstone of carry trade. The behavior is valid on a intraday basis all the way to medium term basis'.

https://www.dailyfx.com/aud-jpy

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
AMBA new high on the day
McInnis 03
AG
wanderer said:

Far less capital required to get the same net effect. With an option being 100 shares vs the amount of capital ot load up on 100 shares of stock per equivalent contract value.

B&I Key:
IrishTxAggie
AG
SQ bust through 82.4. LETS GO!!!
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Aggies1322 said:

khaos288 said:

Hold tight, it's just getting started.

EDIT: Shame on me for not qualifying that statement.

The C-wave is positive, the A-wave is positive, and we are two bars into a 30 min squeeze firing off (and 4 bars into the 15min squeeze firing off). These things all play into what would normally be bullish upward movement.
Who TF are you and what did you do with our McInnis?
E
AG
Flag forming on MTCH?
First Page Last Page
Page 1644 of 6412

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.