Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,066,622 Views | 224413 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by GreasenUSA
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Exited the fly for a double up even though it was outside the money range. I'll take it.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
ok, now i'm demoralized.
Mr President Elect
AG
gotta quit following the roku weekly's. getting slaughtered on those
UpstateAg
AG
We have all weekend for China to retaliate.
texagbeliever
texagbeliever said:

My thoughts on what happened today:

1. Algos had a triggered sale with the tweet on Trump giving a message to China.
2. Human traders had 2 choices
A. Fight the algo sell off (unlikely because it is now bears + algos vs bulls)
B. Sell into it hard and trigger retail traders to sell or hit their stop losses.
3. Today plan b was executed. This allowed the opportunity for big money to absorb shares at discount prices. Bears might have seen the opportunity to cash in their shorts and flip sides.
4. To prevent a bigger selloff and crushing the newly acquired discounted shares big money bulls fought to keep close to the index at close.

5. This sets us up for an interesting friday.
A. Market opens close to flat and trends down early. Trump's message isnt too critical and the market sees a quick rebound to 305.
B. Market opens up down a percent or 2. It keeps a tight band up and down before breaking up following Trumps press conference. Close around 303 or 304

So close.
Rice and Fries
RUBI and GLD bringing me into green for the week. Happy bout that.
Grown Pear
AG
WOW!! Watching my AAPL 320 covered call was nerve racking to say the least. It was hovering around 320-321 with 10 minutes left and luckily we saw a dip down. Was so close to buying it back to close but let it ride to the end. 317.50 would have been called but the 320 was safe and pocketed 2.11 in premium from yesterday.

topher06
AH SPY up to $305.25. Doesn't mean much, but feels good to see the rally continue.
ProgN
59 South said:

In! How about the Hippodrome in London when it opens back up?!?
I'm in the middle of a vicious divorce and custody battle for my son, Europe is off the table for me for at least a year.

Vegas or Louisiana is more my neighborhood until I deal with this issue. Good lawyers are EXPENSIVE! Hell, I wouldn't put it past them watching the stocks I trade.
Spaceship
AG
I sold a bunch today and went from about only 20% cash to 60% cash in my portfolio. I've made good money lately and content watching more from the sidelines now. The rapid recovery has me a little uneasy on where we're headed the next couple weeks.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
UpstateAg said:

Retaliate for what? cutting WHO funding is not a strong move. China can see right through his bluff, and they probably expected HK would get the same treatment as the rest of China if they made it the same as Beijing. At the end of it all, China knows Trump won't do anything and so does the market.
ProgN
willjohnathan said:

gotta quit following the roku weekly's. getting slaughtered on those
ROKU weeklies can be dangerous.

JMO, if you want a lotto play, look for July or later $150c.

ROKU is lining up for a "golden cross" and if it happens, you'll be rewarded for your minimal investment and patience.
oldarmy1
AG
topher06 said:

AH SPY up to $305.25. Doesn't mean much, but feels good to see the rally continue.
$305.59
ProgN
UpstateAg said:

There will be no retaliation.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
agreed.
UpstateAg
AG
Retaliate for loving freedom.

It was a joke. I'm more demoralized than you. Missed Tesla and I'm carrying a short on nflx into the weekend.
topher06
I'll see your $305.59 and raise to $305.74. Hope you held onto that 307 call, would probably make that trade a grand slam on Monday (you mentioned you already cashed puts at least twice on the same trade).
0708aggie
AG
OA when are you starting your hedge fund. I have money that needs to come your way.

tramaro1
AG
UpstateAg said:

I watched Tesla all freaking day. Finally go to get dinner groceries and it goes insane.

I got a $900 call for next week on that last pullback, hopefully that baby runs.
McInnis 03
AG
tramaro1 said:

UpstateAg said:

I watched Tesla all freaking day. Finally go to get dinner groceries and it goes insane.

I got a $900 call for next week on that last pullback, hopefully that baby runs.
The pro traders I've been paying attention went really bullish on TSLA today.

The head guy bought Vertical Call Spreads of 850/900 and sold credit put spreads of 800/790.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

OA when are you starting your hedge fund. I have money that needs to come your way.

When I sell all companies I'm going to open an education and trading service. This forum has been the testing grounds.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
UpstateAg said:

Retaliate for loving freedom.

It was a joke. I'm more demoralized than you. Missed Tesla and I'm carrying a short on nflx into the weekend.
not a competition, but as usual, going to try to ignore emotion a bit longer. hope monday goes well for you.
59 South
AG
This test rat has made off like a bandit over the past couple of years on your recs. If you went hedge fund route I'd toss in a couple hundred K+ without blinking.
oldarmy1
AG
59 South said:

This test rat has made off like a bandit over the past couple of years on your recs. If you went hedge fund route I'd toss in a couple hundred K+ without blinking.
So much paperwork....
topher06
Spy tops $306
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

0708aggie said:

When I sell all companies I'm going to open an education and trading service. This forum has been the testing grounds.
Let me know if you need a half time show. I can be the jester, slam dunking, trapeze guy.

B&I Key:
claym711
AG
Start a fund. <$100mm is fairly unregulated and if your performance is anywhere near what it's portrayed you can charge 2/35. You can get a LLC + LP, and PPM for minimal cost, and 3rd party accounting while you're small for <$2k/mo.

Trading services are run by ppl that can't perform, at least not sustainably.
Lavender Gooms
AG
Got in on an $860 for next week. Looking good so far!
khaos288
AG
claym711 said:

Start a fund. <$100mm is fairly unregulated and if your performance is anywhere near what it's portrayed you can charge 2/35. You can get a LLC + LP, and PPM for minimal cost, and 3rd party accounting while you're small for <$2k/mo.

But zero risk to start a trading service to test the waters. Capital investment of zero to grow a base is silly to pass up. Not to mention trading services are hot right now. Winners are bound to emerge. Too early to make judgement on an entire sector of the industry that's so young.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

0708aggie said:

Whoop! I'm in!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
likewise, i would pay.
oldarmy1
AG
So a different kind of trading service.
BrokeAssAggie
Me three. It will be pretty difficult for me to watch the market all day once I'm back in the office full time with meetings, phone callas, etc.
claym711
AG
khaos288 said:

claym711 said:

But zero risk to start a trading service to test the waters. Capital investment of zero to grow a base is silly to pass up. Not to mention trading services are hot right now. Winners are bound to emerge. Too early to make judgement on an entire sector of the industry that's so young.

These have been around since before the internet, it's not a new industry. None survive with a big following for long. Similar to hedge funds in that regard. Just seem more prevalent now because of the massive influx of retail traders that came with $0 fee trading and the pandemic.

I agree it's a less risky business approach to harvesting performance fees. Much lower ceiling though.
jbeck3487
AG
oldarmy1 said:

0708aggie said:

If you want an apprentice, protege, padawan, or whatever you want to call it, I'll volunteer as tribute.
First Page Last Page
Page 1635 of 6412

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.