Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,093,704 Views | 224505 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Chef Elko
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Took a lotto on NFLX for tomorrow's 425C when it was at 419......
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
TecRecAg
AG
I just lowballed the hell out of a Dec 5C at 0.20. I'll let you know if it makes it. ha.

Before I put mine in, 0.10 bid, 3.90 ask
gig em 02
fightintxag13 said:

So I'm net free on my ZEST that I still have. I REALLY want to take some off, but I'm holding these for the lawsuit outcome.

I just went net free, bought in under $1 and can't justify that amount of risk on a reddit rumor, one day I hope I can
ProgN
59 South
AG
Last chart on V and I'm out. Daily showing gap back to 2/21. This breakout has no resistance until about 199. Gap fill is 207.57 and is in play in the next week or 2 if macro stays strong.

OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
oldarmy1
AG
OverSeas AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

Potential double top on SPY. Two clear rejection candles above $305. Break it and we run. Otherwise see if trend gets broken. Good time to hedge and seal some profits on good winners.
So when you want to hedge on something like this. Do you buy puts that expire tomorrow or next week? And what range do you typically buy in? $5 below current/$10 below current? Etc

I am still getting my head around hedging strategies.
I go with the cheapest Puts I can buy expiring close because intraday can be broken, like what happened so my loss on the Puts is miniscule to the gains on the breakout.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
0708aggie
AG
120C for 6/5 are at 0.75
0708aggie
AG
RUBI needs to bounce off the 6.66 bad juju. Preferably higher.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OverSeas AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

Potential double top on SPY. Two clear rejection candles above $305. Break it and we run. Otherwise see if trend gets broken. Good time to hedge and seal some profits on good winners.
So when you want to hedge on something like this. Do you buy puts that expire tomorrow or next week? And what range do you typically buy in? $5 below current/$10 below current? Etc

I go with the cheapest Puts I can buy expiring close because intraday can be broken, like what happened so my loss on the Puts is miniscule to the gains on the breakout.
I seem to be getting the hang of this by trial by fire...have bought and sold SPY calls about 4 times this week at big gains each time. Buy on the dip of the day, sell the next day on a rip. Got 4x on it today...
bought a SPY 300P as a hedge on the rip yesterday (cheap). It will expire worthless if we keep ripping, but so what! Made a killing on the calls.

My other holds are 6/19 exp and are just marinating for now. Sold 1 DT today to go net free.
leoj
AG
6/19 $10 call flow for COMM. 5G/telecom product company getting over its 21ema on above average volume
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Just went net free on V.
TecRecAg
AG
I've said this a few times now, but a special thanks to everyone on this thread.

I started my E*Trade account shortly after the shut down cancelled my trip to Vegas. I figured I'd put $2k in and use it like gambling money. On my own stupidity it got as low as $1,400. Now, after a few weeks on this thread I'm back over $2K plus a bit more.
claym711
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OverSeas AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

What is the benefit of the puts over volume managing your long-term longs proportionately to the benefit of the put hedge? Put losses are limited whereas long-term long upside is theoretically unlimited, I guess?
YNWA_AG
AG
Sold all my extra purchases that I bought at .60 yesterday. Holding my intiial .70 entry still
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Took a lotto on NFLX for tomorrow's 425C when it was at 419......
sorry I bought some calls
Knife Wrench
AG
TecRecAg said:

I've said this a few times now, but a special thanks to everyone on this thread.

I started my E*Trade account shortly after the shut down cancelled my trip to Vegas. I figured I'd put $2k in and use it like gambling money. On my own stupidity it got as low as $1,400. Now, after a few weeks on this thread I'm back over $2K plus a bit more.
I'd like to echo this - started my account mid March and now up 80% while having a blast learning and feeling the ups & downs of it all. Thanks to all those posting their thoughts and teaching when they can!
cgh1999
AG
Just bought a handful of options on the stock that is not to be named. Jan 2022 (18 months away). $1 strike for $1.60/each.
EVA3
AG
Prognightmare said:

So, Model T?
Baby Billy
AG
V 200's exploding
fightintxag13
AG
TecRecAg
AG
ehrmantraut said:

V 200's exploding
shhhhhhhhhhhhh
EVA3
AG
ehrmantraut said:

V 200's exploding
I left money on the table but I'm not complaining.
gig em 02
gig em 02 said:

fightintxag13 said:

So I'm net free on my ZEST that I still have. I REALLY want to take some off, but I'm holding these for the lawsuit outcome.

I just went net free, bought in under $1 and can't justify that amount of risk on a reddit rumor, one day I hope I can

5 minutes too early!
khaos288
AG
ehrmantraut said:

V 200's exploding

Hit my limit for stops yesterday of course
MavsAg
AG
Usually when I'm this deep in V it's me exploding.
2percent
AG
A few of the new guys on this thread ask for information on options and i just got an email from TD ameritrade on some virtual classes that are free if they want to sit in. So if you have an account- check them out. these are the subjects and dates:

Virtual Options Strategies workshop

6/1/20 Part 1: Options Basics + Greeks
Build a solid understanding of options so you can begin practicing different strategies.

6/2/20 Part 2: Covered Calls
Discover how covered calls could help you benefit from different types of trends.

6/3/20 Part 3: Cash-Secured Puts
Learn how to potentially buy a stock below market price by trading short puts.

6/4/20 Part 4: Short Put Verticals
Find ways to diversify the strategies in your portfolio.

Each session runs from 8:00pm to 9:30pm ET.

cisgenderedAggie
ehrmantraut said:

V 200's exploding

Net free with 8% gain realized. This thread is awesome.
djmeen95
AG
ZEST is going INSANE today
cisgenderedAggie
59 South said:

Last chart on V and I'm out. Daily showing gap back to 2/21. This breakout has no resistance until about 199. Gap fill is 207.57 and is in play in the next week or 2 if macro stays strong.

If this is the case, what's the thought on 205c for 6/12?
BearkatRunner88
AG
djmeen95 said:

ZEST is going INSANE today

Anyone know why? I'd really like to take some off and wait for the next rug pull but damn...
tam2002
AG
Knife Wrench said:

TecRecAg said:

I'd like to echo this - started my account mid March and now up 80% while having a blast learning and feeling the ups & downs of it all. Thanks to all those posting their thoughts and teaching when they can!
Me too. I got in just in time for all the LADR fun and am now up close to 10k. Still learning those as evidence of my selling my ZEST position 2 days ago. Blah
jsap
OA, what's your exit point for HAL?
thanks
Baby Billy
AG
Sold my ZEST yesterday at $1.49 for 60% gain
First Page Last Page
Page 1621 of 6415

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.