Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,087,958 Views | 224474 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by EliteZags
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MOMO with reversal harami if holds around here today.
khaos288
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Are they not uncertain?
Threw a little stock in the retirement account.
Brewmaster
AG
ehrmantraut said:

sooo any news on ZEST? Bought at $0.95 and we're up to about $1.50 now
honestly don't know, but I did read that their trial is held up with Covid (still). I sold this morning, watching for a dip to get back in. If you look at the last pattern, it got shorted hard after running to 1.50's.
oldarmy1
AG
Better turn this slow selling around or we're going to end up with a shooting star on macro markets
Carlo4
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Better turn this slow selling around or we're going to end up with a shooting star on macro markets

Bounced off 200 day average, but yeah I hear ya.
IrishTxAggie
AG

These people know some stuff too
EngrAg14
AG
Not as good at the macro signals, is MSFT forming the bottom end of the Cup/handlen from the daily chart through feburary?
stxag8
AG
Puts most likely a hedge?
McInnis 03
AG
WING has $650K on the 6/19 130c, and it's been on a nice uptrend, but consolidating a few days. I'm in.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Rice and Fries
I have a question.....

I have 200 shares left of AVEO that are up significantly. I sold two June $9 covered calls back when the stock was around $7. Its now up to $10+ and the calls will be exercised assuming we close in the money.

Would I be able to buy the $9 puts on the same expiry to cancel out the calls and still be able to offload my shares of AVEO today? They are up 150% for me right now and I'd just like to take the profits and buy some more RUBI or something.

Just not sure how to get out of the covered calls without having to pay to buy them back.
oldarmy1
AG
The stock whose name shall not be named is right at upper resistance.
Spaceship
AG
What do you guys think about SQ at $80 or $81 as a long entry point?
McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
cptthunder
Bob Knights Liver said:

GRMN
https://f5s-img.s3.amazonaws.com/000/6f/c4/6fc49ae2c88954fb771f7a5dbc315d3f254aa3f0_48067_u126183.jpg
This one looks like it tried to breakout to the high side at the end of April and to the low side in mid May. I noticed the two big green candles on April 19 and May 17 - is that a potential indicator this could break out at least above the $86.89 200d WMA?

Thanks for looking at this and your thoughts too. Im a little stumped right now with how the whole market has jumped today to take action or wait and see if there is any pull back on this to get in. GRMN did almost touch the 200d WMA again and initially pulled back so im going to continue to monitor and see if volume builds to break though

Thanks again
Aggie_2463
AG
Well after today my 401k will be back in the green YTD.

McInnis 03
AG
Irish....

B&I Key:
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

WING has $650K on the 6/19 130c, and it's been on a nice uptrend, but consolidating a few days. I'm in.
thanks for posting, I'm watching this one for entry into those 130c's
IrishTxAggie
AG
I don't like BA right now
AgOutsideAustin
AG
This market blows. No falling knives, no chance to screw up by buying on the way down, clear bottom has been established.
gougler08
AG
PRTY having a day
AgShaun00
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Irish....

both duck and manic have calls for BA
FishrCoAg
AG
Rice and Fries said:

I have a question.....

I have 200 shares left of AVEO that are up significantly. I sold two June $9 covered calls back when the stock was around $7. Its now up to $10+ and the calls will be exercised assuming we close in the money.

Would I be able to buy the $9 puts on the same expiry to cancel out the calls and still be able to offload my shares of AVEO today? They are up 150% for me right now and I'd just like to take the profits and buy some more RUBI or something.

Just not sure how to get out of the covered calls without having to pay to buy them back.

Buying the calls back is the only way to get out of them. That's the downside to them, if the stock runs past them you miss those gains.
AgShaun00
AG
JPM is blowing up.
Rice and Fries
FishrCoAg said:

Rice and Fries said:

I have a question.....

Buying the calls back is the only way to get out of them. That's the downside to them, if the stock runs past them you miss those gains.
ok. Thanks!
AgShaun00
AG
Rice and Fries said:

FishrCoAg said:

Rice and Fries said:

I have a question.....

ok. Thanks!
I have two cover calls that are running too much, TLRY and XOM. Trying to decide to buy back at a loss or just take the profit and rebuy shares on a pullback
oldarmy1
AG
RUBI volume spike new highs
Square Pair
AG
Wait I'm missing a key piece and want to make sure I understand.

So I'm reading this as if you buy an uncovered call for stock XXX at $5.00 call price with a $1.00 premium, once that stock hits $6.01 (or higher) - you lose money?
FishrCoAg
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Rice and Fries said:

FishrCoAg said:

Rice and Fries said:

I have a question.....

ok. Thanks!
I have two cover calls that are running too much, TLRY and XOM. Trying to decide to buy back at a loss or just take the profit and rebuy shares on a pullback

I had TLRY shares called away at 10 last week. Almost every time I have bought back calls it has come back to bite me. YMMV
FishrCoAg
AG
Square Pair said:

Wait I'm missing a key piece and want to make sure I understand.

So I'm reading this as if you buy an uncovered call for stock XXX at $5.00 call price with a $1.00 premium, once that stock hits $6.01 (or higher) - you lose money?

No. When you buy a call you have the right to buy the stock at the strike price, no matter how high it goes. So you continue to profit. When you sell a covered call you have to deliver the stock to the call buyer at the strike price, so you miss out on the increase above the strike.
texagbeliever
Dumb question but is there a way to see if people are shorting a stock on fidelity trader pro? I feel like MIK is getting shorted once it hits that 3.4 mark.
BB675
AG
Thoughts on NTNX after earnings tomorrow?
gougler08
AG
Anyone still in DFS?
gougler08
AG
BB675 said:

Thoughts on NTNX after earnings tomorrow?
If you're on the 5/29 25 calls that were posted you're pretty much banking that it's a big hit now. Was hoping it would run a bit with the market today to take a portion off the table but no such luck
texagbeliever
gougler08 said:

Anyone still in DFS?

The phrase take earnings isnt in my vocabulary so yes I'm still in.
First Page Last Page
Page 1601 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.