Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,015,225 Views | 224178 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by ProgN
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
12thMan86 said:

McInnis 03 said:

12thMan86 said:

Ragoo said:

I think I am only going to buy verticals from here on out. Profit is capped but risk is significantly reduced.

I'll tell you what are fun are SPX verticals that expire the same day. They are lottos but work regularly in this violent market. On Friday I bought the 2850-2855 call vertical for .65 late in the day. It maxed out at 4.65. I've done these for the last month. Hit about 40%. When you can hit 40 percent and make anywhere from 5:1 to 9:1, it works. You have to be right on your direction of course. Theta decay works in your favor big time.

I agree I have started buying more verticals. The key is how far out you buy them.

Good luck!

When you bought this how far otm were both these strikes?
Market was at 2825Ish and it was around 1:45 I believe
Well, let's see what happens. I'm in one.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
TXAG14
CrazyRichAggie said:

So I have a SPY 295C 5/22 I purchased for $.70 last week. It's now at $2.55 and going up. How do you guys decide it's a good time take the money and run?

Profits are never a bad thing. I would cash some out and let the others ride.
ProgN
CrazyRichAggie said:

So I have a SPY 295C 5/22 I purchased for $.70 last week. It's now at $2.55 and going up. How do you guys decide it's a good time take the money and run?
Over 3 X my original investment for a option that expires this week IS ALWAYS A GOOD TIME FOR ME.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Volume spike on TWTR as we blast through $30...
gougler08
AG
Random wash sale question...I sold some stock at a loss on April 6th and then sold puts that expired on May 15th and bought some stock back. I should still be able to count the loss since it was 30+ days apart from sell and buy correct?
Aggie_2463
AG
CVET - $13.30 back to pre market collapse

Anyone still holding this one?
TheBiggerEvent
AG
TWTR needs to keep rocking
ProgN
Ranger222
AG
Man robinhood's new design is soooo bad.....
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I have Disney cost based at 100. AM I crazy for thinking of taking profits and then jumping back in again at low 100's?
Yes

He-heh

Look at this setup on DIS. Don't sell it - buy it!

Good grief man, I'm listening to you, but I can't help but thinking at 119 we get a bounce back to value inside the channel close to 105 again SOON.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Grown Pear
AG
Wow MRNA 280% return on friday's call purchase.. Thank you whoever posted that one!
Baby Billy
AG
Should I be picking up ZOM at under $0.22?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Ranger222 said:

Whoever decided on changing the color to booger green should be thrown in the trash
Grown Pear
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Ranger222 said:

Whoever decided on changing the color to booger green should be thrown in the trash
Or at a minimum flicked to the side.
jtmoney03
AG
A stock I always seem to look at and have my jaw drop to the floor every time, yet never move on...CMG. This stock could be had for 415 on 3/16. It is 1010 as I type this. A freaking burrito company! Hell...it was 900 last week!
McInnis 03
AG
DIS (this is more me talking and looking for feedback than it is me saying to act on something)

Disney is definitely leaving the channel right now, but twice since it left the 200pma on the 4hr chart it's come back to touch. It's so far off it's value trajectory right now. Before it crossed the 200pma, it was bouncing off the 50pma. I guess if I'm convinced that a 200pma (period moving avg) is in the cards I'd buy a 108 put for 2-3 weeks out to capitalize on it? That being said, I guess I should wait for a confirmation on the pullback first? Today would not be the day. (i'm literally typing stream of conciousness as I contemplate this!!!)

"Give up the first 1/8th and final 1/8th of the trade, capture the 6 in between"

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
BTW, thank you for convicing me not to sell it

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
leoj said:

I'm about to go long stocks again today with some stop losses. SE, DOCU, FSLY, NET, NOW, AYX. Going to wait on NVDA until after earnings even though I'm assuming they do well.
was wrong to say today. Waiting for good entries since a lot of these have run up. Maybe we get a breather in growth stocks before a push to 300.
jbeck3487
AG
jtmoney03 said:

A stock I always seem to look at and have my jaw drop to the floor every time, yet never move on...CMG. This stock could be had for 415 on 3/16. It is 1010 as I type this. A freaking burrito company! Hell...it was 900 last week!
Crazy and I'm more a Freebirds guy myself.

Nachos chips on the side so you can get the queso for no extra charge.
Proposition Joe
Chipotle was already very well positioned for pickup/delivery before Covid.
fightintxag13
AG
jbeck3487 said:

jtmoney03 said:

Crazy and I'm more a Freebirds guy myself.

Nachos chips on the side so you can get the queso for no extra charge.
Discovering this launched Freebirds up my list of places to eat.
BrokeAssAggie
Proposition Joe said:

If you buy Chipotle be sure to pick up Pepto too
Baby Billy
AG
Chipotle is much better quality than freebirds. But this aint the thread for that
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
H&S early on SPY...going to have to work through profit taking on such a huge push but all of the buying isn't leading to a top here I would think. Buy the dips intraday.
fightintxag13
AG
Anyone have any thoughts on BIG? It has a nice ascending channel right now, and there was huge chunk of 6/19 $30 calls bought a little while ago.
leoj
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Yes. They've set up the local one for max takeout efficiency and pickup layout. Always have about a dozen orders waiting for people to get when I go over. I think they are doing really well.

Side note, I wish Chick-fil-A was a public company. That would be the biggest no brained in the restaurant space ever. What a beast of a company. Great food too
BrokeAssAggie
OXY and TOTAL deal not closing

http://www.rbcrichardsonbarr.com/IndustryResearch/News.aspx?a=news&ticker=a&w=&story=202005PZONE87922217
ProgN
RUBI just can't get through the 50 dma. It hits it and then pullbacks. It should run if it can get through it.
Aggie_2463
AG
SDC - 6.88

May be a good long term pickup
khaos288
AG
leoj said:

Proposition Joe said:

Yes. They've set up the local one for max takeout efficiency and pickup layout. Always have about a dozen orders waiting for people to get when I go over. I think they are doing really well.

Side note, I wish Chick-fil-A was a public company. That would be the biggest no brained in the restaurant space ever. What a beast of a company. Great food too
I'd buy chikfila in a heart beat. They run so well, and are constantly improving efficiency. If their internal ops are anything like their customer facing efforts, they're a hell of a company.
topher06
Sold my spy calls expiring Friday but otherwise just sitting in the market. Feels good right now, sometimes blind luck is more important than actual analysis.
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

Random wash sale question...I sold some stock at a loss on April 6th and then sold puts that expired on May 15th and bought some stock back. I should still be able to count the loss since it was 30+ days apart from sell and buy correct?
Selfishly bumping
Brewmaster
AG
PN are you still long AMD 60's? kind of wish I'd sold them at open, but still have time (5/29).
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

RUBI just can't get through the 50 dma. It it's it and then pullbacks. It should run if it can get through it.
I sold a bunch of under $5 buys on the early push and am crouched like a lion to smash back in if we can get a little more retrace. Not sure it comes but its a no lose scenario.
First Page Last Page
Page 1547 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.