Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,103,868 Views | 224590 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by ProgN
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Isn't 2920 a resistance level here? I can't believe how fast this is pre-market
oldarmy1
AG
AMZN
NFLX
GOOG

All red. Why? Because if people can shop outside their home "prisons", and move about freely again the search engines will drop volume and movies will be the last priority.
leoj
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

If this keeps up that guys $2.4M $297 calls might score.

That SPY pattern is classic fighting by big money to get into a position.
The OI is gone on them.
McInnis 03
AG
SPX call verticals may be on tap today. This market is JUICED right now
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
oldarmy1
AG
We topped out at $296.77 on SPY 4/30. Next wave topped at $294.80. We break these and $300 SPY is coming fast. $302-$313wide range area would be expected if that happens.
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

If this keeps up that guys $2.4M $297 calls might score.

That SPY pattern is classic fighting by big money to get into a position.
The OI is gone on them.

They bailed on them the day I did.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
BrokeAssAggie
Maximus_Meridius said:

That might explain the SPY rocking above 290 already...

I look super smart when I bought that 295C on Friday. I guess a squirrel finds a nut on a occasion
texagbeliever
oldarmy1 said:

AMZN
NFLX
GOOG

All red. Why? Because if people can shop outside their home "prisons", and move about freely again the search engines will drop volume and movies will be the last priority.

I would think google is red because of antitrust. Amazon might have similar fears as well. But your overall point I agree with. I'd also be bearish with roku.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Also of note is SDC, moving up ~.30 PM.
zag213004
AG
Thoughts on a Roku entrance here or will reopening drive it down more
cgh1999
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

That might explain the SPY rocking above 290 already...

I look super smart when a bought that 295C all Friday. I guess a squirrel finds a nut on a occasion

I bought $290 calls on Thursday and almost flipped out at a 10% gain Friday, but got distracted. Guess I got lucky!
oldarmy1
AG
texagbeliever said:

oldarmy1 said:

AMZN
NFLX
GOOG

I would think google is red because of antitrust. Amazon might have similar fears as well. But your overall point I agree with. I'd also be bearish with roku.
Big money won't let them suffer for long.
oldarmy1
AG
NET looks ready to explode on continuation.
GigEmRangers75455
MRNA rocket
BB675
AG
Favorite stock today OA?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Wait so Roku was hitting all time highs until Covid hit, then it tanks and goes close to all time highs again a couple weeks ago then falls 20% and because we are opening up, people are bearish on Roku? Bearish when the shut down started and now more bearish when the lockdown ends?
texagbeliever
I'd be bearish on roku because I just bought a new tv that was "smart" so I dont need my roku. I even searched hard for non-smart TVs and there is only BestBuys store brand and that is it. I'm done. my bad.
12thMan86
AG
Aggies75455 said:

MRNA rocket
I own the stock from $21, and have several $50 calls for July. Let's goooo!
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Wait so Roku was hitting all time highs until Covid hit, then it tanks and goes close to all time highs again a couple weeks ago then falls 20% and because we are opening up, people are bearish on Roku? Bearish when the shut down started and now more bearish when the lockdown ends?
That tank a couple weeks ago was because of earnings. This thing gets manipulated to hell and back around earnings time. As for once things open up, the rate of new subscriptions and whatnot will drop. Sure, it may still beat earnings but the appearance is going to be that of "slowing momentum," and appearances are every bit as important as the financials in this market.
tam2002
AG
Holy cow I've been deep red in some positions I was planning on cutting bait this week to cut my losses. I check this morning and they are all green and still going.

Def don't have a case of the Mondays today
BrokeAssAggie
Theme song for today

McInnis 03
AG
Y'all long ROKU mofo's can thank me later. I bought a ROKU put on Friday as a hedge as I had nothing to help me if we kept diving.

B&I Key:
gougler08
AG
texagbeliever said:

I'd be bearish on roku because I just bought a new tv that was "smart" so I dont need my roku. I even searched hard for non-smart TVs and there is only BestBuys store brand and that is it.

Isn't ROKU in a lot of smart TVs (I know my TCL TVs use ROKU)
Aggies1322
AG
gougler08 said:

texagbeliever said:

I'd be bearish on roku because I just bought a new tv that was "smart" so I dont need my roku. I even searched hard for non-smart TVs and there is only BestBuys store brand and that is it.

Isn't ROKU in a lot of smart TVs (I know my TCL TVs use ROKU)

Correct
oldarmy1
AG
texagbeliever said:

Most Smart TV's don't need a ROKU because the TV manufacturers installed ROKU in the unit.
leoj
AG
I'm about to go long stocks again today with some stop losses. SE, DOCU, FSLY, NET, NOW, AYX. Going to wait on NVDA until after earnings even though I'm assuming they do well.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Good! Last time you went long while I went long the stock fell from $155 to $59 so I hope you are wrong again!
Boat Shoes
AG
riley290 said:

https://www.optionsprofitcalculator.com/
Thanks Riley. So if Im using that correctly, a $SPY May 20 $297C would open at $2.20 assuming $SPY opens around $293 where its currently sitting?
IrishTxAggie
AG
texagbeliever said:

Depending on the TV it is Roku's "smart" components. They have integrated software with several brands
McInnis 03
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Good! Last time you went long while I went long the stock fell from $155 to $59 so I hope you are wrong again!
Sig checks out.

\/ \/ \/

B&I Key:
2percent
AG
Holy crap! I don't even know where to start buying this morning... I have an hour to figure it out.
BrokeAssAggie
2percent said:

Holy crap! I don't even know where to start buying this morning... I have an hour to figure it out.

Let me know when you do
McInnis 03
AG
Serious point here: this could be a really nice net free morning. If you can get some of your things to riding net free, DO IT. Love mornings like this, you never know what kind of rug pull we'll get tomorrow (or today!!).

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
BJ's would be a natural after breaking Darvas Box and pullback.
First Page Last Page
Page 1545 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.