Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,518,790 Views | 223288 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maximus_Meridius said:

krosch11 said:

thanks, trying to get better at reading options flow
Just a point of note:

I really suck at this. Like, "worst trader on this thread" kind of suck at this. Take anything and everything I say with a mountain of salt.

Not laughing at you, but this did make me LOL. My dog did the pug look.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

jbeck3487 said:

If the rug pull happens for some reason tonight, its going to be no bueno for me.
gap up of at least 1% tomorrow.
2965 is my line in the sand for tomorrow.
some food for thought - typical bear market rallies are ~35 days, I believe this one is now at 41. I think the early '08 bear market rally was longer, something like 47-48. Ironically, I remember thinking at the time that the Q1 2008 drop was just a blip to recharge off of October 2007 ATH. I learned otherwise when Lehman collapsed.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
topher06
Looks like we will need some pretty good news for that to happen.
gougler08
AG
SPY hit the upper Bollinger Band today (20 MA and 2 Std Dev) and came right back down
IrishTxAggie
AG

IrishTxAggie said:

jbeck3487 said:

If the rug pull happens for some reason tonight, its going to be no bueno for me.
gap up of at least 1% tomorrow.
2965 is my line in the sand for tomorrow.
some food for thought - typical bear market rallies are ~35 days, I believe this one is now at 41. I think the early '08 bear market rally was longer, something like 47-48. Ironically, I remember thinking at the time that the Q1 2008 drop was just a blip to recharge off of October 2007 ATH. I learned otherwise when Lehman collapsed.
I don't think we can compare what is going on now to 08. Market fundamentals and overall health was great until they dropped the COVID bomb into the mechanism. I still think we see a healthy pullback, but I think that it pushes passed 3000 before we do. The fed backstop and prop also wasn't nearly as huge as it seems it is now.
McInnis 03
AG
topher06 said:

Looks like we will need some pretty good news for that to happen.
you mean bad news. Remember, bad = up, good = down.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
200DMA is what I"m looking at on SPY. It's about 299.73 right now. I think we have a one way ticket to engagement because until you show me this trend is broken we HAVE to ride that up until something says not to. We haven't seen the "not to" yet IMO.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
Markets look strong for continuation. All of our setups that didn't break a move should tomorrow. I posted premarket that there is some history to a weak Monday followed by successive days strength. We filled that gap and pivoted right off of it. The bears were crushing with volume for continuation and got jack-hammered.
oldarmy1
AG
jbeck3487 said:

BJ flashed back to 28.10
Anything under $28 buy with confidence. The example I posted actually pulled back to the mid-range line before exploding upward. Darvas Box is my favorite set up because its like pent-up energy coiled and ready to explode.
oldarmy1
AG
TWTR set up great. CEO- a clown

McInnis 03
AG
DDOG annihilated expectation.

B&I Key:
PuryearAg98
AG
NVAX.... Thank you! for a kick ass Monday!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
PoopyPullup said:

Ranger222 said:

Going to have a tough decision here on whether or not to take profits on my long dated DDOG calls here before close...only have 1 contract in OCT strikes
you and I are not even in the same ball park as far as experience, etc, but I'd hold. That's a lot of time to play with, and I assume ddog is running on strength not hype. I have september calls for another company that went into the money today and I'm not even thinking about selling for exactly the same reason, it's finally coming into favor and I think it's the start of a good run.
lol I posted this not realizing it was running up to earnings. hope my pep talk worked anyway
Exsurge Domine
TSLA dumping as ELON jumped the gun on reopen
IrishTxAggie
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

That's not dumping. Look at the volume.
AgEng06
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

TSLA crushing dreams today.
Exsurge Domine
IrishTxAggie
AG
Elon is slowly becoming a folk hero amongst the small government types. TSLA will see $850 before it sees $750 again. He's literally just told his investors "we're back open" and challenging the government to stop him. I love it. I might buy a Tesla because of his positions lately

It's pretty obvious after his "price is too high" comment the market doesn't give a rat's ass what he says or does
Exsurge Domine
IrishTxAggie said:

Elon is slowly becoming a folk hero amongst the small government types. TSLA will see $850 before it sees $750 again.

It's pretty obvious after his "price is too high" comment the market doe got give a rat's ass what he says or does

Will be interesting to see what happens if he does get arrested.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Elon is slowly becoming a folk hero amongst the small government types. TSLA will see $850 before it sees $750 again.

It's pretty obvious after his "price is too high" comment the market doe got give a rat's ass what he says or does

Will be interesting to see what happens if he does get arrested.

He'll crush the state in a civil rights lawsuit that will be used as a case study. Musk has deeper pockets than California for a long drawn out lawsuit right now.

Ranger222
AG
There are some fun conspiracy theories that China has Elon by the balls out there and his recent actions certainly aren't helping dismiss those rumors.

I listened to the latest Joe Rogan podcast with him the other day...thought it was pretty boring and uninteresting but finally got a little energetic when talking about COVID and the government response...I think the dude is getting close to burned out and needs to just take a break for a bit. Take some time off with his newborn son and recharge a bit.
ProgN
PuryearAg98 said:

NVAX.... Thank you! for a kick ass Monday!
Quote:

Novavax stock surges after hours on coronavirus funding, results
4:35 pm ET May 11, 2020 (MarketWatch)

Novavax Inc. (NVAX) shares rallied in the extended session Monday after the biotech company said it received a big investment for its COVID-19 vaccine candidate and topped Wall Street expectations for the quarter. Novavax shares surged 16% after hours, following a 31% rally in the regular session to close at $24.50. The company said the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations will invest up to $384 million in the development of NVX-CoV2373, Novavax's vaccine candidate for SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Funding will be used for combined safety and effectiveness testing of the vaccine, Novavax said. The company also reported a first-quarter loss of $25.9 million, or 58 cents a share, compared a loss of $43.2 million, or $2.11 a share, in the year-ago period. Revenue declined to $3.4 million from $4 million in the year-ago quarter. Analysts surveyed by FactSet had forecast a loss of 69 cents a share on revenue of $1.9 million
Up a cool $16, almost 50%
Grown Pear
AG
Wow, I hadn't been paying attention the last hour today. I'd put in a limit sell order on half my SDC calls when it was near its peak today but didn't get filled and price settled back down. I went to update my tracking spreadsheet for costs/profits and panicked seeing SDC value halved! Looks like SDC jumped up at the end of the day... now net free
topher06
Back to 293 in AH
Hendrix
AG
I'm no trader other than the occasional covered call. I'm just throwing around money in a larger play account. I don't know who on here was responsible for turning me onto SDC, but I could kiss you on the damn lips. For some reason I justified going heavy in the $4s. Thanks texags. It's speeding up my retirement.
oldarmy1
AG
topher06 said:

Back to 293 in AH

There be strength in them there stocks

That's an augmented eyepatch used. We need a pirate icon for when we steal profits from market makers.
Talon2DSO
AG
Solid. I'm sitting on some SPY 5/15 295c I'm hoping it takes off this week
gougler08
AG
ERI seems to have picked up steam
tam2002
AG
gougler08 said:

ERI seems to have picked up steam

I've got a long position in ERI I was dangerously close to selling out of today worried about bad news with the ceasers deal.

Glad I hung in there
gougler08
AG
It was down for a while in AH trading but the earnings call must have gone well
ProgN

China wants to renegotiate the trade deal. They would really not enjoy the new terms if we did.
ProgN

China wants to renegotiate the trade deal. They really won't like the terms if we do.
IrishTxAggie
AG
China lost a lot of leverage with the virus. It's not the US against China now. It's the world against China and Trump will have allies this time
BearkatRunner88
AG
SDC looking strong AH
First Page Last Page
Page 1501 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.