Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,106,729 Views | 224617 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by bmoochie
pfo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Merrill raised price target on NFLX another $110 today
clobby
AG
CHK options for july 20 have some increased volume
Ranger222
AG
oldarmy1 said:

JNPR signaling. Options trades all over the place for continued move higher.

Potential buyout candidate with this?
Pignorant
AG
TWTR opened up green then tanked hard.
Ragoo
AG
Pignorant said:

see tech as a sector
gougler08
AG
Pignorant said:

Seems to be holding in the flag pattern right now
oldarmy1
AG
Actually had a big trader asked if i was making any moves based on Seth Rich disclosures expected. So now we have to factor in Seth Rich?!

Kennedy stepping down from Supreme Court is the empatis for the reversal today.
pacecar02
Ranger222 said:

oldarmy1 said:

JNPR signaling. Options trades all over the place for continued move higher.

Potential buyout candidate with this?
not likely

I love their products, price point for sure. The MX and QFX platforms are pretty stout, they could stand to bring the SRX firewall line up a bit

They differ from other traditional provider OS's by being UNIX freeBSD based. As we move towards further automation and scripting in the sector as a whole, they integrate nicely into other products and systems.

most other networking OS's(brocade, HPE, Cisco, Arista) are all more proprietary based. Arista and brocade are ciscoesque and I guess HPE is as well to some degree.
no sig
oldarmy1
AG
Markets took the selling and have come back. That is bullish. If it could possibly go green by the close tomorrow would be a big up day (prediction)
gougler08
AG
WMT has definitely broken out of the downward wedge, next stop would be the ~$90 resistance line it last tried in late April
oldarmy1
AG
Trouble as the recovery attempt failed. Rut Roh. Entered SPX Puts
gougler08
AG
Guessing that is a bearish sign for tomorrow since the recovery failed?
clobby
AG
Someone made a big purchase

Ranger222
AG
7x normal volume in that candle. Big buy order at $24.5? There were still nibbles at Sept 32 C this morning
O'Doyle Rules
AG
lots of hot air starting to come out finally.
gougler08
AG
Futures up this morning...lets see if they actually hold
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

Couldn't even hold before the open
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

gougler08 said:

We're going to have a triple retest of the initial major support bottom on the DOW. The S&P has a ways to go to get there. That's why I placed SPX Puts because any loss of DOW major support will drag the SPX quickly lower.
oldarmy1
AG
GILD has a double bottom AND a double top this year. I've traded it both ways from 67 long to 83 short - all with Options trades. The current entered Call options made it up to fill the last gap down where I always sell 20% of the options but now post gap-fill action looks to retreat back to my option entry point. Premium decay has me up only 11% even thought the stock is up $1.64 from Option entry. I'm bailing on them at the open and sidelining until I see how the macro markets fair on retests.
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone care to comment/explain what the heck is going on with DBX? I didn't trade the spike but goodness - imagine jumping on that train in the high 30-40's. Is their an option trade to make since its come all the way back to its Darvis Box breakout? On a down day it would be interesting to see where any support volume comes in within the previous major support range.
FriscoKid
AG
I'm looking for an entry point early today.
oldarmy1
AG
JPM is right at the neckline of the head and shoulders. Make or break time for it. $99.13 gap from 11/28/17 is staring you right in the face. Now the interesting thing about that is that, just as my $100 magnet move studies created that gap up taking the stock up and over $100, the same happens in reverse. A flash down to $99.13 on momentum to somewhere below $99 would be expected. All of this is speculative based on a true retest on major support flash downs.

That's where an entry would be eyed. HOWEVER - if the markets lose major support filling downward gaps might be pause support areas but I would NEVER buy to hold a stock on the first gap fill. The odds are not in your favor that it will ultimately hold.

FriscoKid
AG
fall below 268 on SPY would be interesting....
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

gougler08 said:

We're going to have a triple retest of the initial major support bottom on the DOW. The S&P has a ways to go to get there. That's why I placed SPX Puts because any loss of DOW major support will drag the SPX quickly lower.
Yep, I'm watching that too. That could break hard and fast early.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

gougler08 said:

Is major support around 23900 line on the DJI (where we bounced off in early May) or is it the 23500 line where we bounced in late March?
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

gougler08 said:

Is major support around 23900 line on the DJI (where we bounced off in early May) or is it the 23500 line where we bounced in late March?
Flash downs are why absolutes are impossible to give. However, what we CAN do is look at the candle bodies and see where the major support lines exist. The low close was 23533 on March 23rd. So that is where you stick a pin and watch closely. Any trading below that better flash and rebound fast. The rule is that a close below 23533 has to close below that mark on volume to have a pure signal. In other words its possible to close at say 23500 but then jump back above to close above 23533 the next trading session.

Watch volume on the minute bars. If you have the top of the line trading platforms you can also watch lot size. When I see average trade lot sizes go from 1200 to 20k that is a tradeable entry or exit point.
oldarmy1
AG

NFLX filled the gap down from the previous day yesterday. That was the exit point on naked Put options. Studying lot sizes and will repost on NFLX.
Pignorant
AG
How should we monitor long term holds in an uncertain market like this one?
FriscoKid
AG
There is that triple top turned support tested once on the S&P ...and, that roughly lines up with the old triangle rising support trend line that has also bounced 3 or more times. We are dangerously close to that right now. I don't think it's going to be a flat day.
FriscoKid
AG
VIX is also at 18.5. Up 3% today already.
Madmarttigan
AG
Pharmacy stocks getting butchered with amazon's move today.
Formerly tv1113
leoj
AG
Makes no sense. I would start a position in CAH if I didn't think it may continue to go lower.
Dr. Faustus
AG
OA, still liking LADR?
oldarmy1
AG
Dr. Faustus said:

OA, still liking LADR?
LADR is a 401k forever hold. 8% dividend ona share that has been rock solid on slow trend upwards, super solid management and core business. It's one of the easiest decisions in the markets.
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone else buy DBX on the huge volume V-bottom? My alerts went crazy and I hit my 1 button market buy without even looking at the price.
First Page Last Page
Page 150 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.