Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,059,793 Views | 224364 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by ProgN
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
who is playing roku earnings?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Ok now I'm hooked on CheddarFlow.
Careful. It can get a little overwhelming if you start to see size coming in and you think you have to be a part of every play.
Brewmaster
AG
AgShaun00 said:

I'd play commons on it long before options, but be quick on the sell after hours. This ain't no PTON son
Ragoo
AG
AgShaun00 said:

i bought the 150 call in anticipation of user numbers and guidance not really for Q1 results.
Brewmaster
AG
SNSS dark pool today (500k) and yesterday (600k share trade)... earnings call today
oldarmy1
AG
INUV major volume spike.

I don't know it - just popped an alert
Glitch
AG
Is there a good place to go for CheddarFlow tips?
tremble
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Rice and Fries said:

Thoughts on how long it takes for the S&P $3000 magnet takes off?
Why not tomorrow? May as well take P/E multiples to the highest price ever (by a large margin) while the liquidity jet is on. I used to think we would see 2500 before we would see 3000, but now I'm wondering if we see 3000 before we get to 2700. The rational side of my brain says Q4 or Q1 2021, but then again, the market is acting like 3.2M new job less claims is something to celebrate. It is really all going to depend on how this re-opening goes. The enthusiasm either gets juiced or crushed.
Yeah, I'm kinda torn here. I set aside a few thousand to buy into VUG but everything keeps going up. Can't really fight the Fed but I can't disagree with you that having 33MM unemployed and the market going up is ****ing bonkers.
oldarmy1
AG
Being at major inflection points is when you take a short term bullish call against building a longer term put hedge.

I'm now using the remaining $295 calls against entering Jun19th $260 Puts. We get a continuation rally the cheap calls will dwarf the drop in premium on the Puts. And should this breakout fail and a drop occur I'd be set for larger gains on the Puts.
gig em 02
AgShaun00 said:

Suckers only
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Being at major inflection points is when you take a short term bullish call against building a longer term put hedge.

I'm now using the remaining $295 calls against entering Jun19th $260 Puts. We get a continuation rally the cheap calls will dwarf the drop in premium on the Puts. And should this breakout fail and a drop occur I'd be set for larger gains on the Puts.
May 8th on the $295s?
gig em 02
tremble said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Rice and Fries said:

Thoughts on how long it takes for the S&P $3000 magnet takes off?
Why not tomorrow? May as well take P/E multiples to the highest price ever (by a large margin) while the liquidity jet is on. I used to think we would see 2500 before we would see 3000, but now I'm wondering if we see 3000 before we get to 2700. The rational side of my brain says Q4 or Q1 2021, but then again, the market is acting like 3.2M new job less claims is something to celebrate. It is really all going to depend on how this re-opening goes. The enthusiasm either gets juiced or crushed.
Yeah, I'm kinda torn here. I set aside a few thousand to buy into VUG but everything keeps going up. Can't really fight the Fed but I can't disagree with you that having 33MM unemployed and the market going up is ****ing bonkers.

33MM laid off and another 15MM collecting severance for 30 more days so they haven't been counted yet.

BUUULLLIIISSSHHHH
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm not a patient person, this is testing me
tam2002
AG
Whats the thought on PTON as a long term play? I know they are backed up with orders and are make more equipment a better price points. Been great for a corona play with gyms closed but who is going to be excited to go to a gym for awhile? Could PTON turn into a 100 dollar stock?
tremble
AG
Glad I'm not the only who thinks this is all insane
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

May 8th on the $295s?

I bought these this morning for 13c...if we test 3k tomorrow I'll be one lucky/happy degenerate
tremble
AG
tam2002 said:

Whats the thought on PTON as a long term play? I know they are backed up with orders and are make more equipment a better price points. Been great for a corona play with gyms closed but who is going to be excited to go to a gym for awhile? Could PTON turn into a 100 dollar stock?
Are gyms going to be able to open back up with anywhere near the same volume they had earlier? Part of the PTON draw is simply that it's a subscriber app. For $10 a month (or w/e the price is) you can play yoga/cardio/etc on your TV/computer without actually needing a treadmill or bike. My guess is that's the draw. I would prefer to lift at a gym but there's a huge market for people to do this **** at home.

Can PTON become the Netflix of exercising? It does have some competitors (Mirror, Tonal, etc) but perhaps the coronapocalypse kicks the transition to home gym/classes into overdrive. If that's the case then PTON could really have legs to run.
Talon2DSO
AG
Pretty nice Model T on LUV
gvine07
AG
I have a Peloton and think it's going to grow for a handful of years, but I doubt it will be growing in 10 years.

I'd be shocked if it kept growing at this pace when things are back to normal.
tam2002
AG
gvine07 said:

I have a Peloton and think it's going to grow for a handful of years, but I doubt it will be growing in 10 years.

Kind of what I think. I'm in for 100 shares at 39. Think I'll hold onto them for quite awhile to see what happens
oldarmy1
AG
spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

May 8th on the $295s?

Correct. Super cheap as protection or taking advantage of a major move upward.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Tested the 289 and reclaimed it after a slight dip. I expect a push into the close. Power hour should be fun today.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Is this right? People bought 1.1 million shares but don't want it to alter current price and those shares were purchased with the expectation price will shoot up on earnings. Or, __________
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I sold my SPY calls and bought some puts while the premiums went down a bit. Just a hedge.
Ragoo
AG
gig em 02 said:

AgShaun00 said:

Suckers only
care to explain?
AggiePeeps06
AG
$600k bet on call side on ROKU
AGSmith
AG
tam2002 said:

gvine07 said:

Kind of what I think. I'm in for 100 shares at 39. Think I'll hold onto them for quite awhile to see what happens
I'm in 100 @ 34. I sold a 5/8 42 covered call earlier this week (anticipating a jump on earnings, but not this much), so now I'm considering whether I should roll out and up or just buy to close to avoid likely assignment at the end of the day tomorrow.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Make that 2 of them. $600k each. One weekly 135 and one 7/17 124
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
tremble said:

tam2002 said:

Are gyms going to be able to open back up with anywhere near the same volume they had earlier? Part of the PTON draw is simply that it's a subscriber app. For $10 a month (or w/e the price is) you can play yoga/cardio/etc on your TV/computer without actually needing a treadmill or bike. My guess is that's the draw. I would prefer to lift at a gym but there's a huge market for people to do this **** at home.

Can PTON become the Netflix of exercising? It does have some competitors (Mirror, Tonal, etc) but perhaps the coronapocalypse kicks the transition to home gym/classes into overdrive. If that's the case then PTON could really have legs to run.
I think much depends upon how much the covid accelerated (borrowed from) future demand. That said, if you finance one, they have an automatic customer for the next _ years for the app.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

gig em 02 said:

AgShaun00 said:

Suckers only
care to explain?
Think he's alluding to the times where ROKU has destroyed earnings and had a great call and then it tanks
Carlo4
AG
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/its-devastating-the-jobs-number-will-be-bad-but-the-reality-is-actually-much-worse-warns-the-feds-neel-kashkari-2020-05-07?mod=home-page

Quote:

That bad report tomorrow is actually going to understate how bad the damage has been," Kashkari explained, adding that the reported unemployment rate could be as high as 17% a brutal number, no doubt but he says the true number may be as high as 24%. "It's devastating.

Quote:

When are we all going to feel safe to go sit in a crowded movie theater with a couple hundred other strangers around us? Unfortunately, the recovery looks like it is going to be slow.

Quote:

Still, he remains optimistic the U.S. can avoid a Great Depression scenario.

I know he's a Federal Reserve bank President that's been pretty negative, but some of this language here... he's either telling the truth or begging to be fired... maybe both.

gig em 02
Ragoo said:

gig em 02 said:

AgShaun00 said:

Suckers only
care to explain?

If Roku blows expectations out of the water which way is the stock going to go
zag213004
AG
I didnt have enough Roku shares to sell covered calls as protection. Because of that I kicked out at 133.5. I didn't know it would jump even more after that so I took profit that existed going into earnings. The trend spider charts last night scared me into believing the stock would crater.

I could be very much wrong but profit is profit
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Tested the 289 and reclaimed it after a slight dip. I expect a push into the close. Power hour should be fun today.
Test #2...
IrishTxAggie
AG
For you ROKU die hards. Those $160C are impressive bets with decent size when all considered
First Page Last Page
Page 1478 of 6411

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.