Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,082,991 Views | 224437 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the writeup.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
La Bamba
AG
So Trump threatens cutting funding to the WHO, and then they retaliate by releasing a report prematurely and with potentially false conclusions to spook markets (that which effects Trump's re-election). Color me f/n shocked.
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

The release and retraction of that GILD was a calculated decision and illegal, imo. Market is spooked for today. Might as well open a beer.
yep. ****ed me. I held a losing position because it was trending back to zero. And then completely flushed it out.
La Bamba
AG
La Bamba said:

Rice and Fries said:

La Bamba said:

SPY trying to go red. LOL
Seems like the floor of support is around $279.00
Look at the chart. Made a 283 top, then a 282 top, then a 281 top and now it's testing 280. Lower highs and while the 279 is acting as a base, re-testing a base against lower highs normally leads to that base being broken. Let's see if it can buck the trend.
And there goes your 279 support.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Prognightmare said:

The release and retraction of that GILD was a calculated decision and criminal, imo. Market is spooked for today. Might as well open a beer.
The same thing can be said about last week's coordinated GILD pump as well. You gotta be careful out there.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Seems like the GILD drug is not a magic bullet, but maybe helpful. The market reacted the first time like it was the "cure". funny how it sent the market ~5% higher, downside here is around 1%.
AgEng06
AG
Dammit DFS
ProgN
Yeah, but iirc, I've read previous stories of countries trying Remwhatever so that one makes more sense than the WHO, who has had more missteps on covid, releasing then retracting today's.
AgShaun00
AG
Ragoo said:

Prognightmare said:

The release and retraction of that GILD was a calculated decision and illegal, imo. Market is spooked for today. Might as well open a beer.
yep. ****ed me. I held a losing position because it was trending back to zero. And then completely flushed it out.
sold my gild puts too soon, but riley says it does have a good impact. so much false information out there.
aggiedaniel06
AG
In both cases, Gilead didn't release the info.

In both cases, it was leaked by people in order to help the agenda of their overlords.

We are just collateral damage in the games big boys play. This is why I am trading strictly on my indicators in this volatile market and so far so good.
ProgN
SDC looks like a good end of day trade right here.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AgEng06 said:

Dammit DFS
Just dump it if you're concerned about it. This is the biggest thing about options. You can't get worried whenever it's red. Have a plan and stick to it. But this is telling to me.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Premiums for the 4/24 SPY options going down to levels where I may risk a strangle...
AgEng06
AG
You're right, I'll stop complaining.

I'm still going to hold it.
IrishTxAggie
AG
DAL 5/15 26C. $1.3MM $0.71
Hendrix
AG
added more. I'm done for now. should come out well in a post covid world. Thanks texags.
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

$30C had similar action, went there.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
IrishTxAggie
AG
Not at that date and type of premium...
leoj
AG
Ih&s on RUBI on the daily?
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Not at that date and type of premium...
Hush, I'm up .8%.

B&I Key:
jsap
Is there a reason why I can't sell covered call with cash in Fidelity. It wants me to select margin transaction.
McInnis 03
AG
jsap said:

Is there a reason why I can't sell covered call with cash in Fidelity. It wants me to select margin transaction.
I'll have to defer to one of the Fidelity folks.

But to set the facts straight, you have 100 shares of the stock and you just want to sell the call?

B&I Key:
ProgN
jsap said:

Iirc, firms can't loan shares in your account if they're in a cash account. By moving it into a margin account then they can loan those out. Since you're selling someone the right to call those shares out, those shares have to be in a margin account. Legal definition of rights to your stock I believe.
jsap
McInnis 03 said:

jsap said:

But to set the facts straight, you have 100 shares of the stock and you just want to sell the call?
That's correct.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
McInnis 03
AG
jsap said:

McInnis 03 said:

jsap said:

That's correct.
Make sure you're just executing a single order instead of a full buy/write execution. All you want to do is "Sell to open" and then the number of contracts and expiration/strike you're trying to execute.

B&I Key:
jsap
Prognightmare said:

jsap said:

Iirc, firms can't loan shares in your account if they're in a cash account. By moving it into a margin account then they can loan those out. Since you're selling someone the right to call those shares out, those shares have to be in a margin account. Legal definition of rights to your stock I believe.
That makes sense. That's why my portfolio gets converted to margin account even when I chose "cash" transaction during purchase or sell. Thanks!
jsap
McInnis 03 said:

jsap said:

McInnis 03 said:

jsap said:

That's correct.
Make sure you're just executing a single order instead of a full buy/write execution. All you want to do is "Sell to open" and then the number of contracts and expiration/strike you're trying to execute.
I did. I think what prog said made sense. Since the equity is in "margin", I have to select margin when selling the covered call.
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Seems like it could be a good buy opportunity, they survived earnings and didn't break through the floor
AgEng06
AG
gougler08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Seems like it could be a good buy opportunity, they survived earnings and didn't break through the floor
Almost got in on this at $0.69...but somehow I sent the order at market... so I'm in at $0.81.
McInnis 03
AG
was that a freefall shakeout?

B&I Key:
IrishTxAggie
AG
AggiePeeps06
AG
Interesting that the news about apple making their own chips didn't hit Intel harder today.

What time is earnings for intel?
McInnis 03
AG
Been up and down in a big way at least once each day. Held that 15c for tomorrow until I couldn't take the suspense anymore and left it.

B&I Key:
La Bamba
AG
Looking for that 14.50 breakout
First Page Last Page
Page 1383 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.