Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,024,312 Views | 224213 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by ProgN
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you're using Active Trader Pro there is an option to close at even under the multiple option trade function.
kyle field 94
AG
Perfect thanks

I guess I need to look into get active trader pro
Ragoo
AG
jh0400 said:

If you're using Active Trader Pro there is an option to close at even under the multiple option trade function.
what are trade fees with fidelity using ATP?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Fanucy vs Fanucf - ADR - (Fanuc robotics)

I have been following this company for awhile but I can't figure out the difference between these two.

I think Fanucy is the one to buy but I don't know the difference and can't find a good source
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Exsurge Domine
Fightin_Aggie said:

Fanucy vs Fanucf - ADR - (Fanuc robotics)

I have been following this company for awhile but I can't figure out the difference between these two.

I think Fanucy is the one to buy but I don't know the difference and can't find a good source

Looks like Fanucy has about 600x the volume as Fanucf, so I would say you are correct
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

jh0400 said:

what are trade fees with fidelity using ATP?

Pretty sure feels are the same as through fidelity, you just have to have a certain amount of money in the account to be able to access the ATP software
jh0400
AG
$0 fee ETFs and $0.65 per option contract.
oldarmy1
AG
gig em 02 said:

Just wanted to say thanks for continuing to share the spy strangdle strategy, I bought a 280/275 on wednesday, ended up selling the 280 friday for slightly above break even but if I had held until 10 minutes before close would have been up almost 50%

Awesome. Timing can be key on any option but especially SPY's because they move so much when markets are on the move.

Good news is I see no end in the near term to volatility and that's the gas in the strategy.
FishrCoAg
AG
When is the expiration on the puts?
thirdcoast
AG
kyle field 94
AG
May 15 expiring
gougler08
AG
Can it even be a U at this point?
thirdcoast
AG
I was thinking same thing. I guess it would mean a lower low relatively soon, and trade in a channel near 2K for at least a month or so.
canagian
AG
Slight diversion to the daily banter on here...

I've been lurking on this thread daily (or nearly so) for the better part of 3 years, and I gotta say I have a ton of respect and admiration for those of you trading on technicals on a daily basis. I could never do that, I'm more of a buy and hold guy, but all of the discussion on here made me look into options and the leveraging possibilities that they provide.

As a result, I started buying LEAPS about 2 years ago on stocks I already had a long position in, and it has paid off handsomely (six figure profits). When the fit hit the shan earlier this year, I took the opportunity to layer in on all of my positions, in some cases multiple times at fire-sale prices, trying to catch the proverbial falling knife.

A few weeks ago I was down $60k on my open positions, but with the mini-recovery over the last two weeks I'm back in the black on most all positions with Jan 2021 and Jan 2022 maturity dates. The potential upside is astounding given the time to maturity and the possibilities for a longer-term recovery. Some of my bargain basement buys have already tripled in value.

If anything, this thread has allowed me to re-examine my tolerance for risk and made me realize that I didn't need to be as conservative I had been historically.

So a collective THANK YOU to everyone who contributes to this thread, from myself and my kids' inheritance. You are doing a huge service by educating a lot of people like me, who probably don't ever post but have benefited from the collective wisdom of the regular posters on here.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

Can it even be a U at this point?

Sure. It would mean a retrace back down and sideways action between the two waves. I disagree with the percentages, but would absolutely love a U shaped pattern. Very easy to swing trade.
ProgN
canagian said:

I've been lurking on this thread daily (or nearly so) for the better part of 3 years, and I gotta say I have a ton of respect and admiration for those of you trading on technicals on a daily basis. I could never do that, I'm more of a buy and hold guy, but all of the discussion on here made me look into options and the leveraging possibilities that they provide.

As a result, I started buying LEAPS about 2 years ago on stocks I already had a long position in, and it has paid off handsomely (six figure profits). When the fit hit the shan earlier this year, I took the opportunity to layer in on all of my positions, in some cases multiple times at fire-sale prices, trying to catch the proverbial falling knife.

A few weeks ago I was down $60k on my open positions, but with the mini-recovery over the last two weeks I'm back in the black on most all positions with Jan 2021 and Jan 2022 maturity dates. The potential upside is astounding given the time to maturity and the possibilities for a longer-term recovery. Some of my bargain basement buys have already tripled in value.

If anything, this thread has allowed me to re-examine my tolerance for risk and made me realize that I didn't need to be as conservative I had been historically.

So a collective THANK YOU to everyone who contributes to this thread, from myself and my kids' inheritance. You are doing a huge service by educating a lot of people like me, who probably don't ever post but have benefited from the collective wisdom of the regular posters on here.

J/K

May you and your future Ags prosper handsomely.
McInnis 03
AG
Could you describe the logic behind the action on leaps for things you were already holding?
FishrCoAg
AG
If the puts are near zero value with that much time left I would likely buy to close them to eliminate risk of a fall in stock price.
canagian
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Could you describe the logic behind the action on leaps for things you were already holding?
As I said, buy and hold historically so many of the long positions were purchased 5+ years ago. I saw LEAPS as a way to leverage those positions, staying with the companies that I had faith in, but ratcheting up to a little higher risk (at lower cost) but with a higher potential reward.

I've sold a lot of my LEAPS at double or triple their cost while the underlying long holding made solid but not spectacular gains. My investment in options has only been a fraction of the value of my long holdings. It's really been playing with the "noise" in the margins of my retirement accounts.

Edit to add - my average holding time on my leaps has been about 5 months, so not getting eaten alive by theta decay
kyle field 94
AG
I am trying to buy them back, but the bid ask is quite wide hence why I am trying to find other ways or strategies to buy them back
Exsurge Domine
What's the play this week, gents? Weekly straddles? Puts on banks before earnings? Ally is up tomorrow I believe
jamaggie06
AG
canagian said:

Depending on when they were purchased (really, at what price), be careful. Options are all elevated right now b/c of the increased implied volatility (fear).

If the market "returns" to "normal" you can expect the VIX to drop back to 20 to 25. The VIX was as high as 80 a few weeks ago, and is still around 40.

A drop in IV is equivalent to a loss of time. The VIX measures the 30-day IV. Longer duration measures of the IV generally increase with the square root of time. So, if IV holds constant, the effective IV decays slowly until you get near to expiration. But a sudden or quick drop in IV reduces the effective IV proportionally.

What does all that mean? That means, if the market returns to its slow grind upward, for OTM call positions, the increase in the price of the underlying may (or may not) exceed the drop in option value as the IV continues to drop down to normal levels.
Ragoo
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

What's the play this week, gents? Weekly straddles? Puts on banks before earnings? Ally is up tomorrow I believe
same thing every week pinky.

1) follow the money
2) take over the world
McInnis 03
AG

Ally, comerica, they catch my eye (down?)
Dominoes (blow out the numbers?)
Idex is in my daily job life so this will tell me how some industrial equipment manufacturers are doing
McInnis 03
AG
Las Vegas sands reports Thursday too
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Shop and ecl calls for me. If I'm feeling frisky I may play cade earnings (tue pm) but not sure which way. If they run up hard I'll probably buy puts
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Ally, comerica, they catch my eye (down?)
Dominoes (blow out the numbers?)
Idex is in my daily job life so this will tell me how some industrial equipment manufacturers are doing

In case you remember dominos jumped hugggge last earnings report. May be primed for another
La Bamba
AG
Here's my game plan for Monday, feel free to challenge.

SPY
Looking left on the daily chart, I see 289 as big resistance (bounced off 2/28, retested and failed on 3/10). I think unless it gaps up huge one way or another, the levels to key off on are 289 and 285, with 283 as local support from Friday's intraday session. If 289 is broken, then next key levels are 293 (61.8% fib), 300 (200dma) and 312 (next big resistance line). I'm buying 295 and 298 calls one, maybe two weeks away and a few cheap puts (285/283) as a hedge. If it breaks 285, I'm looking for lower lows against 283. If it bounces off 283 and goes up with volume I'm in the neutral zone waiting for the 289 break. If it looks heavy against 283, I'm thinking 280 (50% fib), 275 (support from last week) and 271 and 263 from there. If it breaks 283 I'm buying 275p and 270p one week and two weeks away respectively with a 283c as hedge.

MRNA
Bought 39p Apr 24 last Friday. I think this comes back to Earth a bit, hanging man candlestick, big gap up and parabolic action on Friday. I think it comes back down to re-test 40's - 41s before grinding back up to high 40's 50s.

If SPY looks to continue rally, I'm looking at:
AMD - Approaching 59s and ATHs. If 55 bases (supports), may buy some 60/63 calls. V-type recovery chart similar to the charts of NVDA, ZM, and SHOP. All are on watch for breakout given SPY is strong this week.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
My plan this week is to do nothing
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

i have no plans to do anything. I will try and follow some intraday price action but the Friday activity gave me little confidence in any particular direction. We very well could capitulate up to 4/27.
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

i have no plans to do anything. I will try and follow some intraday price action but the Friday activity gave me little confidence in any particular direction. We very well could capitulate up to 4/27.

I've had no plans the last 2 weeks and then boredom has gotten me. So far trades have been good though but it's not a great strategy
Ranger222
AG
DDOG looks primed to start the week. Gap to 43 to fill

tk for tu juan
Since the word gap was used in the tweet, Twitter marked the photo as "might contain sensitive content"
FrontPorchAg
In their defense, I'm sure they've had to take down a lot of "upside gap fills" over the years.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
First Page Last Page
Page 1347 of 6407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.