Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,071,200 Views | 224423 Replies | Last: 32 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
thirdcoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RSP715 said:

anyone here use or own Slack tech (WORK)? It spiked into close with good volume and Josh Brown on CNBC is a fan and he's one of the few talking heads I agree with for the most part. My understanding is MSFT teams is bundled/free but inferior. I'm using that now and not terribly impressed. Could WORK be an acquisition target for someone? Any opinions appreciated. Not sure what to make of it.

Microsoft bought Skype..so yeah prob a target if it grows in the workplace (Msft, Cisco, etc)
thirdcoast
AG
No idea about this Kevin Spacey looking trader, but seems like reasonable TA...

TheBiggerEvent
AG
Both my parents are in banking and have been working around the clock on these.. Hope you (and them) get a breather soon.
krosch11
AG
Yes. You can also take free courses on the CBOE. Both have been helpful to me. The CBOE has tests that help reinforce whether you are picking it up. It's been helpful for me. Practice on your paper money side of TDA
Grown Pear
AG
My experience in options has been with short-term covered calls (letting them expire/exercise), some naked puts for buying low, and "longer term" Call and Put options. By that I mean usually 1-6 month expiry dates. With the intention of selling well before it's date.

I have never played with week of very short term dates but could use some help/advice. I know closer to date the time portion of premium significantly decays. Would you sell them the day of or day before? I don't want to exercise them.

Example:
4/14: purchased 10 $24 BAC Puts expiring 4/17 for $1.04
Current value $1.80 underlying price $22.19

Hoping we see further decline tomorrow, will likely sell a portion regardless. Is there ever any trouble finding a buyer for a stock like BAC on day of expiration? How would you play this? Thanks!
jh0400
AG
You could sell all or a portion at any point up to the close. You could also write the 0417 $22P for $0.36 (hypothetically based on today's close) and put in an order to close both at $1.99. This would be equal to exercising your current puts at $21.65.

Edited to add that writing a lower put is what I would do.
khkman22
AG
tk for tu juan said:

IrishTxAggie said:

You ever had a heart attack and an orgasm within 2 minutes of each other?

Pretty sure that is the motto on this year's souvenir cups at Kyle Field.

Nobody will ever really know because Levy is already out of souvenir cups.
Exsurge Domine
So if the president pays companies not to pump, the price of WTI should rise due to the lack of actual oil hitting the market, no? Just trying to get a feel for my long uso calls
Post removed:
by user
AgEng06
AG
I'm rooting for you.
Exsurge Domine
Also, all eyes on Chwy tomorrow, massive engulfing bullish candle, pierced upper bollinger band today, I'm expecting good things
Grown Pear
AG
Ooh thanks for that idea. I'll check that out
Carlo4
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

Trading at almost a 52 week high...why do you think there's more room in the run? Thanks for the tip...will be watching.
I'm going to speculate the same reason Amazon and Netflix are dominating. It's tech, you don't have to go to the physical store to get what you need, and they are a good company.

Post removed:
by user
Carlo4
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

Makes sense. Do you put in a CALL or purchase shares at the Open and hang on for the ride?
I use TDA. Just bought a few shares after hours with the ext feature.
Exsurge Domine
RoyalOak00 said:

Trading at almost a 52 week high...why do you think there's more room in the run? Thanks for the tip...will be watching.

It plowed through the last line of resistance and can run up to about 51 which is the next line iirc (I left the office and don't have my apps at home) , plus tech stocks don't seem to be playing by the rules in this environment,

DanShep tweeted about it a few days ago as a mover so I think there's still room to go. Especially if tomorrow is green
BB675
AG
I am still hanging in there as well.
Agzonfire
I promise to never ask this again, but I can't be the only one in this boat.
Are my LK shares worth anything?
aggiebonzo
AG
I'm sitting on a couple hundred dollars worth. Hoping they resume trading so I can sell off and take my losses.
Grown Pear
AG
Agzonfire said:

I really thought that was going somewhere else....

I have a put option at $5 expiring Friday, and since it's in the money I believe that will get exercised but I'm going to call tomorrow to confirm that. Unfortunately I also bought a call which will expire worthless. My sense with owning the stock out right you're just in limbo until it opens back up.
GigEmRangers75455
Agzonfire said:

I bought at $7.18 on the way down thinking people were overreacting. Oops...
AgEng06
AG
Carlo4 said:

RoyalOak00 said:

Makes sense. Do you put in a CALL or purchase shares at the Open and hang on for the ride?
How do you turn this feature on?
Carlo4
AG
AgEng06 said:

Carlo4 said:

RoyalOak00 said:

Under "time in force" tab when you buy or sell, pick "day + ext". Only works on limit orders unless someone corrects me otherwise. Been using this to take gains or cut losses on the volatile pre-market trading
BB675
AG
How high do you think CHWY could go based on the charts?
The Pilot
AG
Aggies75455 said:

Agzonfire said:

I bought at $7.18 on the way down thinking people were overreacting. Oops...
I've got some LK too.
Post removed:
by user
khaos288
AG
Anything exciting happen today gents? I hardly even opened my app.
La Bamba
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

So if the president pays companies not to pump, the price of WTI should rise due to the lack of actual oil hitting the market, no? Just trying to get a feel for my long uso calls

Yes, it would secure a big piece of the non-OPEC+ production cuts, which from recollection was something like 4-5 MMBPD, on top of OPEC+ promised 9 MM. This is just one step towards potentially fixing the oil price. Demand and opening up economies is the other piece.

Oil names for me are either day trades (OXY, APA, USO) or long term investments (XOM, RDSA). Nothing in between. And I'd prepare to short or buy puts for the day trade names.
La Bamba
AG
It's going to be a long night. Futures at the 275.85 level, which was strong support during the intraday session. If it breaks, hello 268. JMO.
La Bamba
AG
For tomorrow

Grown Pear
AG
AMZN earnings next week. Anybody think they knock it out of the park and price shoots up higher?
BrokeAssAggie
La Bamba said:

For tomorrow

That would be about 15 MM or so since this all started?
AgEng06
AG
Carlo4 said:

AgEng06 said:

Carlo4 said:

RoyalOak00 said:

Under "time in force" tab when you buy or sell, pick "day + ext". Only works on limit orders unless someone corrects me otherwise. Been using this to take gains or cut losses on the volatile pre-market trading
Ah, got it. I was aware of that. I didn't know if there was something that actually let you create orders AH. As far as I know, you can create orders before markets close (for AH use), or you can create them AH for opening the next morning, but you can't create a new order that is actionable THAT evening.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
First Page Last Page
Page 1322 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.