Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,108,975 Views | 224618 Replies | Last: 51 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Robinhood if they ever IPO.
oldarmy1
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

I bought too high on BAC. Did you ever sell the ones you bought at like .30 cents oldarmy?

I added to them and no....i think they will pay prior to June 15th
oldarmy1
AG
PPAag06 said:

Same question but 10 call options Jun 15 32 strike. Based on recent conversations I'm assuming you would hold for the near future.

See previous post. Yes, look for double
Ragoo
AG
TD Ameritrade bought Dough.com which was Tasty Trade's first option trading platform.
oldarmy1
AG
On that Friday BAC expiration....close enough to sell it here at 31.13
ryanhnc10
AG
KIM looks like it's close to breaking a reverse h&s. I'll be watching that one
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

On that Friday BAC expiration....close enough to sell it here at 31.13

BTW....reason I said close enough is because a magic hour sell usually occurs somewhere around 1:30pm. Again, don't ask me why, profit taking by day traders, program trade kicks in to equalize days buys, whatever. But it is 8 out of 10 up day occurrence.
jtmoney03
AG
So much for taking a lunch today...totally missed your updated post! Though I was able to unload it .20 since it's steadily falling back, and I'll gladly take 150% on my first option trade. Thanks for the help oldarmy1!!
oldarmy1
AG
So Trump says North Korea sit down might not happen and markets overreact 150 points down. Mark all tops today because big buyers have shown their hands now and we will be at least back to those levels after the typical wash-rinse-repeat hysteria settles.
cgh1999
AG
It's annoying, but I just went in and added to a few positions because I think we will recover these dips soon.
oldarmy1
AG
Hey if the markets want to fill Friday to Monday gap and give me my covered calls I was about to have called out back I'll be ecstatic. In fact go ahead and fill that gap back to 24774 so I can buy 100% of them back for a few pennies!
pfo
AG
Thanks Ragoo
Ragoo
AG
They paid $600MM. Screw the options trading, make software, sell and drift off into the sunset.
what say you
what happened to CHK, SN, and SWN?
oldarmy1
AG
what say you said:

what happened to CHK, SN, and SWN?
Kim and Trump rhetoric. Frankly the huge gains on CHK and SN were due for some consolidation. It only looks like they go straight up. SWN had just broken out so its going to continue that once all this noise subsides.
oldarmy1
AG
BAC is up to $31.06 after hours.

SWN up a couple of cents. Classic over-reaction in the markets.
Ranger222
AG
The SPX has hit resistance at the 2743 level which is a gap from mid March twice now and sold off. I think the market was looking to sell and the politics gave them a reason. I could see a little more sell off to the 100 day moving average which is current at 2709 and the top of the gap up from May 10 to confirm support before breaking that annoying 2743 resistance overhead. At least that is what I'm looking at right now
Rice and Fries
RIP my SPY call weeklies.
oldarmy1
AG
snowmnag970 said:

RIP my SPY call weeklies.
Call Options expiring tomorrow are toasted.

Still all over BAC Calls out to June 15th with Trump likely to sign Dodd Franks overhaul. That goes for most financials.
cgh1999
AG
Financials are due for a big pop when the bill gets signed.
Big Cat 05
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Still all over BAC Calls out to June 15th with Trump likely to sign Dodd Franks overhaul. That goes for most financials.
Are you buying or selling calls?
oldarmy1
AG
Big Cat 05 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Are you buying or selling calls?
Buying.

Also - expect automaker stocks to withstand some selling. p.s. I don't ever mess with that sector.

oldarmy1
AG
Thank you hysterical markets for allowing me to buy back 90% of all of my Covered Call Options for under an average 8 cents. Also for locking in some nice Put Options gains. God bless panicking traders. May they never learn.
aggiehunter3
AG
Thank you Netflix.

Picked up some 6/15 $350 calls at $2.9 yesterday. Sold half earlier at $6 to take all risk off.

I also picked up some aapl 6/15 $190s yesterday. Down on them but like the support at 185. It has been flagging for the last 9 days and looking for a flag break and retest of 190.

Also sold remainder CHK calls at $1 yesterday. Total return of 370%.
oldarmy1
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

Thank you Netflix.

Picked up some 6/15 $350 calls at $2.9 yesterday. Sold half earlier at $6 to take all risk off.

I also picked up some aapl 6/15 $190s yesterday. Down on them but like the support at 185. It has been flagging for the last 9 days and looking for a flag break and retest of 190.

Also sold remainder CHK calls at $1 yesterday. Total return of 370%.
Very nice! And In agree with your take on AAPL. I also am holding some calls out to same marker on it.
leoj
AG
Thoughts on GE after today's beating?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Bought $3.5 6/1 puts on SHLD for $.40. Earnings pre-market tomorrow. I don't think it will be pretty. Hell, the things already went up 30% within 30 minutes of my purchase.
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Thoughts on GE after today's beating?
1st remember that post on selling some shares on the push over $15 and then selling $15 covered calls? Well there is a God!

I've covered those before close and turned around purchasing the June 29th $15's at $0.20. When you have that much profit taking that ends near lows you are likely to get a further move that direction until volume support shows up. I would wager a guess that GE will flash below $14 before moving back up more slowly.

We hit below $14 and I'll buy back the shares sold above $15....rinse repeat.

Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Bought $3.5 6/1 puts on SHLD for $.40. Earnings pre-market tomorrow. I don't think it will be pretty. Hell, the things already went up 30% within 30 minutes of my purchase.
what is your end game here buying puts? I see the current ask on these options is $0.84 while the bid to sell them back to the market is only $0.20. Even at $0.40 you the price of the stock has to take greater than 10% from today's close to break even.
oldarmy1
AG
For you candlestick technicians what are your thoughts on the SWN long-legged doji formed today?

Ranger222
AG
Congrats on NFLX. I got stopped out of this week 340 C a couple of days ago that would have banked today, but such is life.
Ranger222
AG
Old friend JD may be worth a look.....forming nice wedge on the weekly and today saw big buying in long dated July and September 40 calls
oldarmy1
AG
Ranger222 said:

Old friend JD may be worth a look.....forming nice wedge on the weekly and today saw big buying in long dated July and September 40 calls
I will join you on this!
Bonfire1996
AG
Comcast bid on Fox Assets is all about Hulu. Disney owned fox gives them controlling interest in Hulu. Comcast bid on Fox Assets gives NBC controlling interest in Hulu. What a battle for the future of tv streaming! If Comcast wins the bid, Disney has to create a new streaming service from scratch instead of coopting Hulu.

You know who may get caught up in this and bought by the loser of the bid? Roku. And they may get turned into a streaming service themselves.
Big Cat 05
AG
What's everyone's thoughts on entry into CHK?
First Page Last Page
Page 132 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.