Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,515,704 Views | 223262 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by confucius_ag
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LK halted on surging again.
BB675
AG
Any O&G to jump into now?
fightintxag13
AG
OXY halted.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
ProgN
tam2002
AG
What do y'all think about MRO? Think they'll come out on the other side of this?
BenRev09
AG
BB675 said:

Any O&G to jump into now?
OVV broke out of it's channel (darvis box?)
gougler08
AG
You can get $0.75 for selling Apr 17 LADR 5 puts, for anyone looking to go long / lower cost base (me)
ProgN

If he's right, then numbers are going to dramatically come down fast and businesses will be permitted to reopen then the market will jump.

Just something to file away in your head when you're establishing put positions.
Shundere
Do we think O&G keep going? I bought some XOM 4/17 43C yesterday. Thanks for that heads up whoever it was.
oldarmy1
AG
Don't get shaken out of LK.
PPAag06
AG
Care to explain? Was attempting to exit calls when stopped again.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Prognightmare said:

Just something to file away in your head when you're establishing put positions.
fuggin a right, brother!
Foamcows
AG
Finally... this blind squirrel got a nut... Thanks to oldarmy I jumped on OVV a while back @ 2.14 and its finally paying off.
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

If he's right, then numbers are going to dramatically come down fast and businesses will be permitted to reopen then the market will jump.

The key here is to administer BEFORE the intubation, which isn't happening at a lot of hospitals. THey're waiting for a positive test and then by the time they get it the people already IN the hospital are beyond where the HCQ/ZPack are helpful.

It's a great prevenative in early stages, but it's hesitantly being administered in the early stages at many places.
oldarmy1
AG
PPAag06 said:

Care to explain? Was attempting to exit calls when stopped again.
Huge money flows continue to buy the April 17 $13 strikes. Heck if you have 100+ shares you can sell a $13 covered call for over $1 and probably back to $1.50+ soon. That gives you a 30% downside net neutral effect or a crazy $14 effective price if called out at $13.
G Money
AG
How do you see this progressing over next 3 weeks or so?

Got in on 4/24 $15c $LK
oldarmy1
AG
After most halts upward it trades down at the restart and then buyers come in
ProgN
True, but even patients that are in bad shape are getting it and recovering. More and more patients will more than likely start getting this treatment nationwide daily and as those results are logged more doctors should also begin to prescribe it. It will create a snowball effect.

This is just something to keep your eyes on.

The market just shrugged off -6.5 Million job losses, if it shrugs off a horrendous non-farm payroll number tomorrow, you don't want to be short, jmo.
Proposition Joe
I don't think it shrugged them off, it saw them coming 7-10 days ago and factored it into the dip.
jsap
I have 100 shares of LK and I'm still trying to figure out this covered call. Care to explain? Does anyone know how to set that up in Fidelity?
oldarmy1
AG
G Money said:

How do you see this progressing over next 3 weeks or so?

Got in on 4/24 $15c $LK
I'm simply looking at the big money flow into calls. I'm sure some of it could be large short holders that are using the lowest call options to guarantee a no loss trade but at $4 if they didn't cover and went that direction they are nuts. I think the majority of the volume is just big money.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Shundere said:

Do we think O&G keep going? I bought some XOM 4/17 43C yesterday. Thanks for that heads up whoever it was.

XOM humblebrag...4/17 $45 calls

3/19 bought 1 @ .49
3/20 bought 2 @ .2
3/24 bought 4 @ .11
3/24 sold 2 @ .25
3/25 sold 3 @ .6
today sold remaining 3 @ 1

wtf...math doesn't work out? robinhood history is whack
oldarmy1
AG
Now that we broke 2510 and quickly pulled back the scenario reverses. Every minute we stay below comes more selling pressure by those not wanting to miss a potential bounce top.
jj9000
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Now that we broke 2510 and quickly pulled back the scenario reverses. Every minute we stay below comes more selling pressure by those not wanting to miss a potential bounce top.
Stop going fishing...will ya already?
McInnis 03
AG
Even with good oil news, good virus news, etc.....I feel like we're on day 2 of one of the crappiest quarters our country will see for awhile. Long term trend still yucky for 2 months IMO? Am I nuts?

P.S. What I wouldn't give to sit at a really good Tex-Mex restaurant and eat some chips and drink some margaritas with a hand full of y'all right now lol
Ranger222
AG
aggiebonzo
AG
New to trading and have a TD Ameritrade account. Can someone explain a covered call or share a good YT video explaining?
Shundere
TD has pretty good education courses, may be able to find it in there.
ProgN
I see what your saying but the market wiped out 3+ years of gains in 4 weeks, don't you think the next 2 qtrs played into that?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
aggiebonzo said:

New to trading and have a TD Ameritrade account. Can someone explain a covered call or share a good YT video explaining?
investopedia is actually really good for this sort of stuff. I read their articles all the time on stuff these guys are discussion that I don't understand
aggiebonzo
AG
Thanks!
Grown Pear
AG
aggiebonzo said:

Quick version example is:
You own 100 shares of a particular stock. Own it - you're long.
You SELL one CALL contract, meaning you have the OBLIGATION to sell that particular stock at a particular price and date.

You're covered in the sense if you have the stock to sell, you already own it and don't have to buy it on the open market.

Buy call = right to buy stock at price/date
Sell call = obligation to sell if exercised by buyer.

ETA example how it may come about:
You bought XOM at $35/share and sold a call option that has a strike price of $40. You collect a premium for selling/taking on that obligation. That's a covered call. If XOM stays <$40 you collect the premium and keep your stock. However, say now that XOM is $41+ the buyer of that call option decides to exercise it. So now you have to sell them XOM at $40 and they profit $1/share (excluding the premium they paid you, which you keep and own). You profit $40 sales price less your cost of $35 (exlc. premium you collected). Had you not sold a covered call and only sold a call.... you'd have to buy XOM at $41 and sell it at $40 creating a $1 loss for yourself

Further Edit: I like covered calls when prices aren't likely to jump significantly (although the premiums are usually lower because of this). I like to own the stock and collect its dividend and the premium that comes with selling covered call which reduces my cost of owning the stock (my pure cost, not tax basis!)... I try to choose an exercise price where a good gain is baked in incase I'm forced to sell it.
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

I see what your saying but the market wiped out 3+ years of gains in 4 weeks, don't you think the next 2 qtrs played into that?
We certainly are faster at processing and executing on data than we used to be.
oldarmy1
AG
If you bought under $5 you can sell the Jan 21 $15 for $2.30 The $12.50 for $2.65 - the $10 for $3.20 or the $5 for $4.60

Heck sell the $5 versus taking a loss if bought here at $7.50. Options are the greatest gift to traders in the world.

I bought APPL: premarket at $238 and missed my sell at $244.50 (it hit $244.35 while I was on the phone distracted). I see it at $244 dropping down and so I simply sell an April 17 $244 covered calls at $10.65. Now I get either $255.65 or lower my $238 entry down to net $227.35.
First Page Last Page
Page 1237 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.