Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,055,413 Views | 224337 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by cryption
Jack Pearson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The mouse/Disney is up ...bought in at 85 yesterday...take $$$ or let it ride longer
McInnis 03
AG
If you were going to sell a covered call on XOM right now, would you bust it now or wait until after the vote?
iluvpoker
Carlo4 said:

When everything passed back in 2008, markets dipped about 2% if I remember the old articles. We bottomed months later.

Who knows this time around?

There was skepticism that those programs would work. Nothing like that had ever been tried before. Plus the dims had firm control of the govt. so I think this time we will see a much quicker bottom. Only thing that pushes us lower is an unexpected surge in deaths and that seems unlikely as expectations are realistic. I don't think we go below the lows set yesterday.
ProgN
classof2019 said:

The mouse/Disney is up ...bought in at 85 yesterday...take $$$ or let it ride longer
I sold mine this morning. I'll get another bite of it sub 90, I'm confident in that.
Pignorant
AG
ROKU vibin'
gougler08
AG
ONTX and MU both strong today prior to their earnings...I can't imagine that MU will have a good report though
Aggietaco
AG
Pignorant said:

ROKU vibin'
My $90 sell is looking reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal smart right now.
ProgN
Quote:

Pelosi says she's optimistic about coronavirus stimulus bill
Today 10:02 AM ET (MarketWatch)

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi on Tuesday said she was optimistic progress could be made on a massive spending bill to soften the blow of the coronavirus pandemic. "There is real optimism we could get something done in the next few hours," Pelosi said in an interview on CNBC. "I think we're on a good track," she added. While everyone appreciates the gravity of the moment, Pelosi said, the problem was there were some "poison pills" in the Senate Republican bill that have to be stripped out. She said she was also working to add more provisions that assist workers struggling as their firms shut down. Pelosi said there was agreement over oversight of the $500 billion fund to assist companies hurt by the shutdown of the economy.
McInnis 03
AG
Aggietaco said:

Pignorant said:

ROKU vibin'
Smarter than my $79 sell yesterday. Hush you.
BB675
AG
Do y'all like BA?
PPAag06
AG
This feels like a sell the news type situation.
ProgN
Exactly and I did.
Aggietaco
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Aggietaco said:

Pignorant said:

ROKU vibin'
Smarter than my $79 sell yesterday. Hush you.
Sorry, bruh.
IrishTxAggie
AG
BB675 said:

Do y'all like BA?

Some people do
azul_rain
im skeptical, seems like people are fed up with big money getting bailed out. I think due to boeings government contracts they will see one, i dont think boeings stock will skyrocket though
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Morning coffee looking like a day off from watching the market. Kinda nice actually! Might get some work done. I have said before that I feel we are nowhere near the bottom and I have no idea where that will eventually be. Once all the numbers and reports come In and 3,6,9 months from now we will see what this has done. Just in case I'll be standing by for another bite of VTI around Dow 18,150 or so....

If that never happens I'm good too.

Great up day for everyone and make sure to get to go food from a restaurant today and tip well!
claym711
AG
I fail to see how they can let BA fail.
azul_rain
they wont, but i think their bailout will come at a great cost
thirdcoast
AG
Prognightmare said:

Quote:

Pelosi says she's optimistic about coronavirus stimulus bill
Today 10:02 AM ET (MarketWatch)

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi on Tuesday said she was optimistic progress could be made on a massive spending bill to soften the blow of the coronavirus pandemic. "There is real optimism we could get something done in the next few hours," Pelosi said in an interview on CNBC. "I think we're on a good track," she added. While everyone appreciates the gravity of the moment, Pelosi said, the problem was there were some "poison pills" in the Senate Republican bill that have to be stripped out. She said she was also working to add more provisions that assist workers struggling as their firms shut down. Pelosi said there was agreement over oversight of the $500 billion fund to assist companies hurt by the shutdown of the economy.

When Cramer was interviewing he pleaded about retail shareholders and how dividends and 401K shares so are important to retirees etc., her response was that it may be something to be looked at closer to election time. I thought that was interesting.
ProgN
Something to keep in mind gang, they are starting chloroquine treatments today in NY. Early success stories are already out there but we'll have a very good idea of it's ability to stop the panic by the end of the week because, evidently it helps patients within the first 36 hours.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Sure wish I had bought those calls before close yesterday. However, this market just makes no sense right now. It seems news driven but no rhyme or reason to it. Also, if news had come out overnight that the vote was delayed to end of week or something like that, market would've cratered
ProgN
She wants to keep a lid on any rally but she can't. If the treatments in NY are successful, combined with an aggressive fed, stock prices are going to rise. Imo, those treatments are the most important part of this week because a stimulus will get done.
thirdcoast
AG
claym711 said:

How do you guys define "fail"?

If US Treasury buys BA bonds and they end up restructuring to maintain production and market share on other end, does that mean they didn't "fail"?
Maximus_Meridius
AG
I'm holding long on Roku and DIS, thinking about throwing up a stop sell at 95 on Roku and 94 on DIS. Seem about right to everyone? Just don't want to get "shaken out"
McInnis 03
AG
ZM is down $10 today, could be a dip point for some of y'all.
ProgN
If you bought them for a trade, then sell them. Why settle for a lower price later when they're both higher now. You'll probably get a chance at buying both a lot cheaper than where they are right now.
khaos288
AG
Sorry gents. Bought calls.
GreasenUSA
AG
Was able to get out of VIX puts for green that were touted as free money by Bruce Wayne.
Agnzona
Wow the market really hates the Olympics!
Carlo4
AG
LOL at RCL up 33% today
claym711
AG
thirdcoast said:

claym711 said:

How do you guys define "fail"?

If US Treasury buys BA bonds and they end up restructuring to maintain production and market share on other end, does that mean they didn't "fail"?

Good point here.
tam2002
AG
Carlo4 said:

LOL at RCL up 33% today

lol I don't get it at all. I sold some at 34. I don't see how they don't have another fall. It's gonna be a long time before ships are full and cruising
Spaceship
AG
Cramer and CNBC gave Pelosi a forum to lie and ramble this morning, and she went totally unchallenged on the Democrats' pathetic stimulus bill. Shameful.
khaos288
AG
Spaceship said:

Cramer and CNBC gave Pelosi a forum to lie and ramble this morning, and she went totally unchallenged on the Democrats' pathetic stimulus bill. Shameful.
Got anything to contribute or just bellyaching?

At least put some points of the bill that are bad for investing so it's relevant to the thread.
Agnzona
tam2002 said:

Carlo4 said:

LOL at RCL up 33% today

lol I don't get it at all. I sold some at 34. I don't see how they don't have another fall. It's gonna be a long time before ships are full and cruising
I think anything travel related and oil and gas, you can buy at bargains still months from now.
The Blue chips is what you want to but now and in the weeks to come!
First Page Last Page
Page 1181 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.