Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,074,208 Views | 224426 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggietaco said:

So much for my $81 DIS order going through.
Almost hit.
FriscoKid
AG
I'm afraid to be short here. If the drug cocktail is effective then we go back to work and trillions of dollars will have been printed. Fear will evaporate overnight and it will be be a strict unemployment/earnings event that the market knows how to price.
khaos288
AG
FriscoKid said:

I'm afraid to be short here. If the drug cocktail is effective then we go back to work and trillions of dollars will have been printed. Fear will evaporate overnight and it will be be a strict unemployment/earnings event that the market knows how to price.

An effective treatment isn't going to be a vaccine level safety measure. It's still highly contagious, and we have a very unhealthy population.
Post removed:
by user
lawless89
TEUM making some moves.
La Bamba
AG
jayelbee said:

FriscoKid said:

While most daily life may go back to normal in the US, I anticipate travel, especially international, will see lasting impacts going for the next year or more until people forget about everything. If the effective shutting in of everyone lasts 8+ weeks like some say it could, then it may drastically impact the way we work, shop, eat, consume entertainment, and many other things if the habits stick.

Once daily life goes back to normal in the US, it will long have already been normal in other places. Japan is already up and going. China (reports) are as well. News today that Germany is starting to flatten curve. We will be the last ones to "come back to normal" save those hardest hit (Italy, Spain, Iran).
oldarmy1
AG
Looks like die is cast. Drop on markets. Sideways off 2250/2295 and see if Bill passes. I closed out my SPY covered calls when premium dropped from $6.73 to $1.29 and bought a Put for hedge. Then bought the $234 call. I would be surprised with all the pressure on politicians not to see a Bill passed today.
Touchless
AG
For a stock like LADR, why are the strike price options in increments of $2.50 when the stock price itself is only $4 currently? The only potential strike price that seems reasonable really is at $5. The $2.50 and $7.50 are both just really far away at that stock price.
fightintxag13
AG
Anyone have a price target for ZM to sell and take profits? I bought in at $116.
Boat Shoes
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Looks like die is cast. Drop on markets. Sideways off 2250/2295 and see if Bill passes. I closed out my SPY covered calls when premium dropped from $6.73 to $1.29 and bought a Put for hedge. Then bought the $234 call. I would be surprised with all the pressure on politicians not to see a Bill passed today.

Trying to decide if I hold my puts through the vote or take a small profit now. I could see it falling rapidly in the event it fails. Is a yes vote already baked in at this point?
oldarmy1
AG
Hey, you know Pelosi and Schumer. Not to be overly political, but when Nancy said if there is collateral damage in making sure Trump fails, and then you see her show up and torpedo the Bill in the 9th inning, anything is possible.
oldarmy1
AG
Pet products and drugs spiking online. Should push CVET
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

weekly $234 or today expiry?
Aggie_2463
AG
I know nothing about LADR..

Does this $4.14 look like a good short term flip for the bounce to anyone? Asking for a friend
Brewmaster
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Anyone have a price target for ZM to sell and take profits? I bought in at $116.
HP was saying trim some here (and that was at 147 or so). I'd feel safe to trim half here for sure.
Aggie_2463
AG
PROG did you make your 10% on RIG this morning?

Yeah me either. I'm scared money right now.
ProgN
Aggie_2463 said:

PROG did you make your 10% on RIG this morning?

Yeah me either. I'm scared money right now.
oldarmy1
AG
Today....but realize the $1.04 will either become a $5+ win on passage or a total loss if it waits until markets close to do something, or does nothing.
claym711
AG
They will never really tighten. They can't. Any slight tightening is 8-10 years or more away. No way to undo what's been done. Powell said it himself back in 2012, and fulfilled his own prophecy in 2018.

Fed and treasury aren't doing an unlimited pump because they think life goes back to normal in a couple of months. Going to be a recession, zero doubt now. Consumption will not rebound to where it was for a long while.

Long term Market will likely inflate artificially again until the next crash. But, this pump will not have the same effect as 08. Too much juice has already been squeezed.
IrishTxAggie
AG
claym711 said:

They will never really tighten. They can't. Any slight tightening is 8-10 years or more away. No way to undo what's been done. Powell said it himself back in 2012, and fulfilled his own prophecy in 2018.

Fed and treasury aren't doing an unlimited pump because they think life goes back to normal in a couple of months. Going to be a recession, zero doubt now. Consumption will not rebound to where it was for a long while.

Long term Market will likely inflate artificially again until the next crash. But, this pump will not have the same effect as 08. Too much juice has already been squeezed.
Thank you Market Nostradamus. If you throw enough **** against the wall, eventually something will stick.
oldarmy1
AG
Meanwhile WYNN up over $3
claym711
AG
So bitter, man.
jj9000
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

claym711 said:

Thank you Market Nostradamus. If you throw enough **** against the wall, eventually something will stick.
To be fair, there's as much (or more) "hey, look at this graph, we're about to pop back up to all-time highs" going on in this thread. I understand folks are upset about current conditions.

I also appreciate reading both sides of the coin.
IrishTxAggie
AG
claym711 said:

So bitter, man.
I don't give a rat's ass. I lost a ****load in the initial move, but I'm nearing back to even because I'm playing daily and not holding anything overnight. You don't know which way the market will go long term and you're acting no different than any other analyst that throws out a bunch of theories so you can run back to one of them and said "see, told ya so"...but ignore the 75% of other crap I've said.
claym711
AG
You seem to give a rats ass based on your panicked responses.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Standing by for another big bite of VTI around Dow 18,150.....
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Looks like more Corona Cranky going on......
IrishTxAggie
AG
claym711 said:

You seem to give a rats ass based on your panicked responses.
It's not panicked. It's the annoyance with your schtick. I have the ability to respond rather quickly because Europe is shutdown and I'm done with my work in India and China because it's late evening there.
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

fightintxag13 said:

HP was saying trim some here (and that was at 147 or so). I'd feel safe to trim half here for sure.
Bought ZM in Dec when it was like 67, can't convince myself to cut any loose.
Rice and Fries
The Credit Crunch in the debt markets is real. **** is hitting the fan with lending and MBS/ABS/CMBS issuances.
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

BREwmaster said:

fightintxag13 said:

bought the initial crash dip at 103, likewise, I might just hold it forever (or at least through Corona-craziness).
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

BREwmaster said:

fightintxag13 said:

bought the initial crash dip at 103, likewise, I might just hold it forever (or at least through Corona-craziness).
I bought DOCU at the same time, they were in the same article I was reading that day. I scared myself out of DOCU last week when it was tanking and I was back to even. I convinced myself the slowdown would limit people requiring their service. BOOM, as soon as I hit confirm and send, it was back up the next day and hasn't looked back yet.
YNWA_AG
AG

claym711
AG
Your strategy seems to be something like 90% long, so I get some annoyance with any dissenting opinion. But when unicorn farts, QE infinity, and free trump checks can't send the market up, you might want to re-balance.

I invite you to point out where I've been wrong, and happy to compare returns.
Rice and Fries
claym711 said:

Your strategy seems to be something like 90% long, so I get some annoyance with any dissenting opinion. But when unicorn farts, QE infinity, and free trump checks can't send the market up, you might want to re-balance.

I invite you to point out where I've been wrong, and happy to compare returns.
You've not been wrong IMO.

Markets are looking to hold steady so MM can dump off their risk before we go lower....
First Page Last Page
Page 1173 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.