Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,120,682 Views | 224620 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by ProgN
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
Hang Seng and SSE looking pretty good this morning. A solid Green Day out of Asia would be nice to build off of tomorrow.
M.C. Swag
AG
I don't think we've reached a bottom.
claym711
AG
This is still just rumor but from sources in Cali and a Chicago, national guard is being deploying. If it's there, it's elsewhere.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
12thMan86
AG
OverSeas AG said:

I do not look at Drudge too much anymore, but looking just a moment ago, it is all doom and gloom. "Wealth will be destroyed"

I think it is going to be another crazy day tomorrow...I am more convinced there are certain people that want to roil everything...
Wealth destroyed if you don't buy puts or sell call credit spreads
AggieKeith15
AG
Thoughts on Mylan NV (MYL)? Am I missing anything on their profile that makes them an unsafe bet?

Apparently they are donating 50MM tablets of HCL to help aid with the CV. Looks like they are about to start trending again, but are down significantly from where they were a few years ago.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
M.C. Swag said:

I don't think we've reached a bottom.

Not even close.

No total death count.
No cure.
No unemployment numbers.
No negative gdp numbers.
No in the gutter earnings reports.
No bailout numbers yet.
No end to the oil fight yet.
AggieKeith15
AG
I would argue that many of those numbers and/or resolutions are too far out for them to dictate the bottom. Instead it's more like each of those are triggers to prolong the bottom or they will just be downward ticks on the way up.

Also I think many Americans will regard HCL as a "cure." It might be an ignorant assumption on their part, but I think many will see it as such.
gig em 02
claym711 said:

This is still just rumor but from sources in Cali and a Chicago, national guard is being deploying. If it's there, it's elsewhere.
Arent they prepping to set up hospitals if needed?
Aggie_2463
AG
I know of critical infrastructure companies that already preparing for a curfew of sorts. I expect one soon
thirdcoast
AG
The "15 day to stop spread" ends on April 1.

At that point we will get the "flattening of the curve" news along with +95% negative test results. The curve will be steep, so hopefully they have a vertical line for when tests were deployed to show DETECTION, not disease spread, is reason for initial steep velocity. Mortality rate decrease will be central, considering huge positive survivor denominator increase. Surely promising vaccine/treatment news will be progressed. Finally, the muzzle will be put the millennials talk and bad stories from inferior countries... hopefully.

The media however, will surely find a way to keep the hysteria going and will chop up a new version for the nightly news.

The awesome TA pattern experts here may be better indicator before then. Thanks for all you guys sharing your seasoned expertise.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
McInnis 03
AG
We need more Barry's

CSTXAg92
AG
Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

Lots of stuff saying we are near the bottom...looks like we may start down tomorrow and if we end green in to the weekend, that seems like a really good sign too
I'd normally agree but I've run across this a few times today. Don't shoot the messenger. There's rumblings that there's going to be an announcement this weekend of a 7 day National shutdown and national guard troops will be deployed in some major cities. Personally, I don't believe it but the board should be made aware before trading ends tomorrow. I wouldn't want anyone here to get trapped in positions over the weekend. However, if it were to be true then I don't see a positive reaction from the markets on Monday.

Like I said, I think it's paranoia, but you never know.
I've heard something similar from a solid source. Mandatory sequester coming.
thirdcoast
AG
So short squeeze into close tmrw like the other Fridays?
Or dice rolling into Monday?

Oil up 5% AH
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/future/crude%20oil%20-%20electronic
ttha_aggie_09
AG
This is all pure BS internet rumors. I know a few Ags that are in the National Guard and they are still working their normal jobs.

There is literally no need for the national guard to enforce anything right now, especially considering most people's obedience to the recommendations in effect.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures +90. I got to sell my ADBE $286 extra buybacks a 3rd time at $322 just now.

All the buys are rocking. Don't see anything else up enough to take some profits yet but placed some asks above just in case.

Back to bed!
ProgN
Looks like a huge open, I'm going to take this opportunity to sell more of my trades. Im up and booking profits before a weekend during a correction is always prudent and makes the weekend more enjoyable. Good luck to everyone.
Agzonfire
Look to sell early or hold till closer towards end of the day? I agree I don't want to keep over the weekend either.
Carlo4
AG
All of the battered stocks (airlines, hotels, cruises) up about 15-20% if you bought after hours yesterday.

Is this a huge rally day and sell off right at closing?
ProgN
PDEMDHC said:

All of the battered stocks (airlines, hotels, cruises) up about 15-20% if you bought after hours yesterday.

Is this a huge rally day and sell off right at closing?
You never know but I'm not going to gamble on a huge open and pray the rally continues. There are always stocks to buy so I'll be happy being in cash and re-enter on a down day, more of which we will most assuredly have.
Wrighty
AG
Logical thing is that market closes down end of day as no traders want to be exposed over the weekend.

Thats the logical thing. But this is the stock market so who knows....
Rice and Fries
Holding my 3/25 SPY puts over the weekend. I think y'all are blind to not see a lockdown coming. NYSE floor trading is closed on Monday.

Daddy Trump asking people to delay jobless claims cause of bad news. We've gone from 1705 cases last Friday to 14,000 in the US alone. How the hell can sind of y'all not see this is NOT the bottom? We've not even seen the economic impact of the virus on earnings or PMI.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures cut in half. Had two other stock sale fills at my ask that are now several dollars lower.

Limit sales for the win. Reminder that if you trade you need platform with access to actually TRADE all market hours.
AnyOtherName
AG
If I have run out of daily trades in a margin account and proceed with a 4th round trip trade will I incur the pattern day trade flag even if I have more than $25k in my account?

• If I never intend to borrow beyond the cash I have, does it make sense to even have a margin account or should I switch it to a cash account?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Assuming you're talking about RH, as long as you're over 25k, it doesn't matter.
oldarmy1
AG
Posted on wrong thread

ONTX based and has look to move back to previous basing before the debacle virus hit. Don't think it breaks to retest the $0.60's but maybe makes a play to $0.42 which is still a decent ROI. That previous basing becomes resistance.
jj9000
AG
Saw this on another thread and thought it to relevant to many of your interests:

2.2M is a big number, boys.
Talon2DSO
AG
I see the big open and I'm holding two puts expiring today. Still think it ends down.

I've got SPY 240p and 235p
AnyOtherName
AG
So I should just ignore the warnings from TD stating that "one more round trip will flag me for pattern day trading"?

Also, is it just 25k net value of my account? If I am at 27k, does that mean I can only play with 2k or does the net value of the account during an open play just have to stay above 25k...
oldarmy1
AG
RUBI/TLRA looking like a rise from the ashes
oldarmy1
AG
Talon2DSO said:

I see the big open and I'm holding two puts expiring today. Still think it ends down.

I've got SPY 240p and 235p

I went with a covered call below the closing price and sold a naked Put right at the closing price. Was leaning towards it being a positive open and can close the naked Put and will buy a straight Put soon after open for next week.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Not sure what TD's rules are. My broker the warning doesn't mean anything as long as the account value is over $25k. You can play with all 27k, just need to make sure you're over 25k by 6est (I think)
McInnis 03
AG
If you're over 25K it's just a rubber stamp. If you dip below 25K then you could be locked to closing trades only until you +25K again.
First Page Last Page
Page 1154 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.