Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,518,512 Views | 223285 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
cupcakesprinkles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
edit nvm
IrishTxAggie
AG
Major shorts and dilution.
FriscoKid
AG
Hope we rally into that 1660 range again early.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

$NVCN

One to keep an eye on. It's a "penny stock", but it hit its floor at about $0.035 last week and it just broke through a resistance with attitude after a warrant exercise. Their bread and butter is a product called Tiara which is a transcatheter device designed to treat mitral regurgitation (MR).
I haven't traded penny stocks in years. The recent volume is either the last of the Mohicans getting out before it stops trading or there is going to be a pop. Super high risk. Also, these will usually do some kind of a reverse split to save them from pink sheet status.

If you think they have a great product, with little competition and the resources to survive then hope its about to jump. Hey - if it just fills the last gap down at a dime you could sell half and get your money back.

FriscoKid
AG
Sorry, meant 2660. Looks like it's going to hold again. I'm in with a tight stop at 2670.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Aveo finally got over that 2.70, wonder if It'll hold
IrishTxAggie
AG
$2.82... it's running...
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

$2.82... it's running...
AVEO

Appreciate the call on it!
FriscoKid
AG
Are we going to break through? Been kissing for the past 20 minutes.
oldarmy1
AG
INTC approaching resistance top on Darvis Box formed back to February. Good option opportunity IMO
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

$2.82... it's running...
AVEO

Appreciate the call on it!

Yeah, thanks.
oldarmy1
AG
These have been taken.

I have 3 of the $39 tickets to the Spring League game at 5:30 this evening. Anyone in the area who wants to see Johnny play send me a DM with your email. Will email you tickets.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Glad y'all were able to get in at that bottom. The info you've shared has made me a good bit of money too.
leoj
AG
Well, I got an early lesson in risk tolerance when messing around with some options. I had a single 4/13 call in MU at both 47.5 and 48.5 that I dumped on Friday after I was down over 50%. Fast forward to today and if I had held on I would be green by quite a bit.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Glad y'all were able to get in at that bottom. The info you've shared has made me a good bit of money too.
I took 5k of the remaining 15k off the table at $2.80. My goal was to hold 10k long term and now the holding is free and clear. On to the next one!
FriscoKid
AG
Check out the S&P. We've tested this three times now. Went exactly to the line earlier today.

Of course it still might break today. I'm still selling at that level until it breaks.
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

Check out the S&P. We've tested this three times now. Went exactly to the line earlier today.

Of course it still might break today. I'm still selling at that level until it breaks.
Skimming some day trading points? You selling at 2664, just above the 2663 intraday support? You flipping to cover and then buy for back to the retest highs?
oldarmy1
AG
GE terrible intraday chart but has a clear support line.

FriscoKid
AG
~263.4 for sure. I'll probably cover some before that though.
FriscoKid
AG
265.0 looks good?
MidnightMugdown
For you guys understanding all of the technical aspects of the markets - what resources have you used to brush up on your knowledge? Did most of you major in finance or do this as your job? Are there any online resources you'd recommend for beginner traders?
Ranger222
AG
With bitcoin rebounding in a big way today, watch OSTK (overstock) for a break above 40. Some big players here thinking its going to 100 over the coming months, so it could squeeze fast and hard once it gets going.
leoj
AG
Oldarmy recommended a couple books to me a few pages back.
tailgatetimer10
AG
We should get some of the FAQ edited into the first post
MidnightMugdown
Thanks for the info. I'll try to find and take a look. Hard to sift through such a large thread now haha.
leoj
AG
Page 89
tailgatetimer10
AG
SQ just broke above resistance
0708aggie
AG
Anyone playing banks into earnings tomorrow or Monday? How about KBE (ETF)?
FriscoKid
AG
0708aggie said:

Anyone playing banks into earnings tomorrow or Monday? How about KBE (ETF)?
I bought a small call position (May) for JPM as a hedge.
FriscoKid
AG
wow

tailgatetimer10
FriscoKid
AG
Last 20 minutes of trading some HUGE volume came in and sold off bigly. We had broken through resistance and I decided to stay in my short position a little longer just to see what would happen. ( I told you all what I do wrong all the time. I get in too early and out too late.)

Then BAM.

I'd love OA to chime in and see what he thought about this late action.
IrishTxAggie
AG
What website/app are you using for your charts?
tailgatetimer10
AG
I saw the sell off but also saw the immediate buy back. What the hell was that??
FriscoKid
AG
The drop in the middle of the chart was when the news came out that Trump had 8 targets in Syria. And that was half the volume.
First Page Last Page
Page 110 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.