Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,080,492 Views | 224430 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by confucius_ag
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Princess just suspended all sailings for next two months.
oldarmy1
AG
Just know that buying into long markets looks ugly and messy. Your balances will go down naturally but the eventual recovery on these key names with plenty of $$$ will be glorious.

After 2008 my balance was down 28% but then up 31% just on the initial recovery.
oldarmy1
AG
First AAPL buys made
AgShaun00
AG
BREwmaster said:

Realize that the "war zone" that is north Italy -- they have a large elderly population. A very high percentage of the deaths there are elderly. This is not a plague of a virus. 99.5% or more have survived it and beaten it. This is a pneumonia like flu. Many that got it in China never went to a hospital or even reported it (thus skewing the WHO's numbers into making it look like a 3% death rate). It is far from that. I can pull up a recent prelim study or 2 to back that up if you like.

As Irish has said, this started in a poor part of China, where many were already immuno compromised or unwell from air pollution and other environmental factors.

You're right on surfaces, from what I've read, but keep in mind it does not like heat or humidity. I guess just don't order anything on Prime from AMZN
if you smoke, it has a big impact on you. TIME TO QUIT. Aggiedoc posted about it on the M&W board. I will try to link his facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2638055689810705&id=1998386763777604&sfnsn=mo
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Fitch said:

TV Casualty said:

Why is the coronavirus so much different than the swine flu? The swine flu infected 60 million people and 12,000 died in the U.S.

We didn't have a vaccine for the swine flu then and the whole world didn't freak out to this extent.
As of yesterday I would have said this is hyperbole and media sensationalism. Given the event cancellations and travel restrictions it's a little harder to make the case after today.

This evening I spoke with my roommate from A&M who has five or six medical degrees - he's dead set "this is the big one."
Interesting. My friend with several medical degrees thinks it's not nearly that bad.

Okay but when was the least time either of these friends stayed at a holiday inn Express?
Harkrider 93
AG
Thanks for the response.

He wasn't saying he knew, it was his opinion. This guy's name is Jeffrey Saut He has been managing money for 48 years. He is a pretty good follow due to his decent track record..

My curiosity is on the internal energy model. I have never heard of this and was curious if other traders follow something like that.

His partner is a technical trader and didn't mention anything other than he is now clueless as to what will happen next.

J_Landes89
AG
What's our TLRA play now?

Trying to keep up!
Harkrider 93
AG
I thought you were bullet proof!

YouBet
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Just know that buying into long markets looks ugly and messy. Your balances will go down naturally but the eventual recovery on these key names with plenty of $$$ will be glorious.

After 2008 my balance was down 28% but then up 31% just on the initial recovery.

Mine was up 40%. I didn't even blink at the 2008 recession because I was in my 30s. I went all in during that time.

This one has me spooked because I'm older, but I haven't pulled anything yet. I'm about to lose my mind over it though.

Actually have $12k on the line going in this morning assuming everything is running and then I'll watch it drop immediately. Yuck.
McInnis 03
AG
So many majors on sale. KO is on sale, AAPL is about to be on sale, AMZN is almost on sale, BA is close to being on sale. It's just nuts.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FriscoKid
AG
Is the floor empty?
Never mind....people are there
FriscoKid
AG
It's not going to be open more than a minute before the breaker.
Ridge14
Running out of cash to invest
McInnis 03
AG
We are locked, this feels different than monday. I doubt hard rebound.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
YouBet
AG
So, I had a order scheduled to execute on the open. That didn't happen. I assume it sits open until trading resumes and then it will automatically execute?

Unchartered waters here for me.
oldarmy1
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

I thought you were bullet proof!

Oh heck no! My Puts only protect from larger losses. It will be painful but this is getting to the time when you're either investing or in the wrong game.
Boat Shoes
AG
McInnis 03 said:

So many majors on sale. KO is on sale, AAPL is about to be on sale, AMZN is almost on sale, BA is close to being on sale. It's just nuts.

What level do you think AAPL and AMZN are on sale?
oldarmy1
AG
YouBet said:

So, I had a order scheduled to execute on the open. That didn't happen. I assume it sits open until trading resumes and then it will automatically execute?

Unchartered waters here for me.
If you had open orders you may cancel them, adjust them or leave them. They will execute if not touched and price hit.
59 South
AG
LADR seems like a smart buy in retirement accounts now
thirdcoast
AG
Cramer just got pulled off CNBC after whining, and now says the gov is going to do what he said needs to be done. Wonder who he talked to??
Carlo4
AG
Preach on sir!

The question to me, as someone with about $75,000 in cash in retirement IRA and savings, is when to back up the truck? I'm not an options/day trader guy, so mostly looking to buy solid companies with dividends for the IRA.

Don't get me wrong, lots of great "deals" here on certain stocks we have discussed. My gut tells me it drops even further. Great time to start buying and averaging over the coming days?
Brewmaster
AG
AAPL in 250's and AMZN in low 1700's, is definitely a sale...might see a tad lower, but I bet not much
shiphunt
AG
I could not get an order to go through (Before the halt) and I was hitting the ask for 5 minutes straight... On TDA.

Maybe my orders are too small lmao
Brewmaster
AG
I'd back up at least half the truck now at these prices and not worry one bit.
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
Ridge14
thirdcoast said:

Cramer just got pulled off CNBC after whining, and now says the gov is going to do what he said needs to be done. Wonder who he talked to??
Did they just cut away from him talking or what?
FriscoKid
AG
McInnis 03 said:

We are locked, this feels different than monday. I doubt hard rebound.

It might with the Cramer news.
Spaceship
AG
McInnis 03 said:

In English please.
GreasenUSA
AG
NRD09 said:

GreasenUSA said:

Fitch said:

TV Casualty said:

Why is the coronavirus so much different than the swine flu? The swine flu infected 60 million people and 12,000 died in the U.S.

We didn't have a vaccine for the swine flu then and the whole world didn't freak out to this extent.
As of yesterday I would have said this is hyperbole and media sensationalism. Given the event cancellations and travel restrictions it's a little harder to make the case after today.

This evening I spoke with my roommate from A&M who has five or six medical degrees - he's dead set "this is the big one."
Interesting. My friend with several medical degrees thinks it's not nearly that bad.

Okay but when was the least time either of these friends stayed at a holiday inn Express?
Though I really do have a doctor friend saying it's not that bad, you hit the nail of my post on the head.
gougler08
AG
Yeah I think I'll put the rest of my cash in some stocks today and then just not look at the accounts for a bit...haven't had much time to trade options lately anyways so will just sit on the sideline until we get back to more technical trading and less hysteria based trading
Ridge14
We open

Dropping like a rock
Carlo4
AG
Spaceship said:

McInnis 03 said:

In English please.
If my dumb*** is reading the chart right, this is the "low" like in 2009 after the real estate bubble.
ProgN
Bought DIS at 95
Jevertson
AG
I'm in similar situation and put 25% in vti and an s&p "high dividend low volatility" etf. Will put another 25% in either today or if/when s&p goes below 2450
Aston04
AG
Prognightmare said:

Bought DIS at 95
I wouldn't buy anything right now. I think the bottom is 18-19k.
First Page Last Page
Page 1087 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.