Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,101,105 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by jagvocate
Talon2DSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
topher06 said:

Not saying no, but I think talon is an energy attorney. Nothing wrong with that, but I think timing the market is a guess in this case.

Yep, I'm pretty much following this thread a guessing. I'm still learning how to trade so my picks have been more luck than actual analysis. I've been trying to "walk" the call/put spreads so as the price drops, I scoop up calls on the way down, then sell the calls as it comes up and use the opportunity to buy puts. So it's like a drunken walk.

And yes, I'm an energy and transportation attorney in Pittsburgh and work for a Midstream company.
Carlo4
AG
Listened to the podcast. Discussed is what most of us feel. Chase interview acted as if the worst is over. The guy she interviewed mentioned 6-12 months out. Only reason for upticks in market are deals being Russia/KSA or cases go down or cure is found.
leoj
AG
one MEEN Ag
AG
Thank you for the detailed response.

As a side note, I work in oil/gas and a former coworker of mine was always talking about trading options. Dude made a ton of money (at least his annual salary) just buying puts against O/G companies in 2019. (As a low level peon, we didn't have any insider knowledge. Multiple times we found out what was going on by watching the news.)

Once every few months press releases would come out about reorgs/renewed focus/etc. He would look around the office, say oh hell this ain't going to get any better and then go trade. I'll admit, it was an impressive way of reacting to corporate executive BS.
oldarmy1
AG
I will be buying back all sales in the early morning hours if still down heavy. I don't see a further drop right now. This is market fog of war IMO.

I sold ADBE even though I didn't want to. At $125 I was tempted but when it shot over $130 I had to take it. I held ROKU and sold a covered call on 35% of shares. Looks like I'll buy those back for a decent partial offset as ROKU will likely retest lows, even as other stocks don't.
the last of the bohemians
This doesn't seem like the end the bubble, the workd economy was about to accelerate when the virus kicked in.
Maybe Trump is pulling out all the stops because , well that talk is for the politics board.
Brewmaster
AG
it does feel like 80's soon for ROKU and maybe 7's for TLRA. I thought DIS would drop more, but maybe it will still yet.
badharambe
AG
Main idea for trading now:

Things I'll be buying:
GME (beautiful double bottom)

BBBY (almost double bottom/cash on hand and high short interest)

azul_rain
Time to pull trigger on airlines ? Or too late ?
Brewmaster
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

Time to pull trigger on airlines ? Or too late ?
I did today, I don't think it's too late. There at 5 yr lows.
azul_rain
United ? Delta ?
Harkrider 93
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Listened to the podcast. Discussed is what most of us feel. Chase interview acted as if the worst is over. The guy she interviewed mentioned 6-12 months out. Only reason for upticks in market are deals being Russia/KSA or cases go down or cure is found.
Hearing the same from several traders. There was only one holdout that was saying he wanted to see a few things before buying back in. As of this morning, he feels the worst is over.

For bottoming on Monday, he mentioned the S&P 500 at a major support level, the fifth 90% down day in 3 weeks with an extreme spike in put protection. He said that while new lows were made, they were made with less downside momentum than the 2/28 low based on RSI indicators.

As for the bounce yesterday, he liked that we closed above the lows of 2/28. We had 81% of stocks trade higher, with 89.7% volume and 95.5% of the points traded coming in on the upside using Lowry's Operating Company Only data. It isn't perfect, but feels pretty good with it.

Would love for the VIX to get below the 20-day exp. moving average and if breadth can show major improvement to feel great.

SUMMARY: thinks the worst is likely over, and reward is now greater than risk, but not a full, bright green light.

I don't really know what RSI, breadth, etc mean, but wanted to type it correctly to help those that do.
claym711
AG
OA when you say you're buying back all sold, what's your cash position?
FrioAg 00
AG
Why would HCA, our largest hospital chain, be 20% down? Most of their revenue comes from occupied ICU beds.
Talon2DSO
AG
SPY at 279
Harkrider 93
AG
claym711 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Harkrider 93 said:

For you call purchasers, I read this as well:

Since 1952, when the 5 day trading week began, there have been 9 prior Monday drops of 5%+, and the index has risen by at least 2% the following day every time.

Not much of a prediction given what futures are showing us, but maybe it will help those that don't listen to OA when he tells you to follow the Model T.
really coulda used this at 245p yesterday.

This data is wrong.

Have to be careful what data you trust. Today was extremely high odds to be down from open and good odds to even cover this gap.
I am not sure I understood what you said.

The facts came from Bespoke who are highly reputable. What part of what you bolded was wrong?

I think I knew what you meant by odds were extremely high of being down, but then missed on the good odds to over this gap. Does that mean most likely we were going to be down on Tuesday, but there is a decent change we go up to fill the gap? In a way, we did do both.
AgShaun00
AG
leoj said:

I bought this end of december. They own a lot of online gaming in China with the CoD mobile game franchise. I think with everyone holed up, this will only help them.
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

For you SDC people

SDC 7/17 7.5C. $250K $1.25

Someone knew...Up ~.70
Talon2DSO
AG
SPY at 278...
Talon2DSO
AG
SPY at 277
leoj
AG
Gap down after yesterday's gains seems pretty bearish near term, to state maybe the obvious? Do we go red to green somehow?
McInnis 03
AG
Someone help me out here. With a known factor like RUBI buying TLRA for 1.08x(RUBI) share, and TLRA is discounted heavilly right now at 7.80 vs RUBI's 7.89, wouldn't it make dumb sense not to load up on TLRA to get the free 8%?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
IrishTxAggie
AG
leoj said:

Gap down after yesterday's gains seems pretty bearish near term, to state maybe the obvious? Do we go red to green somehow?
Not necessarily a full red to green, but the value is to the upside most likely. When you have giant gaps, the value is usually to the counter.
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

leoj said:

Not necessarily a full red to green, but the value is to the upside most likely. When you have giant gaps, the value is usually to the counter.
Strangles continue to play it seems, sell the gains for your puts this morning and buy calls on the hopefully short term upside
sellthefarm
AG
Any thoughts on going long on some natural gas stocks while they are down here....CRK? RRC?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Someone help me out here. With a known factor like RUBI buying TLRA for 1.08x(RUBI) share, and TLRA is discounted heavilly right now at 7.80 vs RUBI's 7.89, wouldn't it make dumb sense not to load up on TLRA to get the free 8%?
Looks liek that door shut, the opportunity has passed.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ProgN
They're pricey but some longer term calls on TTD will mint you a ton of cash by Christmas. I just don't have the dry powder to capitalize on it.
WestTexAg12
AG
Hope nobody was holding SNSS
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Brewmaster
AG
Stop loss raid...easy flip at these levels, will double again before long.
ProgN
sellthefarm said:

Any thoughts on going long on some natural gas stocks while they are down here....CRK? RRC?
Better quality stocks in others sectors on sale right now that aren't in O&G imo.
khaos288
AG
Going to try a strangle today. Will buy 270 puts at 282 levels, and will buy 285 calls at 276 levels, and sell the opposite.
Aggie_2463
AG
BREwmaster said:

Stop loss raid...easy flip at these levels, will double again before long.
Bout to re-enter. Damnit went from $0.55 to $0.60 before I could enter it on my app lol
McInnis 03
AG
Got in SNSS at .54, Wells fargo downgrade has really pounded this. Is this a model T play?

B&I Key:
Betoisafurry
khaos288 said:

Going to try a strangle today. Will buy 270 puts at 282 levels, and will buy 285 calls at 276 levels, and sell the opposite
What expiration are you targeting on these? 3/13?
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Got in SNSS at .54, Wells fargo downgrade has really pounded this. Is this a model T play?
OA would say yes. So I'll definitely say model T. I am already long, but added some trading shares at .50. Those that sold half in the .70's, could make a little cash here while it rebounds. Data will send this back over $1 -- institutions want more cheap shares! they know what they have here.
First Page Last Page
Page 1079 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.