Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,026,784 Views | 224249 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by EliteZags
AggiePeeps06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While I agree with the stimulus passed in 2009 - to avoid a complete economic meltdown, a stimulus in this situation is unnecessary and irresponsible. Markets naturally need to go through corrections, whether that's due to a black swan event or just market cycles. It's good for the health of the market and economy as a whole. Just like a forest fire is good for the health of a forest, long-term.

Businesses have over levered and should have to deal with the consequences. A stimulus package has the opposite effect of a consequence and will instead encourage companies to over leverage in the future.

These knee-jerk, artificial boosts to the economy every time the market goes down are dangerous and kick the can down the road for future generations to deal with. Problem is, once the market and people get used to it, every sitting president will use the same tactics to strengthen their position, which Trump is doing now to insure his re-election.
ProgN

I'm skeptical
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

I'm skeptical

I'm not. I was just going over their data at lunch. They've tested over 60,000 people, 10k cases, 600+ deaths.

Their mortality rate is off the charts, but their mean age is 47 years old. Italy has an old old population and this is culling it
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Ag13
AG
AAL up 18%. Was briefly negative mid-day.
McInnis 03
AG
Ag13 said:

AAL up 18%. Was briefly negative mid-day.

Shorts covering?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
Skeptical of what?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Every country with corona is rolling out a stimulus package. Market propping
UpstateAg
AG
How long until that propping up fails? Days, weeks, or months?

I'm going next week.
McInnis 03
AG
Airlines are going HAM right now. Dead cat or capitulation?

B&I Key:
ProgN
UpstateAg said:

I'm going next week.
You have to ask yourself, what more negative news can hit the market that hasn't already?
IrishTxAggie
AG
UpstateAg said:

I'm going next week.
Who ****ing knows. There is no rhyme or reason to anything right now. Technicals get blown passed one side and down the other. All I'm doing right now is following options flow that is over $750K, set my stop at 10% or take my 25%, and then GTFO.
Ernest Tucker
AG
What are the best airlines to invest in? That can weather the storm
IrishTxAggie
AG
brd79 said:

LUV IMO. Minimal exposure to international travel except the tropical places nearby
aunuwyn08
AG
Prognightmare said:

UpstateAg said:

I'm going next week.
You have to ask yourself, what more negative news can hit the market that hasn't already?
My guess is when oil and tourism sectors begin layoffs.
Ernest Tucker
AG
Prognightmare said:

UpstateAg said:

I'm going next week.

Trump and Biden both get the WUFLU leaving us all feeling the Bern.
IrishTxAggie
AG
aunuwyn08 said:

Prognightmare said:

UpstateAg said:

I'm going next week.
Oil was already laying off
UpstateAg
AG
They will find something to freak out about. America should watch the below video (not embedded because it would cause a ban, probably).

https://youtu.be /ruKgZwPN-rE (take out the space)
ProgN
aunuwyn08 said:

Prognightmare said:

UpstateAg said:

I'm going next week.
I suspect that that's already priced in. I also think this price war won't last because Russia doesn't have the firepower to combat it. The deaths from COVID-19 will not increase exponentially. The 10 yr yield is already below 1%. Honestly, I don't see anything new that can hit the market with negative news with the exception of a full blown war with Iran. I think the fed cuts again next week and this correction is almost over.
Ag13
AG
Prognightmare said:

UpstateAg said:

I'm going next week.
Potential bad news stories:

Event cancellations that have a tangible economic impact to their communities (whether the cancellations are justified or not) will continue to make the news. Already today we've seen Coachella and the Ivy League Basketball tournaments get the axe. City of Austin is limiting all events > 2,500 (with exception of Longhorn sports for now).

College students (and faculty members) coming back from spring break all over the country/world have strong potential to spread this to high density campuses. Harvard is preemptively moving to online classes and forcing students to move out of dorms. Rice is shut down for the week.

Sustained low oil prices/other oil market shocks leading to bankruptcies, layoffs, and trouble for lenders.

Another cruise ship outbreak full of Americans.
IrishTxAggie
AG
For you SDC people

SDC 7/17 7.5C. $250K $1.25
Agsrback12
UpstateAg said:

They will find something to freak out about. America should watch the below video (not embedded because it would cause a ban, probably).

https://youtu.be /ruKgZwPN-rE (take out the space)

Yes. So funny. Love it
the last of the bohemians
We probably have two weeks until new us cases peak, so plenty of time for big money to push out narratives to shake weak hands and get entry prices lower
aunuwyn08
AG
Prognightmare said:

aunuwyn08 said:

Prognightmare said:

UpstateAg said:

I'm going next week.
I suspect that that's already priced in. I also think this price war won't last because Russia doesn't have the firepower to combat it. The deaths from COVID-19 will not increase exponentially. The 10 yr yield is already below 1%. Honestly, I don't see anything new that can hit the market with negative news with the exception of a full blown war with Iran. I think the fed cuts again next week and this correction is almost over.
Well, I got some inside info in the computers industry to take into account. Dell, is very low on components across their business lines due to supply chain disruptions. Like, finding it difficult to keep up with known contracts low.

That situation got a bit worse when their warehouse in Tennessee got destroyed by those tornadoes. I don't know if that's common knowledge or not. My best friend's in a senior role over there.
ProgN
O&G layoffs are inevitable and were probably going to occur anyway. Leisure layoffs will occur but will be temporary because the underlying fundamentals of the economy remain strong. The amount of money saved by households will increase and more than offset those job losses because consumer spending will go way up.
Brewmaster
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

brd79 said:

LUV IMO. Minimal exposure to international travel except the tropical places nearby
damn, good point, I bought the other 2 Might dump 1 and swap for LUV. Easy long term plays at these levels, even if they drop more.
Harkrider 93
AG
You are right, but it appears the market has already priced in those concerns based on the extreme measures.

Doesn't mean it can't get worse, but if the market follows other viruses that lead to a recession, the market rebounds quickly in 6 mos. There was a time when it didn't create a recession.
GreasenUSA
AG
Ag13 said:

Prognightmare said:

UpstateAg said:

I'm going next week.
Potential bad news stories:

Event cancellations that have a tangible economic impact to their communities (whether the cancellations are justified or not) will continue to make the news. Already today we've seen Coachella and the Ivy League Basketball tournaments get the axe. City of Austin is limiting all events > 2,500 (with exception of Longhorn sports for now).

College students (and faculty members) coming back from spring break all over the country/world have strong potential to spread this to high density campuses. Harvard is preemptively moving to online classes and forcing students to move out of dorms. Rice is shut down for the week.

Sustained low oil prices/other oil market shocks leading to bankruptcies, layoffs, and trouble for lenders.

Another cruise ship outbreak full of Americans.
You're still listing "known" info and "likely" info, that could very well be priced in already.
IrishTxAggie
AG
$1.4MM just went to the SPY 3/16 $300C.

Tread lightly if you're planning to hold short positions overnight. That is a highly unusual play.
McInnis 03
AG
I'm going to make a small play on VXX Mar 27, 25put. VIX contraction is my play.

B&I Key:
Fitch
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

UpstateAg said:

I'm going next week.
Who ****ing knows. There is no rhyme or reason to anything right now. Technicals get blown passed one side and down the other. All I'm doing right now is following options flow that is over $750K, set my stop at 10% or take my 25%, and then GTFO.
What's the old story about JP Morgan selling everything after getting stock advice from a shoeshine boy? Reminds me of where we're at with Robinhood, et al...
IrishTxAggie
AG
Fitch said:

IrishTxAggie said:

UpstateAg said:

I'm going next week.
What's the old story about JP Morgan selling everything after getting stock advice from a shoeshine boy? Reminds me of where we're at with Robinhood, et al...
What J.P. Morgan Learned From the Shoeshine Boy
Quote:

Puffing on an expensive cigar, Morgan calmly explains that exiting the market was the only option once his shoeshine boy turned bullish.
leoj
AG
ryanhnc10
AG
Double bottom on S&P today with yesterday's low
HoustonAg_2009
Everyone still comfortable with owning TLRA? Market went up 5% and TLRA went down 5% today.
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

$1.4MM just went to the SPY 3/16 $300C.

Tread lightly if you're planning to hold short positions overnight. That is a highly unusual play.
These were bought at $1.41 at 2:35...closed at $2.23 Someone made over 50% in 25 minutes.

Cheddar Flow paid for itself again
First Page Last Page
Page 1077 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.