Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,075,213 Views | 224426 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

For you call purchasers, I read this as well:

Since 1952, when the 5 day trading week began, there have been 9 prior Monday drops of 5%+, and the index has risen by at least 2% the following day every time.

Not much of a prediction given what futures are showing us, but maybe it will help those that don't listen to OA when he tells you to follow the Model T.
really coulda used this at 245p yesterday.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
TLRA still sub $9 this morning (I'm in RUBI on a bull put spread)
SDC still sub $7.50 this morning (I'm in SDC on a 7.50c MAR20)

What other deals are still to be had out there on stocks we've been familiar with?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
gougler08
AG
McInnis 03 said:

TLRA still sub $9 this morning (I'm in RUBI on a bull put spread)
SDC still sub $7.50 this morning (I'm in SDC on a 7.50c MAR20)

What other deals are still to be had out there on stocks we've been familiar with?
CYBR still in low 90s this morning
drill4oil78
AG
Watch the 200wkMA on the SP500 and Nasdaq. It has been support for every big down draft for this entire bull run. If we break and close below it, the odds are this bull run is over and we will go into a prolong bear market. Personally I think the odds are we will hold and this secular bull run continues.
oldarmy1
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ovintiv-reiterates-strong-capital-structure-011600604.html

McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ovintiv-reiterates-strong-capital-structure-011600604.html

Bumped it another .10-.15 on that.

B&I Key:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here we go!
Carlo4
AG
McInnis 03 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Bumped it another .10-.15 on that.

And just like that, OVV back below $2.90 and dropping like a rock
oldarmy1
AG
Got to trade it for now.

They have major Put positions as hedges against what they foresaw coming. Added nearly a 3X normal hedge and once the dust settles and they show that they actually IMPROVED their cash position versus losing it will be fun.
McInnis 03
AG
Bears are trying to take this back one point at a time

B&I Key:
Talon2DSO
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Got to trade it for now.

They have major Put positions as hedges against what they foresaw coming. Added nearly a 3X normal hedge and once the dust settles and they show that they actually IMPROVED their cash position versus losing it will be fun.

I didnt sell it in time. I'll just ride this one out and hope they pull up at the end of this.
oldarmy1
AG
There's a gap at 280.34 on SPY...been watching for that to fill and see if it becomes a pivot.
claym711
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Harkrider 93 said:

For you call purchasers, I read this as well:

Since 1952, when the 5 day trading week began, there have been 9 prior Monday drops of 5%+, and the index has risen by at least 2% the following day every time.

Not much of a prediction given what futures are showing us, but maybe it will help those that don't listen to OA when he tells you to follow the Model T.
really coulda used this at 245p yesterday.

This data is wrong.

Have to be careful what data you trust. Today was extremely high odds to be down from open and good odds to even cover this gap.
jbeck3487
AG
Anyone playing HEAR earnings today?
McInnis 03
AG
Watching CODX to see if Model T can be spotted.

B&I Key:
ProgN
jbeck3487 said:

WestTexAg12
AG
jbeck3487 said:

**** that stock.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
leoj
AG
Lol
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

jbeck3487 said:

Sadly still holding the bag on some...can't get much worse right?
gougler08
AG
Sold a Apr 17 CYBR 100 put for $13 and bought TLRA down at $8.70. Going to use the rest of my free cash to either cost base down or sell another put, but may hold for a day or two
59 South
AG
drill4oil78 said:

Watch the 200wkMA on the SP500 and Nasdaq. It has been support for every big down draft for this entire bull run. If we break and close below it, the odds are this bull run is over and we will go into a prolong bear market. Personally I think the odds are we will hold and this secular bull run continues.

Nice data point. That would be SPX about 2650. ~22% drop for ATH.
claym711
AG
Again, the only analogies to current market action in the past 13 years are 2008-2009, and some 2011. Volume and price action is signaling that the market expects a recession.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Watching CODX to see if Model T can be spotted.
Model T done for that, back down we go.

B&I Key:
ProgN
I don't expect a recession
Talon2DSO
AG
Today's portfolio is brought to you by the letter 'h'
khaos288
AG
I'm so damn gun shy right now. Sold the pop this morning, back to all cash
59 South
AG
Not a convincing rebound at all today. 2600s probably coming pretty soon with this action.
TXAG14
Hope everyone got some cheap puts at the top this morning. Tomorrow will be a blood bath.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
IV was quite high on most options I looked at. Nothing seemed particularly cheap.
Cromagnum
AG
Damn. So much for the cruise stock buy and hold play. CCL and RCL might be lucky to even survive.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-03-10/royal-caribbean-may-be-cut-to-junk-by-s-p-on-virus-travel-impact
HoustonAg2014
AG
Oil is the thing driving this market now. If we have a recession it will be due to oil prices.
Brewmaster
AG
59 South said:

Not a convincing rebound at all today. 2600s probably coming pretty soon with this action.
couldn't agree more, unfortunately. I'm mostly cash again.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Carlo4
AG
Cromagnum said:

Damn. So much for the cruise stock buy and hold play. CCL and RCL might be lucky to even survive.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-03-10/royal-caribbean-may-be-cut-to-junk-by-s-p-on-virus-travel-impact
I find it funny how the mind works. In my head, I've been waiting for the cruise stocks to fall to zero, but, for energy, I'm much more willing to jump in now, even though the warnings are just as bad.

one MEEN Ag
AG
Two thoughts on this board.

Go with something that has historically done well in the market, but has been dragged down with the coronavirus/oil fight like appl. Or get into the oil speculative market and buy on the cheap right now.

Tech stocks I like are Apple Amazon Microsoft. Oil stocks I like are XOM, EOG. I bought some OVV on OldArmy's advice yesterday, and while I didn't expect it to rebound as a long play, seeing it sink even lower today hurts.

First Page Last Page
Page 1075 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.