Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,094,065 Views | 224510 Replies | Last: 30 sec ago by HoustonAg2014
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
stockcharts.com hasn't been able to load charts all morning. Fortunately, I only use them to run scans at night.
Boat Shoes
AG
McInnis 03 said:

While TDA hasn't failed me, during the circuit breaker it showed half my options were moving at $10.00 per contract. Mind you, 99% of my options are valued at .00 due to them being calls that are further OTM than you and I are from being tsips.

I got real excited for a second.
Trucker 96
I didn't turn off the 401k auto for my bonus paid on 3/6, so a sizeable chunk of my overall 2020 contribution is going in tomorrow. For now, I'm kind of liking the timing, but I may change my mind on that.
oldarmy1
AG
Robinhood isn't down. Daughter said she made buys all morning including a minute ago.
Boat Shoes
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Robinhood isn't down. Daughter said she made buys all morning including a minute ago.

Your daughter day trades as well???
Fitch
AG
My account is still working fine.
kylewhitener
Probably a rumor that got started while robinhooders were trying to trade during the halt
Señor Chang
AG
Any one familiar with OXY think that they will cut their dividend? Current yield is ~17%
Cartographer

They posted that trading was down earlier
CW2011
AG
Seems like Robinhood is only partially down. I was able to buy shares of ONTX just now, but I cannot get my SPY strangle to execute. It's been pending since the open and I cannot get it to cancel or execute.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Seor Chang said:

Any one familiar with OXY think that they will cut their dividend? Current yield is ~17%
OXY is in deep ***** Dividend cut is all but certain.
McInnis 03
AG
So during a treacherous time like this (outside of today) does volume trend up? And if so, wouldn't you think the brokers would get a bump in Q revenue from increased commissions, or am I over thinking this? I'm wondering if the Etrades, TDA's of the world could be a nice watch at earnings time next Q.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

So during a treacherous time like this (outside of today) does volume trend up? And if so, wouldn't you think the brokers would get a bump in Q revenue from increased commissions, or am I over thinking this? I'm wondering if the Etrades, TDA's of the world could be a nice watch at earnings time next Q.
They've all gone to zero commissions in the past year
BrokeAssAggie
IrishTxAggie said:

Seor Chang said:

OXY is in deep ***** Dividend cut is all but certain.
Dividend cut is a death sentence
Ranger222
AG
Starting to wonder about downstream effects....

when does the margin reaper come calling? What type of escalation does that cause?
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

Makes sense, I've been paying commissions on options contracts...
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
TXAG14
In at 3.40 DIS APR17 90 PUT
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
McInnis 03 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

Makes sense, I've been paying commissions on options contracts...
True, but even those remaining commissions are heavily reduced from where they were prior to going free stock trades.
jj9000
AG
jj9000 said:

I know there's differing opinions of electric here, but, at what point is XOM beaten down so much that you just go long?

Especially given the Yield, and market cap.
Ummm. Sooooo.
Foamcows
AG
INO has been wild today, up 25% pre market, currently down 26% and falling
GreasenUSA
AG
Foamcows said:

This tweet is what caused the fall.
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

jj9000 said:

I know there's differing opinions of electric here, but, at what point is XOM beaten down so much that you just go long?

Especially given the Yield, and market cap.
Ummm. Sooooo.

You buying for retirement account? I have to imagine the current number is one you'll be happy with in 5 years.
oldarmy1
AG
Boat Shoes said:

oldarmy1 said:

Your daughter day trades as well???
I handle her retirement accounts and she uses Robinhood for just these kind of opportunities.
oldarmy1
AG
TWTR is green......something big going on with this one.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

TWTR is green......something big going on with this one.
Jack is about to to get tossed out on his ass
Shiner Bock
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Foamcows said:

This tweet is what caused the fall.
and......halted
oldarmy1
AG
I just heard "Generational Buying Opportunity" experience from Stuart Varney. Reading my book!
GreasenUSA
AG
Shiner Bock said:

and......halted
It's been paused several times now.
oldarmy1
AG
Just bought 200k shares of OVV. Crushed like all oil but the cash position they have is just too strong to pass it up under $4. Absolutely brutal bear tear down of these stocks.

This went in retirement accounts so no concern over short term volatility from here.
Cromagnum
AG
Sucks that I bought a bit at 68 last week, but it's hard not to jump in when its ~1/3 of what it normally costs. Could be a good buy and hold. Got in for more at 47.60 today

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Swn up 20%!?
IrishTxAggie
AG
If the QQQ gets over 199.6 area, an upside rally is on the table.
Aggie_2463
AG
Today are the days that make me happy I hard money loan on real estate for 12% interest + 2% origination fee on 6 month notes.
UpstateAg
AG
O&G people can help me out here, but how will CHK stay afloat? I look at companies like OVV and CLR who have TONS of cash on hand, and think they will be fine. But CHK?
OA, any thoughts on how long KSA and Russia can go back and forth?
MavsAg
AG
Most gas heavy producers are up today with the assumption that associated gas will drop considerably in the next few months.
First Page Last Page
Page 1068 of 6415

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.