Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,297 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by sts7049
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
yeah my bad guys, I bought $10 uso calls yesterday. They're expired now so price should spike monday.
If anyone wants to inverse me I bought DEAC $20 calls today
McInnis 03
AG
A BRIGHT SPOT FOR CORONAVIRUS! LOBSTER SURPLUSSSSS!

TOO MUCH LOBSTAH!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
TLRA down now a full $1 after hours, at 8.94, oops, back up already-- maybe a fund missed the dip, was given a 2nd chance
ProgN
I'm not in RIG right now but before I start trading it again, are they vulnerable to going bankrupt?

ETA: I know there are people in the O&G industry that are on this thread.
YNWA_AG
AG
For those in Austin. SXSW is cancelled due to corona.
jm94
AG
Emerald City (Seattle) Comic Con was postponed today.
moses1084ever
AG
I'm confused by some of the terminology being thrown around... I see some people simultaneously buying puts and calls but calling them spreads. Wouldn't the trade just described be a straddle or strangle?

ProgN
Quote:

President Donald Trump visits the Centers for Disease Control headquarters in Atlanta. The White House said late Friday morning that the president would indeed make the trip, hours after an administration official said the visit was canceled. Trump said there was a person suspected to have coronavirus at CDC on Thursday, but the test had come back negative. The disease has infected more than 100,000 people worldwide, killing at least 3,383.
I suspect this caused the selloff prior to the closing rally.
Carlo4
AG
moses1084ever said:

I'm confused by some of the terminology being thrown around... I see some people simultaneously buying puts and calls but calling them spreads. Wouldn't the trade just described be a straddle or strangle?

claym711
AG
Any candlestick guys? It's a 7-8% doji. I don't have the right chicken bones to read that.
Talon2DSO
AG
claym711 said:

Any candlestick guys? It's a 7-8% doji. I don't have the right chicken bones to read that.

Time to stock up on rice
deadbq03
AG
moses1084ever said:

I was gonna ask about this too.
IrishTxAggie
AG
2percent
AG
oldarmy1 said:

So does everyone feel good having a down day close with a up ending? Man these could be bear traps or they could be successful retest of lows. I'd stick with spreads for now.

The S&P is down over 50 but end of day makes people feel good. Caution
i just cashed out of every thing. Playing with a very volatile bear market has cost me 4% and thinking i can buy into the dips was not sustainable when i held anything overnight. Technical supports are failing across the board it seems.

I will wait this one out until the panic is over, and stop[ trying to be clever and buy something at the bottom because i just can't find the right bottom and the rides back up are just not holding.

I will watch from the sidelines for a while and cheer you guys on.

Sometimes avoiding a loss is as good as realizing a gain in this type of market.
leoj
AG
Brewmaster
AG
ROKU at the bell, 184k share volume @ 102! I can't see the individual purchase, but nice goal post at the close!
ProgN
BREwmaster said:

ROKU at the bell, 184k share volume @ 102! I can't see the individual purchase, but nice goal post at the close!
Yesterday on Fast Money they said shorts were covering everywhere at the close because human trials of COVID19 vaccines could begin testing next week and the possibility of further liquidity being added to the market. We'll know more Monday.
ProgN
If BBY dips to $65 or better it looks like a good entry point for a longer term hold, especially with 5G rolling out by Christmas. JMO
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Prognightmare said:

human trials of COVID19 vaccines could begin testing next week and the possibility of further liquidity being added to the market. We'll know more Monday.

That would be swell if even speculation of vaccine trials is a big topic of discussion early next week.
IrishTxAggie
AG
If you think it will play in, look at MRNA and INO. Huge swings and very volatile though
khaos288
AG
Little wsb food for thought

ProgN
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4330408-roku-bullish-after-44-sell-off?utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&mail_subject=roku-roku-bullish-after-a-44-sell-off&utm_campaign=rta-stock-article&utm_content=link-0
Quote:

Roku: Bullish After A 44% Sell-Off

Summary

Members of the App Economy Portfolio have pressed me to take a stance on Roku when the shares were trading above $160 in November 2019.
I pushed back against chasing it due to concerns over valuation, with the company trading at more than 18 times sales at the time.
Since then, KPIs of the platform have continued to improve, both in streaming hours and ARPU (average revenue per user).
Fast-growing disruptors like Roku tend to be punished harder in the context of a market correction, creating a timely long-term opportunity.
After a 44% sell-off over the past few weeks, I gave another look at the story and decided to initiate a long position.
Looking for a portfolio of ideas like this one? Members of App Economy Portfolio get exclusive access to our model portfolio. Get started today
I'll admit it. I have misunderstood Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) for quite some time.

You see, I'm a cord-cutter myself, and a happy user of Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) (NASDAQ:GOOGL) Chromecast. For a long time, I was having a hard time understanding why Roku would have a sustainable business model as a simple aggregator of OTT (over-the-top) applications.
Only once I realized that Roku was a pure-play in CTV ads (Connected TV advertising), one of the fastest growing segments of the programmatic advertising space, did I realize I had been wrong all along.
After publishing a bullish thesis on The Trade Desk (NASDAQ:TTD) back in 2018, I have covered multiple times the importance of the rise of programmatic ads and specifically CTV for members of the App Economy Portfolio.
Roku is emerging as the clear leading service-agnostic platform offering an all-in-one place to select and enjoy TV content. As a result, the company is poised to drive publisher's interest and ARPU higher via its CTV ads.
CTV ads offer the best of two worlds:
  • The targeting of programmatic ads you usually see on mobile or desktop, optimized and cost efficient.
  • The engagement of TV ads, capturing the viewer attention with high-quality setup and high completion rate.
In the context of a market correction with a lot of uncertainties surrounding the novel coronavirus, fast growing companies tend to be hit the hardest. Roku has been no exception, falling 44% off its all-time-high in the past few weeks. This naturally creates a fantastic opportunity to get shares of Roku at a much more affordable price.
FrioAg 00
AG
I don't own anything I have to sell in less than 10 years, so current pricing doesn't really concern me.

I've only got two triggers left to pull, and both are a long long way from being pulled. (1) I have too much equity in my home (approx 40%) and could pull some out if equity prices drop dramatically to bargain levels (2) my pops has a nest egg 401k that he doesn't actually use in his retirement (He lives below is retirement income streams). It's sitting in a 60/40 portfolio and if equities went as low as 40% dip like 2008 we'd probably shift towards all equity.

As long as we stay +/- 15% from where we're at today I am out of the game until October. I actually stopped watching it a few days this week and that felt pretty great.
McInnis 03
AG
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/someone-big-was-utterly-blown-fk-out-heres-reason-behind-todays-unprecedented-vix-move

I'm not sure I understand this but I think it's a unique moment and one to chuckle at
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Ranger222
AG
I think that zero hedge thing is bs

More logical reason, as mentioned earlier in this thread, is shorts were covering heading into the weekend
claym711
AG
I don't doubt it's validity but ZH is a permabear. Read Dalio's commentary on derivatives and leverage. There's going to be extreme price imbalances.
Brewmaster
AG
thanks for sharing! I was thinking the same thing on Friday (opportunity), I bought back in on the dip on ROKU and TLRA. We'll see what next week brings.
McInnis 03
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-03-07/saudis-plan-big-oil-output-hike-beginning-all-out-price-war

Saudi trying to sink the Russians

B&I Key:
Carlo4
AG
McInnis 03 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-03-07/saudis-plan-big-oil-output-hike-beginning-all-out-price-war

Saudi trying to sink everyone

FIFY. Quote at end of article

"We're likely to see the lowest oil prices of the last 20 years in the next quarter," said Roger Diwan, an oil analyst at consultant IHS Markit Ltd., implying that the price could fall below $20 a barrel.

Brent crude, the global benchmark, fell to a low of $9.55 a barrel in December 1998, during one of the rare price wars that Saudi Arabia has launched over the last 40 years.
ProgN
ryanhnc10
AG
Well *****
ProgN
ProgN

They're flooding media with COVID19 doom and with this oil price war, futures will probably be abysmal in a few hours.
Boat Shoes
AG
Prognightmare said:

They're flooding media with COVID19 doom and with this oil price war, futures will probably be abysmal in a few hours.

And I'm not holding SPY puts.
YouBet
AG
Fauci's statement just tanked airline stocks even moreso this coming week.
First Page Last Page
Page 1062 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.