Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Multi-level Marketing/Pyramid Schemes

56,476 Views | 297 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by IrishTxAggie
Satellite of Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone seen the schemes to sell children's books? Seems very odd selling them out of the home.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Diggity
AG
www.usbornebooksandmore.com
Cancelled
AG
MrsFlyingSquirrel95 said:

queso1 said:

I love this thread. MLM is bull crap. I feel sorry for the people who lose money, but I also can't stand the way they push the product.

Our neighbors invited us to their house one time. It was for "party". We were honored until they started pumping the crap.

We are always very clear when inviting people over that the sole purpose is drinking and Cards Against Humanity. Surprise MLM parties are the suck.

I need to pick that up. We have exploding kittens, which is fun, but I need to get CAH.
Al Bula
AG
Anyone heard of this scam selling self defense weapons to women? This is a new one to me.

Damsel In Defense: https://damselindefense.net/

TombstoneTex
AG

fire09
AG
My SIL is selling Monat. She is convinced it's "different" than the other MLM's. I want to talk to her about it but I don't know how to keep it on the rails and not ruin Christmas with them.
diehard03
Quote:

I want to talk to her about it but I don't know how to keep it on the rails and not ruin Christmas with them.

They're an in-law and it's Christmas. It's not your place, nor is it the time...unless they bring it up.
Martin Q. Blank
fire09 said:

My SIL is selling Monat. She is convinced it's "different" than the other MLM's. I want to talk to her about it but I don't know how to keep it on the rails and not ruin Christmas with them.
"No thanks. Sounds like a pyramid scheme."
94chem said:

I'd rather convert my life savings to bit coin than join an MLM scam.
What was your life savings when you posted this? Assuming $500k in January of 2016, I believe you would be worth $21.5 million today.
RK
AG
would be 25M if he had joined an MLM at that same time.
Wizard
Would you consider financial advising a pyramid scheme?
752bro4
AG
Can I add Scout & Cellar "Organic Clean Crafted Wine" to the list? It's the latest and greatest for bored stay at home moms who think "Like OMG, I love wine, wine wine wine."

Yes, I do like wine. No, person I haven't heard from in 3 years, I do not want to come to your house for a wine tasting party.

You aren't in the wine business, you're in the MLM business. No matter how much #hustle and #grind you put out on Facebook, I won't be joining you in this pyramid scheme.
Ragoo
AG
I hate the people who reference their MLM as being a business owner.
Stive
AG
Wizard said:

Primerica definately fit the MLM model. Not sure how many (if any) others would.
FincAg
AG
I believe NBC 5 in DFW had a Saturday morning segment on them. It's based out of Celina right? A mom wanted "clean" wine and she now slaps a sticker on bottles she has "tested" which pass her standards. Then you can join her club and get these wines no one has heard of for a markup price. Great marketing but that's about it.
double aught
AG
This thread never gets old. I had a few coworkers who were all aboard with Kyani a couple years back. Shockingly, I never hear about it any more.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Stive said:

Wizard said:

Primerica definately fit the MLM model. Not sure how many (if any) others would.
A friend of mine does Primerica. I have a life insurance policy through him, but he knows I have no interest in pitching the stuff. The premium on the policy was a good $25 less per month than any others I got quoted.
Stive
AG
Good deal. You're the exception to the rule then; most of their stuff is higher than a lot of the other stuff in the market.
IrishTxAggie
AG
30, nonsmoker considered extremely low risk on their metrics.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.