Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,309,997 Views | 28743 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Ag CPA
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgLA06
AG
We're also a month away from average gasoline usage falling.
ChemAg15
AG
$80
BrokeAssAggie
ChemAg15 said:

$80
one MEEN Ag
AG
This better stick around. My investment account needs two strong quarters of dividends to offset my stock price losses.

CPDAggie10
AG
Anyone hearing about equipment fabricator KWI closing their doors? We had a few pieces of equipment on order with them and received a call today from the sales guy we work with and he told me they filed Chapter 11 and furloughed/terminated a lot of the staff this week.

Wondering what will happen with the equipment I have on order.
MAROON
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

Anyone hearing about equipment fabricator KWI closing their doors? We had a few pieces of equipment on order with them and received a call today from the sales guy we work with and he told me they filed Chapter 11 and furloughed/terminated a lot of the staff this week.

Chapter 11 is not "closing their doors". That would be Chapter 7. Eleven is restructuring - stiffing the unsecured creditors and enriching the lawyers.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
BCG Disciple
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

They owe my co about $20k. I have heard they had a buyer/restructure tabbed and we're doing ch 11, but I heard today that they officially part ways with all employees and are likely going ch 7. This is all industry rumor mongering, so not sure on the technical truth. Not sure how you go bankrupt in this market, but they have been clawing their way out for at least 3 years.
CPDAggie10
AG
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, he told me Ch. 11 over the phone and i thought well that is a re-structure not a liquidation. But just now sent me a text with more information and it looks like it is Chapter 7
MAROON
AG
Wow. That means they tried to arrange DIP Financing and the bankers said no, and they couldn't find a buyer. Seems like a pretty established business.
MAROON
AG
Is this KW International that has an HQ in Houston, with a plant they built in Columbus at I-10/Hwy71
CPDAggie10
AG
MAROON said:

Is this KW International that has an HQ in Houston, with a plant they built in Columbus at I-10/Hwy71

Yes. They have that huge shop on 71 right outside of Columbus
MAROON
AG
Dang - it seems like they just built that shop in the last 10 years or so. Probably the issue - too much debt to build that place.
MAROON
AG
They actually filed chapter 11 on June 6th. Converted to Chapter 7 today.

MavsAg
AG
Over $81 to start the week. We back?
Furlock Bones
AG
structurally we are set to run up pretty good over the next year. which probably means, something will come in and crush the market.
BrokeAssAggie
MavsAg said:

Over $81 to start the week. We back?

Let's see if it can stay above $80 for more than a week this time.
Sims
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

We got several calls last week looking at backstop equipment in limbo so you're not the only one scrambling.

We don't make any stock skids/vessels and we're about 28 - 32 weeks out on new orders so we didn't have a lot of good news for the callers.
Cyp0111
I've been pretty wrong over the past 18 months so agree with this. China has a lot of SPR they can release to keep a lid on prices and keeping the Saudi cuts through end of year will help drive down.

DripAG08
AG
$80 is the new $100

Happy with the eight handle right now!
Dreigh
Could be a sizable crude draw reported this week, I hope EIA doesn't totally adjust it out of their numbers.
CPDAggie10
AG
Been a good run up. Our finance bros put on some more hedges today.

I'm still bullish that we go $90 by EOY
Farmer1906
AG
tremble
AG
China's been pretty smart about filling their SPR this year when pricing was low.
Furlock Bones
AG
Polaris Operating LLC files for ch 11 bankruptcy
Cyp0111
They operate in the Panhandle?
Furlock Bones
AG
Yep
BrokeAssAggie
Cyp0111
is Amarillo National Bank the lender on that one ? If so, those boys have had a really tough last 60 days
Gig-Em2003
AG
What else was ANB a part of that went south?
MAROON
AG
another one I just heard about today - White Oak Resources IV has gone Chapter 7 (Filed in mid July)

A couple of Aggies run White Oak
BrokeAssAggie
BCG Disciple
AG
Why is this such a massive drawing? Filling SPR?
jetch17
AG
MAROON said:

another one I just heard about today - White Oak Resources IV has gone Chapter 7 (Filed in mid July)

A couple of Aggies run White Oak

Figured that was coming - some geos and others I know have been bailing … they've been shopping conventional gulf coast for years to little avail
txaggie_08
AG
BCG Disciple said:

Why is this such a massive drawing? Filling SPR?

Nope. This administration refuses to refill SPR:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-spurns-another-round-offers-211600394.html

Quote:

The Biden administration is again delaying a replenishment of the nation's emergency oil reserve after deciding the offers it received were too expensive, according to people familiar with the matter. The decision comes as oil prices have rallied above $80 a barrel.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Oil-Prices-Balloon-On-Largest-Single-Week-Crude-Inventory-Crash-In-Years.html

Quote:

On Monday, the Department of Energy (DoE) reported no change for the third week in a row to the inventory held in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) in the week ending July 28, with the SPR inventory still sitting at a 40-year low of 346.8 million barrels.
First Page Last Page
Page 774 of 822

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.