Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,280,226 Views | 28678 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TxAg20
nu awlins ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Skillet Shot said:

Wildhorse did it again. Sold to CHK for $4B
Jay and Anthony know what they are doing. Jay is a sharp guy.
mts6175
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

SN getting murdered today.
And murdering my IRA.....
miller0926
AG
Has anyone here taken the Wild Well Control certification course? I take my test Friday and I'm pretty nervous about it. If you have, any tips on what I should know/study?
Skillet Shot
miller0926 said:

Has anyone here taken the Wild Well Control certification course? I take my test Friday and I'm pretty nervous about it. If you have, any tips on what I should know/study?

I took the completions/workover courses in June. Honestly, they go over the exam questions a million times on those online quizzes, the website "kahoot" or whatever. I didn't study and passed easily. Just read the questions carefully, they try to trick you with the double negatives and "all of the above" type answer choices. If you know downhole operations, don't sweat it.

Ive heard the drilling side for supervisors is more difficult though. Not a drilling guy so I couldn't help ya on that side.
miller0926
AG
Skillet Shot said:

miller0926 said:

I took the completions/workover courses in June. Honestly, they go over the exam questions a million times on those online quizzes, the website "kahoot" or whatever. I didn't study and passed easily. Just read the questions carefully, they try to trick you with the double negatives and "all of the above" type answer choices. If you know downhole operations, don't sweat it.

Ive heard the drilling side for supervisors is more difficult though. Not a drilling guy so I couldn't help ya on that side.

Ya this will be the completions/workover course. I'm very entry level and haven't even dealt with any of this stuff so alot of it is new to me (besides the pressures (hydrostatic, formation), and the capacity stuff). Are the questions straight from the practice quizzes and kahoot? Also, how complex do the math problems get?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Wild Well is a breeze if you know your kill sheets... is it Supervisor Level with Subsea? I've passed that one 3 times.

The rough one was IWCF Well Control. You have to memorize a koomey unit, kill a well in a simulation room by yourself, answer a bunch of questions about a well just based on what the pressure gauges are telling you, and fill out a kill sheet using the drillers method.

I got a 94 on the test and a 89 on the simulation last time I took it. Nearly beat the OIM for the rig I was the engineer on... it was a friendly competition.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Do you get to have your formulas with you in the little booklet they used give you?

Study the equivalent mud weight formula.

Look for trick questions conflating TD (pressure) vs MD (volume)

Draw your diagrams for each wellbore /hydrostatic question, it helps me to visualize what's going on
drill4oil78
AG
miller0926 said:

I have taken so many well control courses I could teach it. In fact I used to ask them if I could take the test the first day and not go through 3-4 days of class room. These are easy test. I assume you have some technical background and college degree from A&M. You should be fine. These test are on high school level education if not easier.

The problem with many of these schools (maybe not WWC) is that many are taught by people that have never actually been involved with a real life well control situation.
Post removed:
by user
Skillet Shot
miller0926 said:

Skillet Shot said:

miller0926 said:

Ya this will be the completions/workover course. I'm very entry level and haven't even dealt with any of this stuff so alot of it is new to me (besides the pressures (hydrostatic, formation), and the capacity stuff). Are the questions straight from the practice quizzes and kahoot? Also, how complex do the math problems get?

The majority of the questions are right off the practice questions or a slight variation. Math is fairly simple, I only remember there being maybe 5-10 total math questions. And most are one step problems. Good luck
Boat Shoes
AG
Took my IADC WellSharp Drilling Supervisor course through Wild Well Control about two months ago. As everyone said, you should be fine. Most of the questions are nearly identical to the practice exams and homework they give you. Review those each night and you should be prepared. You do get to use your tech book that contains all the formulas you need.
Talon2DSO
AG
https://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=14771081
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
LRHF
AG
Encana takes out Newfield, 35% premium on NFX
AgLA06
AG
Is that good or bad for you?
Talon2DSO
AG
It's all good. If they keep me, I have a great gig. If I get cut, i have great experience. I think I'll be ok regardless.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
You know the industry well enough to know you're cherry for the foreseeable future. Demand for Marcellus pipe capacity isn't going away anytime soon. Dominion's move appears to be about not wanting to invest the time and assets needed to appropriately develop that venture moreso than being bearish on its future returns.
End Of Message
AG
Waivers of Iranian sanctions

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/02/us-is-reportedly-granting-8-countries-iran-sanctions-waivers.html
Talon2DSO
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

You know the industry well enough to know you're cherry for the foreseeable future. Demand for Marcellus pipe capacity isn't going away anytime soon. Dominion's move appears to be about not wanting to invest the time and assets needed to appropriately develop that venture moreso than being bearish on its future returns.

Yessir. Midstream is much too fast and nimble for Dominion. I'm in a great spot here. Love this company (Blue Racer) and feel pretty good about the career opportunities here. If it doesnt pan out, I'll be a handful of attorneys with operational experience and significant DOT experience. I've been working pretty heavy with PHMSA, FRA, and FMCSA. I put all my chips in. Lost a marriage when the market tanked and I was out on my own.

End Of Message
AG
Talon
Zemira
AG
Okay I came here to ask a question in hopes I am not going crazy. Recruiter called me today.

One of those we can't give you the name of the company unless they choose to interview you which always gets me a bit on edge, because why are they hiding?

Anyhow I asked what their core business was, and she said some pipelines, but mostly fuel transportation with trucks to fuel stations they own. So my response was so some Midstream and but mostly Downstream operations. And she's like no they aren't in the oil business. Anyhow I keep asking questions. I say yes I understand the company
is not an Exploration/Production company or an oilfield service company. If they transport and retail fuel they are downstream, but she was insistent they were not in Oil and Gas.

Am I going crazy?
Pahdz
Sounds like a Love's or Quik Trip type org
IrishTxAggie
AG
Sounds like another wet behind the ears recruiter that doesn't know WTF they're talking about.
Pahdz
QuikTrip owns some pipelines I believe for gasoline
IrishTxAggie
AG
Which would still be downstream and the recruiter is either an idiot or purposely misrepresenting the company from the sounds of it and of which neither is good.
Goose06
AG
Just because the recruiter is an idiot does not mean it's a bad opportunity
IrishTxAggie
AG
Not at all. But a clueless recruiter can do a huge disservice to the client trying to fill the position and cost them what could've been a good candidate.
Talon2DSO
AG
Propane distributor? Propane and propane accessories?
Zemira
AG
Yeah I'm not sure exactly what the opportunity is, but I kind of really want to know who it is so I can contact their internal HR and let them know the external recruiter doesn't know what she is talking about.

Regardless I'm probably passing on the opportunity due to commute, but I was dumbfounded she was arguing with me and she didn't seem to know what upstream, midstream and downstream meant.

Anyhow hopefully everyone is having a good weekend!
JD Shellnut
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Strickland Propane, perhaps? A damn fine company.
SidetrackAg
AG
Drifter. said:

Talon2DSO said:

Strickland Propane, perhaps? A damn fine company.

My pest exterminator said he has a friend that works there
BMach
AG
What's behind the jump in natural gas lately?
Gordo14
BMach said:

I read that the winter is expected to be colder than originally expected.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Gordo14 said:

BMach said:

Haven't we heard this every year for the past three years?
LRHF
AG
Gas storage is low and a cold winter could cause nat gas prices to spike
RK
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Gordo14 said:

BMach said:

Haven't we heard this every year for the past three years?
well, if meteorologists are right 25-30% of the time, we could be in for a cold winter...
First Page Last Page
Page 478 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.