Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,279,726 Views | 28677 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Drillbit4
SidetrackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
realwizardharry said:

I appreciate the response. Fortunately, current students have premium access and are able to PM.

Gives no option to send PM when clicking on your username
IrishTxAggie
AG
You have access to read the premium forum. Don't think you have access to post in the premium and PM. It's a "read only" deal that TexAgs does for current students.
Premium
AG
SidetrackAg said:

realwizardharry said:

I appreciate the response. Fortunately, current students have premium access and are able to PM.

Gives no option to send PM when clicking on your username

True story
realwizardharry
AG
Well, I guess I was wrong. I've received PMs before so not really sure what the deal is now. Thanks for the heads up
jetch17
AG
This thread is dead...

Anyone in Anaheim this week got the SEG?
Ragoo
AG
jetch17 said:

This thread is dead...

everyone is booming again.
Ragoo
AG
You going to be in midland next week?
AgLA06
AG
Ragoo said:

jetch17 said:

This thread is dead...

Subsea is still waiting.
Ragoo
AG
AgLA06 said:

Ragoo said:

jetch17 said:

This thread is dead...

Subsea is still waiting.
the "easy" money is on land, subsea is going to be waiting a while.
jetch17
AG
Ragoo said:

Yeah probably tues-thurs
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I'd be interested in tipping my toe back in the water in drilling operations for a land or offshore drilling gig - I'd love to be based in Houston though. Any leads from anyone? My primary background is in Drilling Operations (planning, management, etc) and Rig Equipment Project Management (upgrades, installations, modifications, and major maintenance planning).

I've been talking to some folks at a couple of big offshore drilling contractors about future openings (former bosses who have caught on with them respectively) - but they won't have contracts (thus won't hire mid-level managers / superintendents) until late this year or early next year.
Ragoo
AG
jetch17 said:

Ragoo said:

Yeah probably tues-thurs
i will be in Monday evening thru Thursday morning.
AgLA06
AG
Best of luck finding something.

I was managing subsea delivery for an OEM and moved over to strategic management for them when projects ran dry. I jumped at an opportunity to manage a division for a manufacturer of products in the midstream pipeline segment of the market.

I miss subsea and upstream in general. I'm starting to look myself to see if I can find a general management or position similar to what I do now in the EPC or OEM segments. If anyone knows of anything in the Houston area as well, I'd appreciate it. Maybe a different segment of midstream would be better. I'm open to anything.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
AgLA06 said:

Best of luck finding something.

I was managing subsea delivery for an OEM and moved over to strategic management for them when projects ran dry. I jumped at an opportunity to manage a division for a manufacturer of products in the midstream pipeline segment of the market.

I miss subsea and upstream in general. I'm starting to look myself to see if I can find a general management or position similar to what I do now in the EPC or OEM segments. If anyone knows of anything in the Houston area as well, I'd appreciate it. Maybe a different segment of midstream would be better. I'm open to anything.
This is the crux of it. I miss the industry and I am willing to take any kind of management (HSE manager, operations support, technical advisor, project manager) role to get a foot in the door again.

Good luck to you as well
Gordo14
Ragoo said:

jetch17 said:

Ragoo said:

Yeah probably tues-thurs

I'm here all the time
Ragoo
AG
Gordo14 said:

Ragoo said:

jetch17 said:

Ragoo said:

Yeah probably tues-thurs

I'm here all the time
i am staying downtown at the double tree. I will probably have dinner covered but if anyone wants to get together in that Mexican bar one evening I am game.
txaggie_08
AG
Me too. Been a midland resident for almost 9 months now.
Gordo14
Ragoo said:

Gordo14 said:

Ragoo said:

jetch17 said:

Ragoo said:

Yeah probably tues-thurs

I'm here all the time
i am staying downtown at the double tree. I will probably have dinner covered but if anyone wants to get together in that Mexican bar one evening I am game.

Let me know, if I can, I'll probably be down to join for a few drinks.
Comeby!
AG
Another Texags hook up.
Gordo14
Comeby! said:

Another Texags hook up.
nu awlins ag
AG
Quote:

Analysts at Fitch Solutions forecast that the price of Brent Crude Oil will average $91 per barrel in 2022, a new report has revealed.
Brent is forecasted by the Fitch Solutions analysts to average $75 per barrel this year, $82 per barrel next year, $85 per barrel in 2020 and $89 per barrel in 2021, according to the report, which was sent to Rigzone.
These forecasts were notably higher than the Bloomberg consensus for Brent, which forecasts the commodity to average $73.6 per barrel in 2018, $75.3 per barrel in 2019, $72 per barrel in 2020, $70 per barrel in 2021 and $66.2 per barrel in 2022.
Analysts at Fitch Solutions forecast that the average price of WTI will hit $68 per barrel this year, $75 per barrel next year, $81 per barrel in 2020, $85 per barrel in 2021 and $87 per barrel in 2022.
The Bloomberg consensus for WTI forecasts the commodity to average $68 per barrel in 2018, $68.9 per barrel in 2019, $65.4 per barrel in 2020, $63.5 per barrel in 2021 and $62.3 per barrel in 2022.

I found this rather interesting. These guys can't forecast next week's activity. How can one service be so polar opposite the other?
IrishTxAggie
AG

Could be a big win here...
TxAg20
AG
Couldn't an LNG terminal take LNG from anywhere? I don't see that as a big win for the U.S. as mush as just decent decision making to not make your country dependent on Russian gas.
Post removed:
by user
TxAg20
AG
third coast.. said:

US is huge exporter of LNG. there are about to be 4 terminals in Texas ports alone.

US has 4.5% of LNG market share.

3 terminals in Texas, eventually.
Post removed:
by user
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Ha! Ask and Ye shall receive. Got a call from a offshore company looking for my role (I know some guys) and they interviewed and want me to come in in 2 weeks to meet the boss.

Wish me luck (or help me prepare to impress)
MAROON
AG
TxAg20 said:

third coast.. said:

US is huge exporter of LNG. there are about to be 4 terminals in Texas ports alone.

US has 4.5% of LNG market share.

3 terminals in Texas, eventually.
JFYI that map doesn't include LNG export facilities that are already constructed (Cheniere and Cove Point).
nu awlins ag
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Ha! Ask and Ye shall receive. Got a call from a offshore company looking for my role (I know some guys) and they interviewed and want me to come in in 2 weeks to meet the boss.

Wish me luck (or help me prepare to impress)
Updated....User name checks out!!!
AgLA06
AG
Go get the job!

Then help a brother out.
Premium
AG
Price of oiL today
gougler08
AG
Premium said:

Price of oiL today

Everything in the market today
Whitetail
AG
Premium said:

Price of oiL today
for future reference:

INDEX
UNITS
PRICE
CHANGE
%CHANGE
CONTRACT
[url=https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/CL1:COM][/url]TIME (EDT)

WTI Crude Oil (Nymex)
USD/bbl.
-4.12%
Dec 2018
1:26 PM

[url=https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/CO1:COM][/url]Brent Crude (ICE)
USD/bbl.
-3.91%
Dec 2018
1:26 PM

ouch.
Gordo14
I guess the one silver lining is, for the most part, the oil price drop has mostly displaced the differential in the Permian. We haven't seen much change in midland pricing basically regardless of oil price, but with the differential only at ~$5 right now, we're going start seeing it soon at this rate.
Cyp0111
Most of the impact has been 19/20 with producers blending and lowering outright through 20 diff.
First Page Last Page
Page 476 of 820

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.